Is The Queen Dead?

Started by carlp06, Dec 28, 2006, 10:59:56 AM

Do you think the Queen from AvP is dead?

Yes
90 (40.5%)
No
132 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author
Is The Queen Dead? (Read 82,605 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 29, 2006, 10:32:03 PM

All she has to do is break the chains?  Where was she before she was released by her Alien brood?  Oh yeah, IN CHAINS.

She can break those chains just fine.

She was being held be MORE than just chains. Problem was she was being held by huge constructs, and her limbs +tail were held by more than just chains as well.

ArchangeL

ArchangeL

Yes, she's DEAD.

She has a gaping hole in her head from where Scar stabbed her.

Freezing water will rush in.

She will die.

innerchaos

innerchaos

Well the acid from her head could be used to melt the chain. If she could see down there. And we've all seen the wonderful form aliens have, when it comes to water, from Alien Resurrection. Who knows, but who cares, she's not going to scale the Anarctica and find anything close to what she had in the pyramid to produce. So if she's not dead, she might as well be.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Maybe she broke the chains swam under the ice towards were Alexa is and then pulled her under the ice with the Queen.  ;D

Meathead320

Meathead320

Seeing how tons of ice crushing her did not kill her, and being completely submerdged in liquid nitrogen for 100 years does not kill her, I think is would be dangerous to just "assume" and organism like that is now dead because of freezing water, or the pressure of the 150 foot maximum depth of Bouvetoya Islands maximum depth. Humans have survived deeper.

AtR

AtR

Queen gets out of the water, hides on a ship from where the team came from. Stays hidden until they reach the shore and the fun starts. :D

SM

SM

QuoteI think is would be dangerous to just "assume" and organism like that is now dead because of freezing water, or the pressure of the 150 foot maximum depth of Bouvetoya Islands maximum depth.

It's actually maximum of 100m, but your point is still perfectly valid.  Stab wounds will quickly heal.  A bit of cold water isn't going to stress her too much.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Ya, the queens 'death' never sat well with me because she wouldnt have died.

We know that the pressure wasnt enough (just look at A3 when they pour tons and tons of molten lead of the alien ant it doesnt die) and the cold clearly not enough to kill it seeing as it was frozen at the being of the film and went into a hibernation-like state. We saw the queen in Aliens survive the neg. pressure and cold of space (but surley died on reentry into the planet).

So where is that AvP queen? Will it resurface? Where are the aliens in AvP2 coming from, eggs are coming from somewhere, presumably. Maybe, and this is a ridiculous notion, the preds managed to re-capture it after all was said and done, or maybe somehow managed to get abord a ship and killed everyone on board as it was heading to the destination of AvP2s setting.

Or maybe, just maybe, this is one of those cases of lazy writting and we will never have an answer except the one(s) we deduce for ourselfs.

but I digress, the point is, the Queen didnt die from falling in the water in AvP. Maybe she succame to the wounds though, who knows (again, highly doubtful)

SM

SM

QuoteSo where is that AvP queen? Will it resurface?

Possible resurface points would be the Australian claim in Antarctica, Western Australia, west coast of Sumatra, or at a stretch, any of the countries on the Bay of Bengal.  Plenty of possiblities for future stories there.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Well, the island is not very deep, not enough pressure to kill her if tons of ice crushing her could not, and the cold is not even close to the freeze she survived before, BUT even if it does not kill her, I could buy her ending up in hibernation due to the cold.

She could be down there alive, but dormant, for thousands of years for all we know.

Honestly, if/when (could be 2712 AD.) she resurfaced she would make her presence know, and fast. Maybe not her going on a rampage, but when about 100,000+ adult aliens show up somewhere, or heaven forbid she starts laying eggs for NEW queens, and the next thing you know you got hives everywhere, and billion of aliens, ala Dark Horse.

I have a feeling if any alien can regenerate the Queen would be #1 on the list. The egg sack could probably regenerate, and fast too.

SM

SM

Underwater hive.
Hugged dolphins, sharks, giant squid.
Carnage ensues.
(Harpoon this you Japanese whaling bastard!!)

AtR

AtR

hahahah

innerchaos

innerchaos

Eh, I just think Anderson was looking forward to a sequel. AVPII- Revival of the Queen?? BOO! :P

ArchangeL

ArchangeL

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2007, 10:48:22 PM
QuoteSo where is that AvP queen? Will it resurface?

Possible resurface points would be the Australian claim in Antarctica, Western Australia, west coast of Sumatra, or at a stretch, any of the countries on the Bay of Bengal.  Plenty of possiblities for future stories there.

Oh dear GOD NO!

Gangster Predator

Gangster Predator

I think the queen alien is dead because the aliens are related to serpents which leads to relations with a reptile or even a bug.Now we know bugs and reptile are not mammals that means they can't survive cold weather.Like The Queen alien she is frozen that means her heart stops if someone thaws her out which I highly Doubt she will be alive.The Queen is dead for now..But If a Comet or a asteroid was to hit the world or blow up anaartica obiviously she will die.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed