Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 27,598 times)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

All I can say is, why?

If a product is not wanted by the consumer, why make and sell it, FOX has no logic.

SM

SM

How do you know it's not wanted?  When Star Trek Enterprise ended, the public didn't want Star Trek either.  Now the new film is heading for $300m in box office.

We in general may not want it - but we only make up a very small percentage of punters.  We can appreciate the pacing of Alien or Aliens.  Short attention spans want something faster with big explosions that make the camera shake arond a lot.

Hart

Hart

The only way I can see a prequel working is one that's before Aliens, not Alien. You know, when Ripley is in cybersleep for like 50 years or something. Maybe when the colonists first come to LV-426, they get attacked by aliens but the company covers it up so they can keep all the money they make from the colony, when the attacks die down?

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Hart on May 28, 2009, 11:41:28 AM
The only way I can see a prequel working is one that's before Aliens, not Alien. You know, when Ripley is in cybersleep for like 50 years or something. Maybe when the colonists first come to LV-426, they get attacked by aliens but the company covers it up so they can keep all the money they make from the colony, when the attacks die down?

I'd be interested in seeing that.

SM

SM

The only way that'd work if it was set between the Jordens finding the Derelict and the marines showing up.  Which is redundant anyway.

If it was to work within the continuity, it'd have to be totally isolated from the continuity.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I have a bad feeling about this.

Still, a 'prequel reboot' would be interesting.

Dusk

Dusk

If they do this, hopefully the Alien will get it's full biomechanical look back.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

wow all I need is more newborns and half assed acting great job fox ;D /sarcassm

vehtam

vehtam

oh f**k, now that's just wonderful. and i bet adi will once again be hired for monster effects adn most propably use their molds from avp or avp:r, just f**king great  :'( >:( :'(  >:(

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

God damn it...

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

I don't know how i feel about this! But it would be interesting to see how the alien came into being and how the aliens got on the space jockey ship.....................  just please use Gigers alien design.

Hart

Hart

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2009, 11:47:01 AM
The only way that'd work if it was set between the Jordens finding the Derelict and the marines showing up.  Which is redundant anyway.

If it was to work within the continuity, it'd have to be totally isolated from the continuity.

No it could work when the colonists first get there. When the guy who takes Ripleys pilot licence at the start says "They've been living there for years, no aliens" or something similar, he could be lying. The Company could have covered it all up so people don't get scared of the concept of "Shake N Bake" colonies.

I reckon that's a good story right there.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Master

Master

f**k! I hate remakes! Why not make a spin off? Remakeing alien is like remaking Star wars. It just can't work and anyone who see new trilogy admitt that.

Scree

Scree

...and it's gonna be PG-13  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed