Retconning the last three?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jun 05, 2009, 07:18:34 PM

Author
Retconning the last three? (Read 9,051 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 05, 2009, 10:37:33 PM
Yeah, stick it to the man!

Bro, don't be delusional. Predators is happening. And the script that Rodriguez wrote when he was just starting out in the business isn't being used. Maybe a couple of cool little ideas, trinkets, and the setting are being used, but everything else is changed.

And yeah, we all have our own opinions. I think the AvP movies suck, you dig those things. Cool. I guess we're straight on that.

No, I'm not delusional. I'm just pissed. Really, really pissed about this new movie.

So far I have not heard about any script changes. If so, where is the proof?

I'd honestly like to see it.

-Rakai'Thwei

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 05, 2009, 10:39:29 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 05, 2009, 10:37:33 PM
Yeah, stick it to the man!

Bro, don't be delusional. Predators is happening. And the script that Rodriguez wrote when he was just starting out in the business isn't being used. Maybe a couple of cool little ideas, trinkets, and the setting are being used, but everything else is changed.

And yeah, we all have our own opinions. I think the AvP movies suck, you dig those things. Cool. I guess we're straight on that.

No, I'm not delusional. I'm just pissed. Really, really pissed about this new movie.

So far I have not heard about any script changes. If so, where is the proof?

I'd honestly like to see it.

-Rakai'Thwei

http://www.moviehole.net/200919363-exclusive-dutch-asked-back-for-predators

"The script is terrific... I hear. It's partly the old Predators script Rodriguez did, but mostly new stuff by [Alex] Litvak. And it's violent – like the original. Everybody here at [name removed] has pointed out how much better it is than [Paul W.S] Anderson's abomination. Doesn't sound like there's any reason to worry".

SiL

SiL

Saying it's an "official sequel" just means it's not a remake or a reboot, it's Predator 3...

Master

Master

I will defend P2. It is a great film and great sequel which happens very rarely.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jun 05, 2009, 10:42:52 PM
Saying it's an "official sequel" just means it's not a remake or a reboot, it's Predator 3...

A few people really cannot understand that for some reason. This is Predator 3.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 05, 2009, 10:42:30 PM

http://www.moviehole.net/200919363-exclusive-dutch-asked-back-for-predators

"The script is terrific... I hear. It's partly the old Predators script Rodriguez did, but mostly new stuff by [Alex] Litvak. And it's violent – like the original. Everybody here at [name removed] has pointed out how much better it is than [Paul W.S] Anderson's abomination. Doesn't sound like there's any reason to worry".

And what has me worried is that their using some elements from Rodriguez's old script. What is being used, they're not saying and that is what has me so pessimistic and scared about this movie.

How do we know they're not using the whole planet thing, or the slavery thing, or the trading humans for technology thing?

And humans beating Predators in hand to hand combat? ......Oh God. I hope they don't use that.

-Rakai'Thwei

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

The script was written for fun. It was written for fun.

I take it you didn't read what I italicized and underlined?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 05, 2009, 11:08:58 PM

Of course I read that, and it's public knowledge he wrote it for shits and giggles.

...Look... I'm just mad right now, and I'm very pessimistic about this movie. I honestly am. As for this Alex Litvak, what movies did he do?

-Rakai'Thwei

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 05, 2009, 11:13:06 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 05, 2009, 11:08:58 PM

Of course I read that, and it's public knowledge he wrote it for shits and giggles.

...Look... I'm just mad right now, and I'm very pessimistic about this movie. I honestly am. As for this Alex Litvak, what movies did he do?

-Rakai'Thwei

So you read it, why are you still mad? Why am I still responding to these replies?

P.S. How the hell do you like AvP and AvP2, but get your briefs in a bunch with this movie? If you're pissed about this movie, you should be crucifying the Strauses and Anderson. It truly, truly, truly, from the bottom of my heart, confuses the ever-loving shit out of me.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 06, 2009, 12:07:36 AM
So you read it, why are you still mad? Why am I still responding to these replies?

P.S. How the hell do you like AvP and AvP2, but get your briefs in a bunch with this movie? If you're pissed about this movie, you should be crucifying the Strauses and Anderson. It truly, truly, truly, from the bottom of my heart, confuses the ever-loving shit out of me.

I'm calming the hell down now, so I'll respond to your inquiery. Mm'kay?

I'm not as mad as I used to be an hour ago, it's just that we don't know what elements from Rodriguez's script they're using. They haven't given us any details, and why should they? I'm just very pessimistic about the film because what if they use some of the wrong ideas such as the trading for technology, concentration camp, the planet, and the whole idea of a human killing a Predator in hand to hand combat. Thats why I'm so pessimistic about it.

As as to why I enjoy the AvP films? I'll be more than happy to tell you.

1) I'm entitled to like them, as you are entitled to dislike them.

2) I grew up with the original Alien and Predator films, and I didn't believe we were ever going to get an Alien vs Predator film. I've been a fan of the creatures since I was six years old when Kenner released the Alien vs Predator figures with the little mini-comics. Over the years, I began to collect the comics from the original to the crossovers. It wasn't until I read the novels from Steve Perry that I became further enthralled with the creatures. With the novels we got to see a point of view from the Predators, and how they saw things around them differently than what we do. The novels gave the Predators more character, despite what others are saying on how they were humanized. I don't believe they were humanized, but personified. They were given their own personalities, and thats what I liked rather than the idea of them being psychotic killing machines from outerspace. They introduced readers to the idea as to WHY they hunt, and their culture.

So I grew up with the novels and enjoyed them for what they were. When Paul W.S. Anderson made AvP, I was more than happy because for one-- it was a film with Alien and Predator, fighting each other, something I never thought I was going to live to see. And two, Anderson borrowed his concepts from the novels and comics, which I happened to enjoy and seeing those elements on film and made canon made me rather happy and I grew to enjoy the films.

I don't care for human characters. I just want to see the two beloved creatures fight each other on screen.

.....That answer enough for ya?

-Rakai'Thwei

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Cant see how this movie is retconning Predator 2 because Rodriguez hates it or something, Predator 2 barely even mentioned the proceedings of the first movie, it was stand alone, don't see a reason why this one shouldn't go down the same route.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 06, 2009, 12:28:18 AM
Cant see how this movie is retconning Predator 2 because Rodriguez hates it or something, Predator 2 barely even mentioned the proceedings of the first movie, it was stand alone, don't see a reason why this one shouldn't go down the same route.

I don't mind stand alones, really I don't. What I don't want to see is the abandonment of the whole honor concept and what was established in the previous movies.

-Rakai'Thwei

Aeus

Aeus

I do.  :)

SiL

SiL

Namely because it wasn't established in the movies.

There is nothing honourable about sniping someone in the back.

From a tree.

75 yards away.

While invisible.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Jun 06, 2009, 01:42:44 AM
Namely because it wasn't established in the movies.

There is nothing honourable about sniping someone in the back.

From a tree.

75 yards away.

While invisible.

The same thing could be said about a midevial knight in the battle field. They fought dirty. When off the battlefield, they were rather quite chivalrious to others.

However, the honor concept is shared only amongst Predators, or those that they deem worthy to share that honor with-- for example, Harrigan and Lex.

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed