Colonial Marines for DS

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 17, 2009, 09:30:47 AM

Author
Colonial Marines for DS (Read 16,405 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay so I'll sum it up for everyone. On the 26th of May footage of what was believed to be an unreleased version of Colonial Marines for the DS found its way onto YouTube. It was promptly taken down by Sega but it is available for viewing on GameVideos - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24797

The video featured three companies at the start of it. Sega (who currently publish the Alien games), Wayforward (who are a group that work exclusively on Nintendo games) and Gearbox who are working on the console games.

On the 15th of June Randy Pitchford confirmed that a DS version was real but not being developed by Gearbox. When asked about WayForward's involvement with Aliens DS, which the now-removed YouTube page claimed was cancelled, president Voldi Way Joystiq that "there was no project cancelled by Sega for any reason" and "the video was definitely not something we put out." http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59150

And now it's confirmed that the game is on it's way so I thought it was time for a thread.  :)

kvon17

kvon17

So... Who sings that song? Do you know?

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 18, 2009, 01:58:04 AM
So... Who sings that song? Do you know?

kvon17

kvon17

Ah.
More than one version. The DS vid was strictly Aliens where as the youtube is Aliens vs Predator. Nifty.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Looking at this game making me wonder if you will have to spam a button if a alien is on top of you, Just putting the peices together seems that way, Not complaining kinda cool. Also the DS version looks fantastic :P

predalien27

predalien27

Time to buy another DS (after I sold it to get a psp!!!) Where can i get this song?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I am hoping they release it as an arcade game on LIVE or as a short game for A:CM for X360, PS3 and PC.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

in the video footage it clearly shows the gearbox logo at the beggining... oh well  ???

anyhow i'm VERY excited with this game. almost as much as the original CM game. only problem is that it looks as though the graphic is quite awful. I wish it came out on psp to have a better graphics.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Its a 2D side sort of game, what do you expect Gears of War II played from a side angle. Plus maybe the DS game is also called Aliens: Colonial Marines and its just the DS variation of Gearbox's Aliens: Colonial Marines. When Halo was remade by Gearbox for the PC they still showed Bungie's logo.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

^

well i expect a better 2d graphic game with more pixels and what not. obviosly i wasnt expecting a 3d game. i just wished it would have been as good as metal slug 6.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Yes I feel the same way but we have NO idea at what point in development stage the game is at considering they have not made it "official" other than what Randy said.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Looking forward to this.

Gives me a reason to use my DS again,and looks to be a fun classic arcade style game.

predalien27

predalien27

Now that I look at it a second time, it does not look good.  It looks like one of the original arcade, 8-bit, and 16-bit consoles with crazy aliens, like a jockey alien!?!  Those games were alright but did not hold the actual feel to the alien franchise.  I'm also sick of every time someone fights a queen they HAVE to use a power loader. That was cool when Ripley did it but it is just...dull when I see elsewhere.  The only good job AVP did was kill the queen in another cool way.  I shouldnt critisize on a game that was even officially anounced, but we'll have to see what happens.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: predalien27 on Jul 06, 2009, 11:24:34 PM
It looks like one of the original arcade, 8-bit, and 16-bit consoles with crazy aliens, like a jockey alien!?!  T

That's the point.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: i_love_aliens on Jul 10, 2009, 06:57:49 AM
:) :( ??? im happy/sad/weird about wheather it should be on ds. with how horrifying aliens is. the graphics on ds are crap compared to the 360 and ps3. so if this game is going to climb the charts of best games, its not going to help with having it on ds!

LOL look at this dude profile he got banned with in an hour

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed