Danny Glover on Predators

Started by Darkness, May 29, 2009, 04:35:32 PM

Author
Danny Glover on Predators (Read 6,359 times)

Darkness

Darkness

This doesn't really qualify as news, really. Danny Glover was asked about the new Predators movie. He says he's not interested in making any cameo appearances.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/cannes-2009-danny-glover-talks-predator-3

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Well, Predator movies aren't the kind of movies that follows a character on the next movie anyway, and i think it works good that way.
Every new chapter has its own unique characters and heroes that makes them more stand alone movies and i like it that way.

And to speak frankly here, i like Glover allot, but he is too old for this kind of movie, he really is.

Darkness

Darkness

Well, yeah, he's in his 60s now. But the same can be said for Arnie too.

Vulhala

Vulhala

That's tru. But a cameo is always welcome! Even if it's a quick nod like Arnie did in Welcome to the Jungle. Literally like 5 seconds of screen time  :)

EEV2650

EEV2650

Danny Glover is so old now. Whenever he talks in this clip he sounds and looks just like this janitor who works in the office.

War Wager

War Wager

To hell with all this 'he's too old'. Look at Sly and Harrison Ford.

EEV2650

EEV2650

I'm sure he'd look fine in a movie but when you see him off screen he looks old and decrepit

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Darkness on May 29, 2009, 05:33:38 PM
Well, yeah, he's in his 60s now. But the same can be said for Arnie too.
Hence why i never said that i want Arnie for another sequel.

But that has nothing to do with his age alone, look at sly, hes in his 60s too but he still delivers like no other.
He's still in shape, Arnie and Glover aren't, they moved on.

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't mind. I'm not a fan of cameos, as half the time they don't work out. But at least Glover's not one of these actors who denounces their film or the fanbase years later.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I think he'd ruin Predators. simply because when he talked he sounded so old. I thought he'd be like an old timer capable but old , no he looks so old unable to do much anymore. I still love glovers acting skills ... free cheers for Danny Glover!

The Ultimate Predator

Seems like a nice guy. Seeing that, gives me more faith in what the plan on doing, it appears they have to move on.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Danny Glover....you can't even understand the man in movies anymore, go watch Shooter and you tell me if you can understand a word that man mouths off, because I sure as hell didn't.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 29, 2009, 11:30:38 PM
Danny Glover....you can't even understand the man in movies anymore, go watch Shooter and you tell me if you can understand a word that man mouths off, because I sure as hell didn't.
I could understand every word

Maybe you have to get yourself the right centre speaker.

I have this one.
http://images.freemarket.kiev.ua/images_goods/Yamaha/Yamaha-NS-C515-.jpg

Übermensch

Übermensch

He's pretty cool, Danny Glover, but yes way too old to do it again and even he agrees he's done his stint and now he's moved on.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 29, 2009, 11:30:38 PM

I totally agree with you, when i saw him talk and also the way he walks with his arms by his side , i thought he may have been victim of a stroke , or some sort of serious health set back. I'm not sure if this is the case, but not many other actors grow older and change their voice so dramatically. ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed