will we ever see a design that looks EXACKLY like this?

Started by xenomorph36, Jun 10, 2009, 11:19:19 AM

Author
will we ever see a design that looks EXACKLY like this? (Read 22,374 times)

xenomorph36

if it looks exackly like this it would be a dream come true. the first alien from A L I E N looked very goofy , so they should update the design to make it look more authentic/stylized.

Alien³

That is the first xenomorph from ALIEN, and it was never "goofy."

War Wager

What you call 'goofy' I call 'perfect'.

Uncanny Antman

Whaaa?  That is as close to the first film's Alien as you can get...except for the tail-in-hand thing, but that doesn't count. ;)

What is it you think you're seeing in ALIEN that you're not seeing in that pic?

TJ Doc

Yes, I am puzzled.

ShadowPred

SM

Definately a front runner for silliest thread...

The Necronoir

I don't think this is a silly post at all. That is a piece of concept art depicting the original alien, but we all know that the various props and suits used in the films never quite match up 100% with the intended vision. Look at any of the art depicting the ideal design in each film and you'll find myriad differences to the what was actually used.

Personally, I think that piece of artwork is perfect, and I definitely would like to see it transposed directly onto film.

SiL

Except that piece was done after the suit was made. The concept art of the suit itself never looked anything like that design. It wasn't done until it was, well, done.

xenomorph36

Quote from: The Necronoir on Jun 11, 2009, 09:32:00 AM
I don't think this is a silly post at all. That is a piece of concept art depicting the original alien, but we all know that the various props and suits used in the films never quite match up 100% with the intended vision. Look at any of the art depicting the ideal design in each film and you'll find myriad differences to the what was actually used.

Personally, I think that piece of artwork is perfect, and I definitely would like to see it transposed directly onto film.

exackly what i was saying. my english was little short so i couldnt word it properly. thanx  :)

xenomorph36

i know this is just a toy but i couldn't find a good example. I'm sure it was slightly better looking than this in the movie but it looked like a man in a suit. So if the movie comes out in the near future, it would be neat to keep the design but make it more stylized like the art work so it matches today's standards.

SiL

It would still look like a man in a suit.

Because it is.

Technology's not going to change that, it's just the nature of the design. All anyone can do is make it less obvious, which Alien did up until they showed it full-body being blown out the shuttle.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

^ well not really. they should make it extremely skinny like the art work(the above picture looks too bulky and thick). also the artwork seems to have a metalic feel to it. Instead of making it's skin color pitch black why not use chrome silverblack? There are a lot of things you could update on the design to match the artwork.

Also if there is a need for a shot of the full body of the alien , instead of having man on a suit why not portray it with computer graphic? Strause brothers failed to achieve to make a realistic looking alien with a man in a suit.

Uncanny Antman

Yeah, just make the Alien CG.  That has worked out pretty well thus far.

Wait, nearly forgot:   ::)

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 11, 2009, 12:12:36 PM
Yeah, just make the Alien CG.  That has worked out pretty well thus far.

Wait, nearly forgot:   ::)

I for one would rather have the costuming...the modeling..the puppetry then CGI. Imo there's a "realism" that CGI cannot capture. It may not be perfection but its really there ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed