The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 136,942 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Yutani on Oct 26, 2009, 07:00:57 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Oct 26, 2009, 05:57:51 PM
That's really awesome info Dwaine, especially the parts you FAILED to post like where the Alien is made of tissue paper and Pred kills are one hit instantaneous (ALIENS MAKE INSTANTANEOUS KILLS TOO), or three hit melee which is actually faster (FALSE), and he has way more health.

QuotePredators have on-demand stealth, great manoeuvrability and powerful attacks at both close and long range. Guess which was regularly reaping the highest kill counts?

and let's take another quote out of context shall we?

Quoteespecially the Predator's wildly overpowered stealth (LOL, ALIENS CAN SEE THE PRED ALWAYS)

QuotePredators won't start with a full weapons loadout in multiplayer matches. But with their stealth kills (AGAIN, PRED-STEALH MEANS NOTHING FOR AN ALIEN), they'll still be unstoppable.

Quote- and from what we've played they stack up pretty evenly already

QuoteIn Predator Hunt - and you need no further indication of how overpowered the Predator is than this - there is only ever one Predator (----->from GAMEPREVIEW: "Lastly, we had a brief look at Predator Hunt where you get to play as a group of predators hunting a sole alien")

oh yeah and

::) ::) ::)

Awwwww how sweet, xhan  "CrYiGn MoDe On" , offcourse the previews totally rape you amazing theory about the preds being the absolute invincible killing machine...whit weak aliens runing arround, whit the alien described as "overpowered" in in the articles...your "omg! but the pred still having more health" its hilarious...but hey!, freak fanboys cant change their minds, so keep with the good work! Kudos for you mate!

The bitching never ends \o/

Oh and... ::)

That's nice except you failed to address anything inclement to the quotes, principally because you can't, and my opinion of them is irrelevant, something you'd hit upon if you weren't so busy trolling/whining.

None of the reviewers have ample time and some may not even have the proper mindset or skill to make anything other than a cursory inspection, hence the term "preview". It's as easy to assume that players' long term capabilities and strategies will offer up tangents Rebellion never thought they'd have to contend with, and none of that hinges on a subjective impression based on at best a couple hours of gameplay with an unfamiliar control set and game mechanic implementation.

In either case none fo that covers stuff like:

QuoteI think so, I mean in some sense you'll probably look at the game and ask "Is the Marine, who doesn't have those Predator abilities, going to be weaker as a result?". The short answer is 'no', but it really depends on the skill of the player. There's always that skill factor involved. We can give players the tools, whether they choose to use those tools is entirely up to them. That's not me saying "the developer says it's your fault if you suck", not in the slightest. The Marine has heavy weapons that nobody has seen yet, like the Smart Gun. When you have the Smart Gun, everyone fears you. In the Deathmatch mode, that would be everybody [laughs].

or
It's getting the balance right between making the game accessible and having enough meat in there to satisfy core gamers. It's not 'dumbing down', but it's not slapping people in the face either. We'd really like you to enjoy this experience and give you a whole campaign that lets you get used to these three species, make a bond with them, choose your favourite and to learn how the system works against an AI that's dumber than a human. That's the concession if you want to see it as such.

or

The game doesn't really do these screens justice: grainy textures, flat lighting and a chugging frame rate were all noticeable.

or

Quotetaking any damage at all

Which players will decide hands on, which was the point of contention to begin with.

ajm

Um, guys, why not go to the Eurogamer event and play the game and thus, like, find out for yourself?

tigerija

SEVEN MODES OMFG, cant wait :D.

I hope there will be one or 2 predators vs all aliens... Coz there is 1 alien vs predators, what is ok but, it should be opposite.

Spaghetti

Is alien regeneration confirmed? It was stated in one of the previews but in another it says that marines and xenos have health packs. (Im guessing some people are confusing the species) I thought the were going with the eat-head-to-regain-health thing.

Puks

I'm pretty sure they'll stick to the headbite healing. NO autoheal, please.

kvon17

I think they've said you auto heal.

GrimyGhost

Quote from: kvon17 on Oct 26, 2009, 08:59:52 PM
I think they've said you auto heal.

No, they said head bites for aliens, wrist health comp for pred, marines medkits.

kvon17

and another preview said you auto regen.

Puks

Dear Lord, I sure hope not. See? This is why I hate consoles.  :D

Firestorm

From IGN's hands on:

"The level of polish might fall short of what you'd expect from a top-tier game – murky textures and jittering character models means this is unlikely to be the measure of a Halo or Modern Warfare"

:'(

They do however mention the actual gameplay and feel of the game more than makes up for this.

Puks

I don't give a damn about the graphics. Gameplay is far more important.

G8RSG1

Bah! I'm borderline giddy at this point!!! I can't freakin wait for February!

Firestorm

Agreed.

Xhan

Quote from: Spaghetti on Oct 26, 2009, 08:41:27 PM
Is alien regeneration confirmed? It was stated in one of the previews but in another it says that marines and xenos have health packs. (Im guessing some people are confusing the species) I thought the were going with the eat-head-to-regain-health thing.

The headbite may have overcharge capabilities like last time. Jason already confirmed the chomp = most health thing way back in the CD:A interview. The other previewers may not have noticed the Alien regen, particularly since we see in the SP preview it's a bar as it used to be... which would make three health units for Aliens contradictory.

Spinnaz

Spinnaz

Quote from: Puks on Oct 26, 2009, 09:06:21 PM
Dear Lord, I sure hope not. See? This is why I hate consoles.  :D

Because that type of gameplay mechanic has SO MUCH to do with whether a game is on PC or on consoles.

::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed