Anyone been in these clans...?

Started by [Alpha]Frost, Jun 11, 2009, 10:19:05 PM

Author
Anyone been in these clans...? (Read 1,723 times)

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

You never know who you'll bump into these days, so I thought I'd list some of the AVP2 clans I used to be in, to see if any other ex-members are out there. :P

Darkness Gods [DG] - From around 2002 - 2003.
I was 13 at the time, and as crazy as it sounds - leader of the marine division. My main stratagy was to recruit people with really cool names. :P

Deadly Outcasts -{DO}- Circa 2003.
Created by Omah, Viper, Quiksilver and Oxide after a large clan called |Violence| collapsed. We had an overrun server, and quite a lot of members. Forums were on the now dead boards.gamers.com

Dire Avengers [-T)A-] - 2002 - 2008.
Another big clan. Like Deadly Outcasts, it had its own overrun server and a forum on the boards.gamers.com website. I joined after Deadly Outcasts died due to all the leaders leaving at once. :P You might know such names as Jort, Entarus, Kegrider, Dean_p and Raze. I think we participated one of the leagues. We played a lot of matches as well, I used to organise them. ;D

[Alpha] - 1999 - 2009.
As far as I know Alpha's been around since 1999, and they played AVP:GE. I joined in 2008 I think, after [-T)A-] died. To list a few familiar names - Infamous Andy, Fyx, Nacht, ShyftedOne. We're now in a game called Team Fortress 2.

So... anyone out there? :P

Lone Warrior

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Jun 11, 2009, 10:19:05 PM
You never know who you'll bump into these days, so I thought I'd list some of the AVP2 clans I used to be in, to see if any other ex-members are out there. :P

Darkness Gods [DG] - From around 2002 - 2003.
I was 13 at the time, and as crazy as it sounds - leader of the marine division. My main stratagy was to recruit people with really cool names. :P

Deadly Outcasts -{DO}- Circa 2003.
Created by Omah, Viper, Quiksilver and Oxide after a large clan called |Violence| collapsed. We had an overrun server, and quite a lot of members. Forums were on the now dead boards.gamers.com

Dire Avengers [-T)A-] - 2002 - 2008.
Another big clan. Like Deadly Outcasts, it had its own overrun server and a forum on the boards.gamers.com website. I joined after Deadly Outcasts died due to all the leaders leaving at once. :P You might know such names as Jort, Entarus, Kegrider, Dean_p and Raze. I think we participated one of the leagues. We played a lot of matches as well, I used to organise them. ;D

[Alpha] - 1999 - 2009.
As far as I know Alpha's been around since 1999, and they played AVP:GE. I joined in 2008 I think, after [-T)A-] died. To list a few familiar names - Infamous Andy, Fyx, Nacht, ShyftedOne. We're now in a game called Team Fortress 2.

So... anyone out there? :P

I haven't been in Alpha but I know a few of their members, or well did on their Evac server. God great times on that server, I'm hoping you guys will have a similar one on AvP3 :D

Corporal Hicks

Ah. I used to play regularly on the Evac server during the height of AvP. Great bunch of guys and a fantastically run server.

Lone Warrior

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2009, 06:04:40 PM
Ah. I used to play regularly on the Evac server during the height of AvP. Great bunch of guys and a fantastically run server.

Yeah, what was your name on ther server? I might know you.

Most people knew me as Lone, God, or Evil Twin Zen :D. God I wont forget that night, 31st of October of 08, full Alpha evac server. Was by far the funnest time I've ever had on AvP2.

Corporal Hicks

Corpral Hicks back then. When I first joined the community I mis-spelt Corporal and decided to leave it that way until I started helping here.

Lone Warrior

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2009, 09:43:21 AM
Corpral Hicks back then. When I first joined the community I mis-spelt Corporal and decided to leave it that way until I started helping here.

Yeah I think I remember you in a few other servers. Maybe once in Alpha EVAC. Still, some good memories from that game, especiallly the server.

Private Hudson

I believe I saw a couple of Alpha people when I used to play.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

No. I've only been in the short lived AvPNews and X-LR clan for a brief time. After that, just went solo.

PhragbaiT

PhragbaiT

Dang, I was just browsing the net and stumbled upon AvP2, which was basically the first game I took seriously.

Reading and recognizing some names (lame clans and player names :P) really gives me a nostalgic feeling, heh.

I used to go by the name of [S.H.A.D.O.W] (<- SUPERLAME) at first and changed it to PhragbaiT afterwards which I kept until I stopped playing I think (can't quite remember). I played from the very beginning until 2002-2003 I believe. Don't think I ever got involved in a clan in a serious way but I do remember playing with most of them...

Dang... The memories o_O

I should probably find my copy of AvP2 and play it again, it might be due to good memories but this game was (and might still be) IMO one of the best shooters out there, due to its variety and complex balance (and forced teamplay, which actually works out).

Damn you for making me want to get back into AvP! lol

[Alpha]Frost

Evil Twin Zen :o!! Long time no see lol.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2009, 09:43:21 AM

Ah, I think I remember you from overrun. You occasionally joined, played as Drone and didn't talk too much, if I remember correctly?

PhragBaiT :O now that IS an old name. DIdn't you start up a clan called [PhragbaiT] as well? :P

Corporal Hicks

Nah. I played as Marine, Johnson (I loved the Pulse Rifle) and talked quite a lot.  ;D

PhragbaiT

PhragbaiT

Pffff, it's been so long I can hardly remember anything in specific. Besides having had loads of fun playing AvP2, looking back now I don't understand why I stopped playing it... (well, I can; stupid updates with queen/exo-suit, community dying, stupid expansion etc). Oh yeah, I remember quitting when people started crying about tapping the fire button quickly instead of holding it down constantly on a Pulse Rifle (can't even remember what they used to call it)...

What's the game like nowadays? Is it still played at all? Are the people/games still as fun?

Lone Warrior

Its called Stagger.

And the last time I played the game was on the night the Master Server shut down. It was by far the funnest time I have EVER had on AvP2 and thats how I intend to remember the game by. I might actually go back to playing it if I ever get around to installing AvP2 on my new computer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed