"Film me I'm here! Film me! I'm here, film me! Come on do it now!"

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Oct 16, 2009, 11:08:33 PM

Author
"Film me I'm here! Film me! I'm here, film me! Come on do it now!" (Read 19,984 times)

severen76

I'd prefer if it was just done with. No more sequels at all.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Oct 19, 2009, 10:55:45 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2009, 10:53:18 PM
In which case I would say hell no. Good God, Resurrection was bad enough. If that was the starting point of the new film, I wouldn't bother watching it at all, in the theatre or otherwise.

So if not a prequel, and if not a sequel, then what? Would you mind if Cameron did, as he suggested in the past, ignore Alien 3 and 4, and just did his Alien 3?

What severen said; enough is enough.

SM

QuoteSo if not a prequel, and if not a sequel, then what?

Nothing.  Not a Goddamn thing.

MadassAlex

Even better:

What if Ridley Scott ignored everything but the first movie and gave the franchise a reboot?

As good as ALIENS was.

DoomRulz

A reboot means ignoring everything, not just select films. Chris Nolan didn't just ignore the Schumacher Batman films, he started from square one and ignored them along with the Burton when he gave us Batman Begins.

Pvt. Hicks

Weren't the lot of you excited for this thing?

Quote from: SM on Jul 31, 2009, 05:47:39 AM
I've always said that if they ever did another one I'd prefer if Riddles was in charge than anyone else.  I remain wary of the storyline, but heartened somewhat by the dude in charge.

I know said post I just quoted isn't oozing with excitement, but I could have sworn you all were pissing your pants over this news.

Make up your minds, yeah? Please? Please and thank you?

DoomRulz

I didn't go nuts. I was happy to hear Ridley was in charge, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid idea.

Mr. Domino

Well, I'm trying this really cool new idea that some of the kids have been throwing around. I'm waiting until the movie comes out, then I'm making a decision about whether it should have been made. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

SM

SM

QuoteI know said post I just quoted isn't oozing with excitement, but I could have sworn you all were pissing your pants over this news.

Make up your minds, yeah? Please? Please and thank you?

You answered your own question.  If you were in fact capable of reading AND comprehending at the same time - or even one after the other would do - you'd realise that minds have been made up for a long time, and since we've had no news since this hasn't changed, and your 'swearing' about us 'pissing our pants' was, predictably, probably just you.  Check your knickers for stains.

Kimarhi

I'll be seeing it.  I'm not excited for it, simply because I let myself be influenced by both the trailers for AvP and AvP 2 and they were utter shit.  The same for some of the games that followed AvP2.  Even the comic run ended in utter shit.

I still haven't heard for sure whether or not he's attached to direct Brave New World or not. 

SM

SM

He's attached to it along with Forever War, Red Riding, and The Kind One.  All after he gets done with Robin Hood.  It seems Alien is not a priority.

As for the prequel, as time passes I find myself less and less interested.  I'll probably still go see it - assuming it ever happens - but the end result isn't going to change my opinion of the existing films one iota.

Pvt. Hicks

No no, you were pretty pumped for it especially.

MadassAlex

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2009, 11:49:17 PM
A reboot means ignoring everything, not just select films. Chris Nolan didn't just ignore the Schumacher Batman films, he started from square one and ignored them along with the Burton when he gave us Batman Begins.

The Godzilla franchise has "rebooted" several times over the years. Each reboot has kept the first film as a starting point and gone in a different narrative direction.

SM

QuoteNo no, you were pretty pumped for it especially.

Then you best stop quoting me lest you continue to look like an idiot.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Oct 20, 2009, 01:33:04 AM
No no, you were pretty pumped for it especially.

You're going to tell him what was going on in his mind?

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 20, 2009, 01:33:31 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2009, 11:49:17 PM

The Godzilla franchise has "rebooted" several times over the years. Each reboot has kept the first film as a starting point and gone in a different narrative direction.

It was rebooted once, in 1985. The American film wasn't a reboot, it was simply an adaptation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed