I did an interview with the WONDERFUL Brian Tyler!

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Jun 28, 2007, 02:13:05 AM

Author
I did an interview with the WONDERFUL Brian Tyler! (Read 6,091 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Class act this guy is! Well, here is something new for AvP 2! It's 100% genuine.

1. How did you come about to getting to work on AvP 2?
The directors Greg and Colin Strause called me for the film and I was thrilled to be asked to score the film. They are incredible guys and are CRAZY talented. John Davis is producing who is really great.

2. Are you a fan of the series?
I am a mega fan of the series. All of the series. The Alien Quadrilogy DVD set is probably my most watched DVD set ever. And Predator - how cool can you get? Its Aliens. Its Predators. Its a dream come true working on this movie.

3. Will the score be more of an epic score like AvP, or more Horror-like?

Well, the movie is both terrifying and adrenaline pumping. There is a high tension factor, a military component, there is an Aliens vibe, and a Predator vibe. There is a science fiction feel to the music while at the same time the music has to be unsettling, dark, anxiety ridden. And ballsy! It is a high bar to shoot for.

4. You have said you will pay homage to the original scores in the past. Does that mean blending those past scores in with AvP 2's or just throwing them in there?

The sound of this score reflects the world of the original films and I am steeped in them. This is the true world of Aliens and Predators. The sound we know as Aliens and Predator is weaved throughout.

5. Have you seen AvP 2, and if so what are your thoughts on it?

It is fantastic. I wish I could say more about it but I don't want to ruin the fun. But yes, this is a hardcore Aliens and Predator film!

7. What's next for you after AvP 2?

After AVP2, I will be scoring the final film in the Rambo series, "John Rambo." Also, "War" from director Philip Atwell and the Pang Brother's film "Bangkok Dangerous" starring Nicolas Cage.

ShadowPred

Vader the White

This makes me happy. Except for one thing, but it involves the title for Rambo 4.

Uncanny Antman

It's nice that you go to ask him some questions...but a pity there's nothing really here that hasn't been said in previous interview snippets.

On the other hand, I guess there's not much he can say about the project just yet.

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 28, 2007, 04:29:15 AM
He DID say it was "fantastic" and he did mention how much of a fan he was.
Didn't Uncanny just say that it was nothing we haven't heard before in previous snippets? ;)

Nice to hear his enthusiasm for the music and what it will be like. I thought the score kind'a let AvP down. I hope he does well again.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 28, 2007, 04:29:15 AM
He DID say it was "fantastic"

I wasn't really expecting him to say that it was a piece of shit.  That kind of candor isn't common in Hollywood. ;)

Anyway, seriously...I am reasonably confident that Tyler will deliver.  Even his more, shall we say, "generic" scores have been pretty good listens, so fingers crossed.  :)

Johnny Handsome

Brian Tyler: Its a dream come true working on this movie.

Man, that reminded me so drastically to what paul anderson said...
Besides that, great talk but not really news, i dont know what you guys feel, but my patience has an end soon...

Uncanny Antman

Big whoop.  What are you going to do when your patience runs out?

Exactly...you'll wait some more whether you like it or not.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 28, 2007, 05:53:03 AM

Well, i have to wait till december for sure to watch the movie, but im not gonna come to this board every single day and wasting more time for absolutly nothing, now dont get me wrong, this board has absolutly nothing to do with it and i love this board, but my patience becomes anger with all this secrecy shit going arround and the cherry on the cake was that they showed a clip from the movie to people who were dont even expecting it and we sit here waiting for trailers, clips, images or even a poster and getting absolutly nothing, is this the thank you from colin and fox?No ill pass >:(
Im angry about that shit, im angry BIG TIME >:(

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 28, 2007, 06:10:56 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 28, 2007, 05:53:03 AM

Well, i have to wait till december for sure to watch the movie, but im not gonna come to this board every single day and wasting more time for absolutly nothing, now dont get me wrong, this board has absolutly nothing to do with it and i love this board, but my patience becomes anger with all this secrecy shit going arround and the cherry on the cake was that they showed a clip from the movie to people who were dont even expecting it and we sit here waiting for trailers, clips, images or even a poster and getting absolutly nothing, is this the thank you from colin and fox?No ill pass >:(

It is never a good sign when a movie like this has so much secrecy involved...

For example, the The Dark Knight movie which will come only in 2008, we already have the Batsuit, the Batglider, the Joker's face (Nice one, Shadow, I never thought until a few days ago that your avatar was the Joker...Cool) so we have a LOT more than a movie that will come out still in 2007.

Also, this usually means that the powers that be are not confident about the success of the movie, otherwise, we would be already having trailers, a lot more pics, and surely clearer pics of the Predator and Aliens... And the Marketing Amsterdam 'cloak and dagger' strategy just adds up...

I have to confess that the more I think about it, the more cautious I get about whether the movie will rock or not, because I have seen this before and the final movie turned out to be way off my expectations...

So, I'm gonna wait...What else is there...?  :(

Irritator

How can you be so optimistic? Can't you see it's all deceitful bullshit? It's what the filmmakers ALWAYS say: "I was thrilled", "They are CRAZY talented" , "I am a Big fan of the series", "The movie is hardcore but can't talk about it", AND THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT PAUL ANDERSON AND HIS CREW WERE SAYING.

It's all Hollywood propaganda repeated traditionally by the whole crew starting from pre-production till the "making of" documentaries. it's only AFTER that whole promotion thing, only then can they start to be honest about their opinions (and usually don't, anyway).

Remember how Fox cut the interview with Fincher for the Making Of Alien 3 because he didn't like the movie and blamed Fox for how it turned out? Well, it's because THERE IS NO ROOM for individual, sincere opinions in this industry. Believe only what you see, people.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 28, 2007, 06:10:56 AM
is this the thank you from colin and fox?No ill pass >:(

If that's your attitude on the situation, maybe you should take a break 'til December.

Personally, I'm not here waiting for the sole purpose of snagging some morsel of info on AvP2, so I think I'll do just fine.

Highland

Shit, that Amsterdam clips really set some people off huh! :D

Sometimes we need Big mistakes to give everyone a wake up call, I mean they made AR and it was so bad that they turned to AVP, now that the first one has been slated everywhere, I think a few lessons might have learned.

Their going R rated for a start, their going back to the roots as has been stated by Colin Strause and if his comments are anything to go buy it sounds like it too, Its going to be more Horror, and along the line of Alliens and the first predator.

I mean what else do you guys want!!! friggin hicks and dutch to show up and raid ripleys house!

The clips coming, shit, talk about peeing yourself when your 2 feet away from the toilet! ha ha

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: highlandpred on Jun 28, 2007, 11:51:14 AM
I mean what else do you guys want!!! friggin hicks and dutch to show up

There are probably hicks in the film, but I don't think there are any dutch people though.  I could be wrong.

SiL

If someone says 'Going back to the roots' in relation to this film, I WILL swear profusely.

That's a promise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed