Is The Queen Dead?

Started by carlp06, Dec 28, 2006, 10:59:56 AM

Do you think the Queen from AvP is dead?

Yes
90 (40.5%)
No
132 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author
Is The Queen Dead? (Read 82,617 times)

carlp06

carlp06

In the alien movie discussions there is a topic on aliens having the ability to not breathe.If they do hav that ability wudnt that mean that the queen that got dragged into the sea cud still be alive??Cud this be a plotline for avp2??

Darkness

Darkness

Well, even if Queen was still alive, she wouldn't be able to get out of the water. She'd be completely frozen.

And I don't think they could tie this into AvP2. How would the Queen get from Antartica to Canada or wherever the film is set?

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

^..... what he said.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

unlucky fisherman...

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I believe there is 0 to none chance that she is alive.

My biggest reason: PRESSURE.

Aliens have an exoskeleton, much like insects, which are quite easily cracked when put under a little pressure yet rather strong to blunt force.

I would suspect the queen was crushed by the water pressure.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Nah, she's alive.
If aliens can survive extreme temperatures, and the vacuum of space (-pressure), I think she'll do just fine under water.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

all she as to do is break the chain and shes free  :o i see an AVP3 coming soon  ::)

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

1. Space = No pressure.

2. Look at a reference in Aliens, one alien drone's skull was easily crushed by the APC, which weighs upward of 15 tons.  The pressure of water can easily equal that.

3. All she has to do is break the chains?  Where was she before she was released by her Alien brood?  Oh yeah, IN CHAINS.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 29, 2006, 10:32:03 PM
1. Space = No pressure.

In that case, they should've exploded if they couldn't resist pressure.
Which they don't.

2. Look at a reference in Aliens, one alien drone's skull was easily crushed by the APC, which weighs upward of 15 tons.  The pressure of water can easily equal that.

The carapace got damaged at an angle and at one section at a time.
Underwater pressure is distributed evenly.

The pressure in an alien seems to be equal to the pressure of its surroundings.
If that's the case...then they won't implode.

3. All she has to do is break the chains?  Where was she before she was released by her Alien brood?  Oh yeah, IN CHAINS.

She was also in shackles.
Note, one chain was still attached, but she managed to break it in order to escape.

Johnzie

Johnzie

I think that in AVP2 dont care if the queen is dead or not...because...what will happen with the PREDALIEN in that case...is he in the movie? he kill everyone in the ship?!!!...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Makes sense. I suppose the Predalien offered the easier story continuation. The Queen thing might be a nice future story.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2007, 03:15:31 PM
Makes sense. I suppose the Predalien offered the easier story continuation. The Queen thing might be a nice future story.
Yeah, Space jockeys come to eath and find the frozen Queen, they keep in a chamber were it lays eggs, but something goes wrong and one of the eggs hatches, all the Jockeys die, except the pilot who lands on a planet then dies, years later the Weyland Yutani sends a ship named the Nostromo to investigate.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Hahaha, nice.  :D

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jan 06, 2007, 08:02:55 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2007, 03:15:31 PM
Yeah, Space jockeys come to eath and find the frozen Queen, they keep in a chamber were it lays eggs, but something goes wrong and one of the eggs hatches, all the Jockeys die, except the pilot who lands on a planet then dies, years later the Weyland Yutani sends a ship named the Nostromo to investigate.

That is actually not too bad at all.

Simple, and effective. Perhaps they picked up the signal when the Pred Pyramid on Bouvetoya island sends it out.

So that is where they stop, and what do they find?

Only problem I see is how did it fossilize in only 112 years from now?

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 28, 2006, 10:11:33 PM

I would suspect the queen was crushed by the water pressure.

Nope;

Bouvetoya island's surrounding depth is only around 100 foot. That and its tempature is a little warmer than Antarctica as well. 100-500 foot depth, Not enough pressure to kill a fully mature Alien Queen, who also happened to survive being crushed by tons of ice.

Actually if you notice, it was not that she could not lift the weight of the Caldron; it was that is caused her to slide back, and she could not find anything to grip that did not break free under her weight combined with the Caldrons.

If she landed at the bottom of the sea, I am sure she could take that chain in both hands (the bigger primary ones) and snap it like you or I could a rubber-band.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed