Aliens Epilogue

Started by friendlyskies, May 22, 2009, 05:53:21 PM

Author
Aliens Epilogue (Read 69,219 times)

SpaceMarines

Fantastic. Loved all the little references to the films. I think my favourite was the "In the pipe, 5 by 5" one, and the ensuing exchange of dialogue. The CGI was really well done, too.

Just great. Glad this has finally been released. This deserves a spot on the newsfeed.

Hudson

Hudson

I was really impressed by the visuals and really liked the use of some classic props. Let me rephrase that actually: The visuals in this were friggin' amazing! One thing I would've liked more of was the Alien 3 "special forces" characters at the end though. We didn't see much of them in Alien 3 and we saw even less of them here! More of that would've been stellar.

Also, another thing I have to say is that if anyone remembers the fan film "S.E.E.D" a while back then they have to remember that its sound was absolutely awful, at least the version that I saw. Some of the characters were completely inaudible/incomprehensible. This was much better, much more consistent. I think there was still kind of a lack of foley recording and there should've been ADR, but it still sounded miles better than S.E.E.D, which constantly patted itself on the back for being of professional quality.

Great job to the filmmakers and congratulations on the release!

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

it's like watching a full feature cutscene of the 1999 AvP... neat.

outstanding work!

Vepariga

Vepariga

That was great,nice job! Would have liked to have seen the Weyland Commando's get some action but overall enjoyable.  :)

Nightmare Asylum

That was really cool! Great job!

Hudson

Hudson

MUCH better than S.E.E.D.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

This was very well done. I really want a PR now.

SM

SM

Just watched this over on AXP, so copying and pasting.

It suffers from the problems that plague every fan film.  Script needed a good edit to reduce the exposition and stuff lifted straight from Aliens (even taking the 'You know you don't need to say all that' gag into account), editing needed to be a lot tighter, acting from people who aren't actors.

But that said, the main characters (ie. the marines) all had a goofy charm - especially Kemp.  The CGI was generally pretty good, particularly Gateway.  But what made this not only the best Alien fan film, but one of the best fan films of any franchise - is the costumes and the hardware.  All first class.

Very enjoyable overall.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

That was neat. I like the attention to detail, how much of it looked authentic, mainly the uniforms and weapons. I also liked how the story connected to Aliens/Alien 3. Overall a good fan film.

Prime113

Prime113

Very nice. I really enjoyed that. I also really liked how the connected Aliens with Alien3 and that it didn't have a happy ending, but the last two Marines did go out firing at least.

SM

SM

I thought the attempt to connect Aliens and Alien3 was the probably weakest aspect.

But it was kinda the point and they did put it on front street, so can't complain too loud.

That bit when the dude shoots the lab technician accidently. "Aw bollocks!"  :laugh:

Headbite

Headbite

I've been waiting for this since I heard about it and I was not disappointed. Great story, great props, and good humor when needed; I especially liked the convo about Hudson's armor. The only thing that I could say that might have needed work was the acting; good lines, but a little too dry on delivery. But all-in-all, a great fan film, excellent work!

Jango1201

Jango1201

Certainly a worthy fan film indeed. My only gripe was the acting, very band and no motivation. CGI was the best I've seen in a fan film, and the effects were all blended nicely. Over all I give this one a 8 out of 10. If the acting had a been a bit more convincing, I would have enjoyed it alot more.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2012, 05:00:05 AM
I thought the attempt to connect Aliens and Alien3 was the probably weakest aspect.

But it was kinda the point and they did put it on front street, so can't complain too loud.

That bit when the dude shoots the lab technician accidently. "Aw bollocks!"  :laugh:

I think I enjoyed more on a...nostalgia level than a technical one.  :)

Yeah, I laughed at that bit too. I  :laugh: a bit at some of the Sarge's lines to. "You have the grip of a f**king 12 year old girl."  :laugh:

Kol

Kol

what i didn't like where the speed of the cgi models. the antenna rotates too fast and some of the ships (dropship and those ships @ gateway-station) just moves too fast.

but i enjoyed it. it was good, for a fan film.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed