Started by friendlyskies, May 22, 2009, 05:53:21 PM

Author
Aliens Epilogue (Read 69,189 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 19, 2012, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 19, 2012, 01:32:25 PM
I'm not really a fan of Alien epilogue.
Props are awesome but cinematography is totally absent.
And Cinematography is the most important since even non-paid film can looks really beautiful.

i agree. i found lots of moments in which i thought "this could use a low angle or a continuous sequence", that shouldn't happen.

Once again, the curse of the fan film where you have one person fulfilling half a dozen different functions.  Stuff gets neglected.  This Star Wars thing I'm still working on had a dedicated DP, and the shot selection is still very mundane.  Frustratingly so.  There were some restraints working with green screens, and they did get some different angles for one or two shots, but all in all I end up working over time trying to spice things up in post with little success.  Oddly enough, one of the few scenes they took the camera off the the tripod and had it circling the two actors - crew and equipment are visible!!

Hudson

Hudson

QuoteOddly enough, one of the few scenes they took the camera off the the tripod and had it circling the two actors - crew and equipment are visible!!

That's...uh...a pretty big oversight.

SM

SM

Every f**king take and all.

Had digitally comp in rocks in the background to hide them.  >:(

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

As you pointed out SM, there were flaws but it is arguably one of the best alien fanfilm i have seen yet, dead end was also quite good but that was not strictly an alien fanfilm. The creators should use this as a stepping stone for another alien fanfilm project where they can refine it more.

SM

SM

Better to use it as a stepping stone to make something original.

Terx2

Terx2

I enjoyed it. Looks real good. There voices were hard to hear on my computer and the cg was a average but a nice fan film :)

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

Among the many things I loved, I liked how on the wall on clocks there was one for Gateway.

A minor complaint, why do the Triotech guys have their logo on their uniform when they're stealing things from a facility with security cameras?

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Maybe they were going to blow the place up afterwards which means no evidence.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I think it was pretty damn good for being a fan-made film. Of course the acting is going to be cheesy and the sceneries are going to be lacking, but the costumes, guns and even the CGI was pretty sweet. I think the "story" was a-ok too.

Tex

Tex

Liked it, but as the others have pointed out it IS a fan film. So there are gonna be fall downs.
But it was awesome loved the attention to detail with the props. SPOT ON!

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Tex on May 14, 2012, 09:27:17 AM
Liked it, but as the others have pointed out it IS a fan film. So there are gonna be fall downs.
But it was awesome loved the attention to detail with the props. SPOT ON!

That's because I think most were from the Harris collection.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Most actually belonged to the actors in the film. They were UKCM guys.

Also, I've got 4 copies of this movie signed by Trevor to give away soon.

Also: "There will be a number of DVD's of the film available at the London Comic Con on Saturday 7th July. Just come and find us and tell us when Aliens Epilogue starting filming to claim your free copy (whilst stock last). You'll be looking for me (Darren) who played Sgt Kemp in the film, so if you've seen the film you'll know who to look for and if you haven't then check it now on Youtube @ http://youtu.be/-4w6rtvid6I?hd=1 and feel free to share the link around. :)"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aliens-Epilogue/352696661466

Tex

Tex

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2012, 09:55:27 AM
Most actually belonged to the actors in the film. They were UKCM guys.

Also, I've got 4 copies of this movie signed by Trevor to give away soon.

Also: "There will be a number of DVD's of the film available at the London Comic Con on Saturday 7th July. Just come and find us and tell us when Aliens Epilogue starting filming to claim your free copy (whilst stock last). You'll be looking for me (Darren) who played Sgt Kemp in the film, so if you've seen the film you'll know who to look for and if you haven't then check it now on Youtube @ http://youtu.be/-4w6rtvid6I?hd=1 and feel free to share the link around. :)"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aliens-Epilogue/352696661466

Good job mate, It's a bit far to travel from NZ to there though :( otherwise I would travel England to get there you guys did a fantastic job of it.

friendlyskies

friendlyskies

Hi

Thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate the feed back.

Aaron is right about the props. They were all owned by the various people in the film. There were no "original" props used here. I'm pretty sure even if I'd asked Harry the answer would have been no, those things have a "substantial dollar value attached to them" after all lol. I think I'd have been nervous as hell filming with anything from the original film anyway in case I broke something.

As mentioned above, there will be copies available, for free, at the London Comic Con on the Saturday. For those further too far away, Aaron has some to give away.

Cheers

Darren

Elicas

Elicas

Watched it this evening with the wife. I find it amusing how while the acting and SFX obviously wern't the best available, the project still managed to have more 'heart' than A:R, AvP and AvP:R put together.

Would love to see more, I enjoyed this more than I enjoyed Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed