New PC Screenshots released *Updated*

Started by ikarop, Jan 13, 2010, 03:32:08 PM

Author
New PC Screenshots released *Updated* (Read 60,635 times)

scarhunter92

Why can't people just like both platforms? Each one has strengths and weaknesses.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: hardwired on Jan 14, 2010, 07:42:33 PM
I hope that my posts are okay, cause i dont want to make trouble.  :)

They are, all 3 of them. :P

hardwired

hardwired

I like both for example but some things are hard to realize on both platforms (rts like Starcraft and Dawn of War on the console), or its just the "sofa-factor" for example (i prefer to play beatemups on consoles and race game mostly too).
I think shooters are something special cause you can realy make a good one on a console, but you got a few limitations or its just easyer to realize on the PC (faster turning, by absolute accuary, without any autoaiming->alien comes to mind and as pred you can find spots to jump on much faster).
Anyway everyone got a different feel and other requirements for games or whole genres on the different platforms and all factors can explain totally opposite opinions, from #### people.
There are not many things in the world, too which all people agree.

But...Just have fun and let others think, like they do.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Brother on Jan 14, 2010, 07:38:19 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 07:33:09 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2010, 05:53:46 PM
Guys, don't turn this into another 'console vs. PC' thread.

Gotta hand it to him, he has a point: why bother playing PC games these days?

That is not his point and you aren't helping. The boards have been clean from "the war" for a couple of days now and we'd all like to stay that way.

All I was saying is that the distinction between platforms evaporate, so the PC has no real benefit anymore over consoles: so why bother?

Brother

Brother

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 08:21:40 PM
Quote from: Brother on Jan 14, 2010, 07:38:19 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 07:33:09 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2010, 05:53:46 PM
Guys, don't turn this into another 'console vs. PC' thread.

Gotta hand it to him, he has a point: why bother playing PC games these days?

That is not his point and you aren't helping. The boards have been clean from "the war" for a couple of days now and we'd all like to stay that way.

All I was saying is that the distinction between platforms evaporate, so the PC has no real benefit anymore over consoles: so why bother?
Oh god, the war is starting...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Enough!!! I don't want to have start deleting posts!

skull-splitter

I was opposing the whole war thing, we just have to wait and play.

Back on FSAA by the way: technically, it just can't be done... In DX9 that is, in DX10/11 it can be worked around as far as I read.

Supersampling is just a form of FSAA, so it won't work that well out of the box, nor will a mod just fix it like that.

We'll have to wait and try.

DrHobo

DrHobo

I hope you could just force the game to use FSAA with nHancer (Advanced Control Panel and Profile Editor for nVidia cards):

http://i45.tinypic.com/23k4vfq.jpg

Oh, and I have no idea how Aliens vs Predators made it into the profiles so early. Just found it recently

You could also force better AA with the HL2 Engine:
http://www.nhancer.com/help/AASamples.htm
Really cool to see the difference on screen.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Swizzly64 on Jan 14, 2010, 10:15:35 PM
Oh, and I have no idea how Aliens vs Predators made it into the profiles so early. Just found it recently

It's probably included in the latest firmware update.

visagepoissons

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 09:31:59 PM

Back on FSAA by the way: technically, it just can't be done... In DX9 that is, in DX10/11 it can be worked around as far as I read.

Supersampling is just a form of FSAA, so it won't work that well out of the box, nor will a mod just fix it like that.

Really? Hmm, that makes sense. Deaed Space was only DX9 if I remember correctly.

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 01:13:33 PM
Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 14, 2010, 12:12:29 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 09:21:52 AM
speaking of FSAA: I've read that AvP, like Killzone 2, heavily relies on differred rendering. The upside is the sheer amount of atmosphere you can add, the downside is that FSAA won't work.
Oh god... If this is true I will cry... That's the reason that Dead Space can't use anti aliasing. Still, that game was very atmospheric. But the constant flickering of those un AAed models did take away from the immersiveness.

To be honest, to cry about FSAA when a game looks like this... Seems a bit like being a crybaby for the sake of it. Sure, it'd be nice to have FSAA, if available at affordable framerates, it get's turned on. But if it just is impossible, so be it, it'd still be a freaking good looking game.
Dude, I'm not actually going to freaking cry. XD

And no, I don't think it will be a good looking game. A good looking game looks realistic and is immersive. Without AA it can't possibly look realistic.

But no, I'm not going to cry, I'd be a bit miffed that I can't run it with A, but I won't enjoy the game any less. I AM a graphics whore, but gameplay comes first.

DrHobo

DrHobo

Nah, not in updates, something else. Something snicky that enters from the back door. Last update was in Octobre 2009 and it has also the game 'Metro 2033' listed, which was recently announced (last week?). Or some guys can upload profiles, I dunno.

It also has Aliens: Colonial Marines already in it hehe

Can't wait to run tests on the demo.

GTA4 didn't have AA and it just screamed for it :'(

VEF214

VEF214

The fourth screenshot is definitely the most interesting. There seems to be some kind of marker located in the center with obvious alien control of it. Territories or king of the hill anyone with all three species?

Brother

Brother

Conquest mode.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 14, 2010, 10:29:20 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 09:31:59 PM

Really? Hmm, that makes sense. Deaed Space was only DX9 if I remember correctly.

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 01:13:33 PM
Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 14, 2010, 12:12:29 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 09:21:52 AM
speaking of FSAA: I've read that AvP, like Killzone 2, heavily relies on differred rendering. The upside is the sheer amount of atmosphere you can add, the downside is that FSAA won't work.
Oh god... If this is true I will cry... That's the reason that Dead Space can't use anti aliasing. Still, that game was very atmospheric. But the constant flickering of those un AAed models did take away from the immersiveness.

To be honest, to cry about FSAA when a game looks like this... Seems a bit like being a crybaby for the sake of it. Sure, it'd be nice to have FSAA, if available at affordable framerates, it get's turned on. But if it just is impossible, so be it, it'd still be a freaking good looking game.
Dude, I'm not actually going to freaking cry. XD

And no, I don't think it will be a good looking game. A good looking game looks realistic and is immersive. Without AA it can't possibly look realistic.

But no, I'm not going to cry, I'd be a bit miffed that I can't run it with A, but I won't enjoy the game any less. I AM a graphics whore, but gameplay comes first.

You must play with really crappy resolution. Modeling matters WAY more than AA. By orders of magnitude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed