Alien Trilogy/Resurrection

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 20, 2009, 12:50:05 PM

Author
Alien Trilogy/Resurrection (Read 3,467 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Should I buy these games? I have never played an Alien/Predator game, but have a PS1.

Also, were there any other Alien/Predator PS1 games?

Friendly Wise

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 20, 2009, 12:50:05 PM
Should I buy these games? I have never played an Alien/Predator game, but have a PS1.

Also, were there any other Alien/Predator PS1 games?

Imo, I thought they were very entertaining games. As for other Alien/Predator games for the PS1, the majority of Alien/Predator games came out for the SNES and a couple other consoles. But you can download some of those games on your comp for free, like, Alien 3 SNES, Aliens Arcade, Aliens vs. Predator SNES, and I think a couple more.

Nightmare Asylum

I don't download too much on my computer, so I'll just keep an eye out for those two. Thanks.

Rebel-Blood

Rebel-Blood

no you shouldnt, trust me they are not good.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Depends on your level of diehardness.  Diehards are more likely to get a fix from them.

Personally I like both of them.  AT is a doom clone but has kickass soundtrack, Alien Res is actually scary.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Alien Trilogy is gameplay-wise very derivative of Doom. However, it very much has an Aliens feel to it, which means that unlike Doom, its actually scary. It's got great looking graphics for the time it came out, fantastic music that I still have on my iPod, and wonderful level design. The biggest drawback against Alien Trilogy is simply that its not as good as Resurrection.

Resurrection, however, is simply superb. If you cheat. I've never known anyone to be able to get over the blistering difficulty of Res and make it to the end without cheating, mostly due to the frustratingly bad controls. However, if you take some of the frustrating edge off of the difficulty, you'll find a brilliant experience. The alien AI is simply first rate, the scripted events are uniformly chilling, and the entire game has a wonderfully horrifying sense of claustrophobia that makes it just about the ideal Aliens experience imo.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I beat it on easy once without cheats.

It required alot of enemy placement knowledge.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, I wasn't even aware there were cheats for Alien Resurrection. I legitimately beat the game, although I had "help" in the form of the official Prima Strategy Guide I guess.

And yes, A:R is an awesome game. The controls are a bit hard to pick up, but once you get the hang of it the game is a blast.

Nightmare Asylum

I almost bought Trilogy today, but when I looked at the back of the disc, there was all candy or something stuck to it... :'(

Force

Force

unlucky dude! i brought off ebay a few years ago for a quid or something awesome lol. i love trilogy, great doom clone :D

ressurection is good too, really atmospheric and scary. love the genuine sounds of screaming and alien squeels as you're walking up to doors and stuff. Its actually more scary cause the controls are WHACK lol, and you'll be crapping yourself cause you wont be able to hit em..

SM

SM

The First Lady bought me a 2nd hand PS2 so I could finally play this bad boy.

After getting thoroughly lost I found I needed a PS1 memory card to save me game.  >:(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Haha, I learned the same exact lesson the hard way when I first got it. :P

SM

SM

f**ken Sony bloodsuckers...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I thought you lived somewhere in the Polynesian triangle.

Surely you can find a memory card for cheap quite easily.

SM

SM

Oh I can.  Cousin said he thinks he's got one I can have.  It's just annoying.  Like how when my PS2 carked it, the dude who tried to repair it suggested I get a PS3 which have just dropped in price.  Problem is I've got a buttload of PS2 games I want to play that won't work on a PS3.

DAMN YOU, SONYYYYYYYY!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed