Is anyone with me when I say...

Started by Alien³, Jun 07, 2009, 10:17:05 AM

Author
Is anyone with me when I say... (Read 10,500 times)

Master

Master

I don't want bullshit of humans decoding Jockey language and such. I don't want to know from where they came from. I want to feel that we are not alone and that some things in space were left alone for a reason. And that realy horrible secrets can be found in its endless bowels.

Übermensch

The coolest depiction of aliens was the black monolith from 2001 and that was just a black rectangle.

The PredBen

No , This is the only logical place to go. We can't have another setting aboard a ship and a crew to be terriozied worked with Aliens  , lets not bother with this. As for Ripley ... who knows she deserves a cameo when the aliens origins are found out!! :)

The PredBen

Right?????

SM

SM

QuoteI don't want bullshit of humans decoding Jockey language and such.

They already did that in Alien.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP!!!!!

Oh snap?

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2009, 10:18:42 PM
QuoteI don't want bullshit of humans decoding Jockey language and such.

They already did that in Alien.

Enough to communicate or understand them well enough? They knew it was a beacon and assumed it was an S.O.S. b/c of it's repetition. Through further analysis Ripley began to hypothesize that it was a warning but they never did translate it word for word.

SM

SM

The Company would've before they sent the Nostromo to check it out.  ECIU deciphered enough of it in a matter of hours, to discern it was a warning.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 08, 2009, 10:02:57 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 08, 2009, 03:50:46 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 07, 2009, 11:51:59 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 07, 2009, 11:18:17 PM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 07, 2009, 01:22:10 PM
If they insist on delving more into the mythos, I would rather it be just as vague and unclear as it was in Alien. Basically only giving us a small taste, but not a complete picture. I'd rather them not completely reveal everything about the creature.

Well one of Ridley's complaints about the AvP's was that they revealed the creature too much.
That's what Aliens did though.
You have to ask yourself what they didn't reveal in that movie. They did show us the creature much more, they did show us how they operate in groups and they even showed us how the eggs are being produced with the queen and all.

We're not talking about Aliens, which was a good movie anyway.

...What does that have to do with his point?

Uhhhh...uhh......uhhh.......that Aliens did a better job at "showing the creatures too much" then AvP and AvP:R?? Yeah?

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 09, 2009, 12:08:27 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Jun 08, 2009, 10:02:57 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 08, 2009, 03:50:46 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 07, 2009, 11:51:59 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 07, 2009, 11:18:17 PM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 07, 2009, 01:22:10 PM
If they insist on delving more into the mythos, I would rather it be just as vague and unclear as it was in Alien. Basically only giving us a small taste, but not a complete picture. I'd rather them not completely reveal everything about the creature.

Well one of Ridley's complaints about the AvP's was that they revealed the creature too much.
That's what Aliens did though.
You have to ask yourself what they didn't reveal in that movie. They did show us the creature much more, they did show us how they operate in groups and they even showed us how the eggs are being produced with the queen and all.

We're not talking about Aliens, which was a good movie anyway.

...What does that have to do with his point?

Uhhhh...uhh......uhhh.......that Aliens did a better job at "showing the creatures too much" then AvP and AvP:R?? Yeah?

Heh, regardless, the film still revealed them a lot... which was his point. But yeah, it sure as hell did a better job at it than those films did. :D

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Mhm...

xxxPREDBUGxxx

xxxPREDBUGxxx

I agree, man. They had better keep the reveals on the D.L. ALIEN is not ALIEN without, like 50 misteries!!! But I would like to see how all of those ALIEN eggs got into that chamber. There had to be a QUEEN in there at one point. I would like to see that. ;D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Forgive my newbyness, but on that note, where did the Hadley's Hope Queen come from? I guess it came from one of the eggs on the Derelict, but I had always wondered if that Queen was always down there (I dunno, maybe hibernating  ???). Even when Kane went down the hatch.  :-[

SM

SM

According to Cambo's backstory it came from one fo the Derelict eggs.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I see... but who is Cambo?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed