Low frame rate in AVP2.

Started by InfestedGoat, Jan 22, 2010, 11:31:10 PM

Author
Low frame rate in AVP2. (Read 6,748 times)

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

My fps is awful on avp2. I thought it was my vista 64, but I just got windows 7, and it still doesnt work.

I have updated everything have the right drivers etc.

my specs:

video: nvidia 280 gtx sli
ram: 4 gb of ddr3
CPU: q9550 @ ~3.85ghz
My PSU is sufficent, mobo is fine etc. All games work fine, except AVP2.

either my fps is stuck at 60 (ive tried messing with vsync), or it drops to like 15fps on levels like colony. I have also tried setting the affinity to 1 core. Still does not help.

I'd love for someone to maybe have some insight on what to do.

postman

postman

Are you running any background programs like anti-virus software? If so, then I'd advise you to close all programs before running the game. If this isn't your issue, then reinstalling the game from scratch may fix your solution, and pherps even change the comparability to a older version of windows since I had a simlar problem with another older game, and by changing the windows to a older version, it worked at a far greater frame rate.   

Xhan

Xhan

Disable SLI.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Hm now it is freezing when I try to view server list... i'll work on this problem -.-

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Alright, I am using the Neo connecting thing, and it seems to be working. I think the SLI did it, i use to just make a profile and turn off sli for the game, but I actually had to disable SLI for the entire computer. I'll post back if the FPS starts sucking agian.

THANKS! Hopefully this nostalgia will tide me over until we get a demo for AvP3.

elliotw2

elliotw2

I'm also having this problem, but it isn't SLI, unless it's hidden under a different name in the control panel. In closed areas, such as buildings, it'll run around 60 FPS, but as soon as I go outside or in a long hallway, I'll drop down to 15. I had this problem with another Lithtech game, but the options that fixed it there aren't in this game.

Xhan

Xhan

OS, graphics card, etc.

No one call help you unless we know what you have.

elliotw2

elliotw2

Windows Vista
Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ
Geforce 9600GT, latest drivers
2GB RAM

It's done this on both XP and Vista, with the same hardware

Xhan

Xhan

What SP is vista?

elliotw2

elliotw2

Service Pack 2

Xhan

Xhan

Are you in single monitor mode?

elliotw2

elliotw2

Yes, nothing that I can think could cause this. Shogo and Tron 2.0 run fine on this system, and both use a similar version of Lithtech

Xhan

Xhan

Sounds like a corrupt d3d.ren.

elliotw2

elliotw2

How would I fix this? Download a new one? Steal it from Tron/Shogo? It's of note that the Expansion does this too, almost worse at times.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed