AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009

Started by XenoVC, Jul 22, 2009, 09:05:36 AM

Author
AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009 (Read 126,655 times)

SM

SM

Looks like the marine on the right just opened the Ark of the Covenent.

SiL

SiL

I dunno, it looks like Machiko's netherparts have gone radioactive and his skin is melting off.

SM

SM

Where did you think the Ark was hidden anyway?

vikingspawn

The added logos & titles look nice on the covers:

;D

Mr. Domino

Yeah, frankly, its entirely worth buying this book just for Swanland's covers. However, there's still an irrational part of me that hopes that somehow the interiors are worthwhile as well... :-\

Corporal Hicks

You and me both buddy. A good story would be cool too.  :)

vikingspawn

I wonder if the Swanland cover is a wraparound cover art that includes that back.    ???

I might buy 2 if it does.  :o   8) 

SM

SM

Quote from: vikingspawn on Jan 10, 2010, 05:54:46 PM
The added logos & titles look nice on the covers:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3539/64369046.jpghttp://img6.imageshack.us/img6/84/17009477.jpg

;D

The one on the right would look decent if it weren't next to the one on the left.

Frog

I'm sorry, but it really is hard not to laugh when you see how cartoony the interiors are compared to those fu@k-awesome covers!  They just don't gel.

cloverfan98

Although I missed Aliens and Predator, I did get the first issue of AVP 3WW today!

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Well, I actually enjoyed issue 1 a lot more than I thought I would. The art is more or less suck, but we already knew that. If you can get past the absurdity of a 'renegade clan' (which, by Machiko's description at the end, really sounds like the Bad Bloods we've been introduced to in the past) controlling the Aliens, its a pretty good read, and it felt a lot more satisfying than any of the individual issues of the previous Aliens or Predator series did.

Spoiler
I especially loved them throwing Ellis in there, although it makes me wonder what Jess and Lara are up to 10 years later. Also, Its been too long since I've read Hunter's Planet, but it was obviously some sort of game preserve she had set up there...
[close]

EDIT: Also, Chris Warner mentions the Hunter Edition of the upcoming AVP game on the letters page, and it turns out that the hardcover graphic novel is only the material previously released as Aliens vs. Predator # 0, not the entire original AVP story (which is certainly the impression I got). Its still cool, just not perhaps as cool.

cloverfan98

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 14, 2010, 02:43:50 AM
Well, I actually enjoyed issue 1 a lot more than I thought I would. The art is more or less suck, but we already knew that. If you can get past the absurdity of a 'renegade clan' (which, by Machiko's description at the end, really sounds like the Bad Bloods we've been introduced to in the past) controlling the Aliens, its a pretty good read, and it felt a lot more satisfying than any of the individual issues of the previous Aliens or Predator series did.

Spoiler
I especially loved them throwing Ellis in there, although it makes me wonder what Jess and Lara are up to 10 years later. Also, Its been too long since I've read Hunter's Planet, but it was obviously some sort of game preserve she had set up there...
[close]

EDIT: Also, Chris Warner mentions the Hunter Edition of the upcoming AVP game on the letters page, and it turns out that the hardcover graphic novel is only the material previously released as Aliens vs. Predator # 0, not the entire original AVP story (which is certainly the impression I got). Its still cool, just not perhaps as cool.

I really enjoyed this issue as well. The only thing I didn't like was how short it was.

Frog

I agree.  I am not as excited now that I know it is just one issue instead of a the whole 1st graphic-novel.  Still if it is a fullsize book with dust-jacket it would be nice.  (but it may not be like that either)

brennan4

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Jan 14, 2010, 02:53:04 AM

Spoiler
[close]

I really enjoyed this issue as well. The only thing I didn't like was how short it was.
That can be the sign of a good comic, that you don't want it to end.....

Or lazy printing, either way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed