Started by AlienĀ³, Sep 27, 2009, 07:52:32 PM

So which would you rather be...

Colonial Marine from Aliens
15 (46.9%)
Member of Dutch's squad
17 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Which would you rather be? #2 (Read 3,642 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes. Mac was the first one to do so after Anytime killed Blain. Dutch him again twice, once with an arrow from an explosion and then again with a spear throw.

SM

SM

Not a great hit-miss ratio then?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not really.

The Marines did well themselves, but only in the end. Most of the time it was them being owned like n00bs.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Yep. One or two rounds found it. To make that clear, there was a scene where the Predator dresses his wound and clamps it shut with his medical gear.

SM

SM

Yeah I think I remember a scene where Anna found some blood on a leaf or something too?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes, right after they mowed down half of Mexico.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Mhm.

Dutch sees it, too, hence the line: "If it bleeds, we can kill it"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Which is why I'd rather be on his team. I don't remember Apone saying something so blunt, yet intelligent.

P.S. He didn't see the blood. He was just responding to what Anna said.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I wouldn't unduly give Dutch credit for intelligence in that remark - it was an act of leadership more than anything.

As for comparing the badassery of the lines of Dutch's team to the badassery of the lines of Apone's squad, I think we know who wins out here. Dutch had some good (and really bad ones), but Apone's squad was full of incredible quips and one-liners.  ;D

SM

SM

QuoteI don't remember Apone saying something so blunt, yet intelligent.

"Nobody touch nuthin!"

Double negatives aside - couldn't be more blunt or intelligent.  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 20, 2009, 01:46:40 AM
I wouldn't unduly give Dutch credit for intelligence in that remark - it was an act of leadership more than anything.

As for comparing the badassery of the lines of Dutch's team to the badassery of the lines of Apone's squad, I think we know who wins out here. Dutch had some good (and really bad ones), but Apone's squad was full of incredible quips and one-liners.  ;D

I'd argue it's more even than anything else. It seems like most people quote Hudson, with a little bit of Hicks more than anyone else whereas people quote Dutch, Mac, Blain, Billy...hell, almost the entire squad. But in terms who was more influential in pop culture, I agree that Apone and his team take the cake.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
"No, have you?"

:D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
"You got time to duck?"

;D

Sorvos

Sorvos

Colonial Marines. Actually, it's better if the Alien headbites ( you won't feel much ) you rather than to be skinned alive.

SiL

SiL

Predator beats out Aliens in the memorable dialogue department by a landslide. Between "I ain't got time to bleed", "if it bleeds, we can kill it", "GET TO DA CHOPPAAAA" and "you're one ugly motherf**ker", Aliens has no chance.

Quote from: Sorvos on Oct 25, 2009, 09:40:31 AM
Actually, it's better if the Alien headbites ( you won't feel much )
Brett disagrees :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed