How about the prequel opens after A:R but after then goes to before ripley!

Started by The PredBen, Jun 28, 2009, 06:19:25 PM

Author
How about the prequel opens after A:R but after then goes to before ripley! (Read 2,923 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

the movie could open with Riply 8 looking through some files and finding info on the aliens , we cut from her to the main part of th film which is before Riply is alive. It centers on a crew who are assigned to meet E.T. life on a mysterious planet they go and meet the friendly aliens - Space Jockeys .... but then the aliens come and it all goes downhill and eventually into the most secret files of all time.

Undeadite

Interesting way of putting in Ripley 8, but I dont think it would work. Sort of has a Necronomicon feel to it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107664/

The PredBen

War Wager

Undeadite

It could happen. The only instances of Space Jockey intentions are in the EU, and even then they are pretty lame.

SM

I was mucking around with an idea for an Alien 5 years ago where Ripley8 would be studying the history of what happened between her death and resurrection, via Calls memory banks - though it would've been something of a twist at the end that Call was dead and we see her 'memory bank' plugged into a viewer cover in white blood.

Mind you it wouldn't have dealt with any events pre-Alien.

Undeadite

Well, it would be cool to have Ripley as a narrator.

Darwinsgirl

I like Predben's suggestion for having Ripley appear in the Prequel as an introduction to the events prior Alien.

But as long as Ripley 8 exists there is the threat someone would try to "clone" another Alien from her.  (Just as Arnold the Terminator melted himself so they couldn't get the technology from him in T2.)

I suppose she could be in constant hiding or some other scenario of her life since Rez? On her death bed?

Highland

I'm not sure about having Ripley in it at all, maybe as a voice over to give the fans a half fat at the start, but any kind of going over events will just be like an old "best of the 90's" CD, where youve heard it all before,  this time it's just in a neat little package with a shiney new lable.

The PredBen

What I am trying to do is having Riply as a cameo in the begining perhaps her looking oversome of the old USSM files. Then we can drift into a few years before Alien , that would be the main storyline , taking place there ... It can even lead up to Ashes instructions to bring back the Alien for Weyland - Yutani.

RoaryUK

Quote from: The PredBen on Jun 28, 2009, 06:19:25 PM
the movie could open with Riply 8 looking through some files and finding info on the aliens , we cut from her to the main part of th film which is before Riply is alive. It centers on a crew who are assigned to meet E.T. life on a mysterious planet they go and meet the friendly aliens - Space Jockeys .... but then the aliens come and it all goes downhill and eventually into the most secret files of all time.

SOME of that wouldn't be a bad idea actually.  I do think the main premise has to be the prequel, but some kind of proof to begin with that A:R really was the end of the Alien would help.  After the non explaination of Alien3 I just felt FOX were becoming lazy, deliberately leaving things open to question inevitably only left more questions.  Some questions (like the egg on the Sulaco) do need an answer of some sort to draw closure, that could be answered in a prequel.  However Im totally against any Space Jockey appearance, theres simply no need, a few more clues (like the Alien PYRAMID thing) would be ok, but this has to be a human story otherwise I just dont see how it could work.

SM

SM

The idea of an egg on the Sulaco isn't the problem - it's in the execution and detail.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

That idea is pretty stupid.  The film should just start off in the most innocuous way possible to maximize the horror later on.  Connecting it to later films would ruin that.  They should just do this film, and then use its success to let Cameron make another film with Ripley 8.  Problem solved.  Everyone is happy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed