*SPOLIERS* Predators and P1/P2 *SPOILERS*

Started by Doomofman, Dec 24, 2009, 01:14:20 AM

Author
*SPOLIERS* Predators and P1/P2 *SPOILERS* (Read 6,671 times)

Doomofman

I'm amazingly bored so I decided I'd run through the script and try and pick out all the nods and references to the first 2 movies. These will range from direct mentions to random clutching at straws coincidences  :P Remember, I'm doing this only from the viewpoint of the movies, not any comics or games so don't start crying that it happened in the comics first or whatever....

;D

So from here on in....

Here be spoilers....

• Obviously first off you could say the city scape that the first scene of the movie occurs in is a reference to P2, it's even referred to as a 'concrete jungle'
  • Again, our second location could be a reference to P1, the jungle environment. Already we've seen the same environments as the first 2 movies
  • Nikolais rotary barrelled machine gun is, IMO, a direct reference to Blain's Ol' Painless from the P1
  • Mombasa materializing behind Stans like a 'ghost' to me invokes a feeling of Mac silencing Dillon with his hand in P1
  • Royce's notice of the tracks... Brings to mind Billy from P1
  • The butterfly landing on Edwins arm is probably an unintentional nod to a deleted scene from P1 of a butterfly landing on the arm of a camouflaged Predator
  • The dead fall trap reminds me of Poncho's first hit in P1, the log suspended by vines
  • Also, Royce notes that whatever killed the guy came through the trip wires, like when PRedator retrieves Blain's body in P1
  • Mombasa staring at something he can't see feels like Billy's scene in P1 where he's entranced by the forest in front of him
  • Obviously a big nod is the Predator mimicking a persons voice with the Chucillo trap... Was done in P1 + 2
  • Perhaps a subtle nod to P1 with the throwing of a rock to test the Predator
  • The cooling blood in the Predator's POV reminds me of the scorpion after the camp battle in P1
  • I suppose you could say the first sight of the hunting camp is reminiscent of finding Hoppa's team in P1 e.g the alien vultures
  • The spear could be thought of as a nod to P2... The scene actually reminds me more of AVP as the spear is cloaked..
  • All the characters shooting up the camp and jungle firing at nothing is an obvious nod to the scene in P1 when Mac first encounters the Predator
  • Again the characters falling off the cliff into water reminds me of Arnies drop in P1
  • Finally a direct mention.. Isabelle gives the back story in a painful, stuck in for good measure sort of way...
  • And there it is.. A horrible horrible unnecessary homage 'if it bleeds, we can kill it'
  • Again another 'hand around the mouth' silencing technique reminiscent of Mac from P1
  • Royce baiting an alien.. Dutch does it in P1
  • Noland saying 'Over here' off screen... Definite nod to Mac
  • Edwins 'we're all going to die' line could be a nod to Billy
  • BSP lifting Nikolai off the ground with his wrist blades makes me think of Dillons demise
  • Obviously. Nikolai's 'you're one ugly mother f**ker line' is a reference to both movies
  • Nikolai laughs like Billy
  • BSP's POV zooming in on Royces heart reminds me of the scene in P2 where Predator notices the baby
  • Cycling through visions modes is an obvious reference to P2 in my book
  • SP's cloak on the fritz due to water occurs in both movies
  • Hanzo standing in the clearing as the others run seems to me like Billy's last stand
  • Metal net... Appeared in P2
  • Royce playing with the BSP reminds me or Dutch's plan against Predator
  • BSP lifting Royce by the throat... Similar scene in P1
  • Royce severing BSPs arm while trying to engage self destruct... P2 on the ledge
  • And obviously the alternate ending is a huge nod

Johnny Handsome

Also Mombasa cuttin that tree root to drink from it is a direct reference to Billy.

Doomofman

Knew I'd miss something... Guess I kinda glossed over some parts.... Any more I missed?

Johnny Handsome

Dont know to be true.

Pvt. Hicks

The mimicking is not a nod, it is just what predators do.

The alternate ending is also not a nod, this is a sequel to Predator, a direct continuation, it is not a homage to anything, in the filmmakers' mind this is what happens next to the Dutch character.

Pinkman

Pinkman

This is more of a lame last minute attempt to put a cameo in there frankly. And seeing the response Antal gave to the question of the Arnie cameo, he doesn't seem to take it very seriously.

Skinner

They better not say "If it bleeds we can kill it" in the actual movie.

Pinkman

Quote from: Skinner on Dec 24, 2009, 02:41:25 AM

Well there's still a chance they'll skip this line, but even if we hear it, it's just a line after all, that won't bother me that much. When I heard "come if you want to live" in T4, that wasn't really the reason why I didn't like the movie. It was just the ice on the cake in the bad experience, if you will.

Sylizar

Alot of that was just picking unessecary facts, but I do agree with some.

Pvt. Hicks

What if the movie is good?

Reaper Pred

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Dec 24, 2009, 03:15:24 AM

What if the movie is good?
God Bless You!!!

echobbase79

If someone says that I'll laugh. For some reason I can only hear Arnold saying that. But it might work.

ShadowPred

Didn't Royce in the script say it?

keylight-di

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 24, 2009, 06:33:58 AM

If someone says that I'll laugh. For some reason I can only hear Arnold saying that. But it might work.

Let me find.... Oh, yes, here it is... ;)

Page 41.
ROYCE:
(stone cold)
It bleeds.
STANS:
So what?! Look at us, man, we're bleeding too!
Nail on the head.
ROYCE:
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
Beat.

So here you have... ;D

ShadowPred

Ugh...lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed