What if.....

Started by Highland, May 18, 2009, 09:09:10 AM

Author
What if..... (Read 12,400 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SM on May 21, 2009, 10:30:21 AM
Hardly.  Since SiL is a pretty big Predator fan.  Of the film at least, if not the monster.

I don't know where the moral and ethical complexity comes into it.  Just because it spares some people and doesn't kill everything in site isn't terribly complex.  Just gives it parallels to human hunters, thereby making it less alen.
So, what does the alien do?
It kills for its survival, thats exactly what every other animal does on our planet, making it even less complex then humans killing other animals for sport and for pleasure.

You cant get more basic then that.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Aeus on May 21, 2009, 09:39:17 AM
That's bullshit. Sure it isn't as complex as the Alien, but it comes close. Technologically complex, morally and ethically complex to list some. I mean Jesus Chirst, simplifying an intergalactic sadistic hunter with incredibly advanced technology into "a man with a funny face" is nothing more than you fanwanking off to the Alien.

And atleast the predator doesn't have his head the shape of a man's dick.

Gates

Gates

^Small penis complex...

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predboy on May 21, 2009, 03:26:43 PM
And atleast the predator doesn't have his head the shape of a man's dick...
...with parts of an old Rolce Royce darned up its ass.

Gates

Gates

That's one freaky cucaracha..!

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SM on May 21, 2009, 10:30:21 AM
Hardly.  Since SiL is a pretty big Predator fan.  Of the film at least, if not the monster.

And I'm an Alien fan as well as a Predator fan, both film and creature.

I don't know where the moral and ethical complexity comes into it.  Just because it spares some people and doesn't kill everything in site isn't terribly complex.  Just gives it parallels to human hunters, thereby making it less alen.

It sadistically kills highly advanced creatures for nothing more than it's own pleasure. Morally and ethically it's only comparable to a psychopath. It's hardly something that's easy to understand or relate to.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I didn't think the Predator movie was dumb , I was stating that its action made the movie. Anyway I do not know , Predator is a classic but unlike alien , which has a whole classic series , due to the amount and badness of sequels... that film alone is a classic.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on May 21, 2009, 09:39:17 AM
That's bullshit.
Hardly.

QuoteIt sadistically kills highly advanced creatures for nothing more than it's own pleasure. Morally and ethically it's only comparable to a psychopath. It's hardly something that's easy to understand or relate to.
We're not highly advanced to them, though. That's the point. They're ManPlus. They're us, but bigger, stronger, tougher, faster, smarter, older. We'd only liken them to psychopaths because they're doing this stuff to us, and we're pretty full of ourselves. But to them it's no worse than hunting deer, except the deer's got a gun.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 21, 2009, 03:09:56 PM
It kills for its survival, thats exactly what every other animal does on our planet, making it even less complex then humans killing other animals for sport and for pleasure.
This is why I added the caveat of talking about the Alien in the first movie, because its actions were alien. It wasn't just acting for survival, or for reproduction. It was just acting.

Quote from: Predboy on May 21, 2009, 03:26:43 PM
And atleast the predator doesn't have his head the shape of a man's dick.
Aaand thanks for the display of the typical maturity level of a Pred fanboy. Credit to your peers, mate.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWe'd only liken them to psychopaths because they're doing this stuff to us, and we're pretty full of ourselves. But to them it's no worse than hunting deer, except the deer's got a gun.
It doesn't matter if to them its normal to slaughter human kind for their pleasure.
If a crazy man slaughters his family or makes an amok run and he thinks its such a normal thing that doesn't makes him a psychopath anymore?
Hardly.

QuoteThis is why I added the caveat of talking about the Alien in the first movie, because its actions were alien. It wasn't just acting for survival, or for reproduction. It was just acting.
Of course it was killing for its survival. Not in a single scene the Alien was attacking the crew members, it was always the crew that came to the alien with flamethrowers to either kill it or to get it out of the airlock, what it did in reaction was shown in the movie.
Your dog can be the cutest and most harmless thing in the world, if you do something that it doesn't know or it has the feeling that you might hurt it it will bite you. Same with Lions, elephants or any other species on this planet. Its a basic thing and it cant get more simple then that.

QuoteAaand thanks for the display of the typical maturity level of a Pred fanboy. Credit to your peers, mate.
I'm not seeing how its immature to point out that the Alien's head looks like a penis, because that's what it ultimately looks like and was intended that way. if anything, that should make you happy as a fan that people start to notice the sexual overtones that Giger and Scott intended.

But its much easier to respond with a standart and lame "ohh pred fanboys" answer then actually giving an argument right.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Agreed Johnny , but the whole point of Predators was to make us , the hunted , well it was. Also if a man goes and kills an elephant during hunting season he's seen possibly as normal. But if he shot a man for no reason , he's evil. The fact is , is that the Predators are psychopaths , but still then so are we. We are argue that we are sapient and that even if a species is smarter then us , if it kills a human , its murder. but what if they are evolved so much further then us , they see us as animals and animals as bugs. they might regard we are sapient but they might be sapient to the 20Th power and not view anything under sapient to the 10Th power as near intelligent. Still slaughtering anything that is intelligent is still evil and I agree that unlike the alien , the Predator is truly killing for fun for the challenge , thus the more evil creature.

SM

SM

QuoteSo, what does the alien do?

You cant get more basic then that.

Hook, line and sinker.

Thank you for your continued irrelevance.

QuoteI didn't think the Predator movie was dumb , I was stating that its action made the movie

You said it was "dumb fun".  I don't really remember anything about Predator dumb, and I'm not even really a fan.  It's a very well made action film, as far as I'm concerned.

QuoteI'm not seeing how its immature to point out that the Alien's head looks like a penis

It was a lame attempt to say "alien fanz r fagz cos they liek thing dat look liek mens dickz."

(As opposed to womens dicks of course)

Hardly surprising that you wouldn't see something like that as immature.  Defending a f**ktarded post like "And atleast the predator doesn't have his head the shape of a man's dick" with "But its much easier to respond with a standart and lame "ohh pred fanboys" answer then actually giving an argument right" is right up your alley.  Especially when there is no argument to give to such inanity.  Go you.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteHook, line and sinker.

Thank you for your continued irrelevance.
Thank you for showing us again that you cant post anything usefull into this forum.. aside from the fact that you cant discontinue to show us that you're an angry little man.

QuoteIt was a lame attempt to say "alien fanz r fagz cos they liek thing dat look liek mens dickz."
Or it was just an attempt to say that the alien's head design is inspired by a penis. Which is is.

QuoteHardly surprising that you wouldn't see something like that as immature.
Hardly surprising that you feel offended by a comment that is not meant to say anything different then "the alien's head looks like a penis".

"Alienz iz ma lifeee!!"

SM

SM

*yawn*

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SM on May 22, 2009, 12:14:02 AM
*yawn*
You're tired obviously, its OK, go take a nap.
This board wins a bit of cerebral matter in the time you're gone.

SM

SM

How typical, that you attack SiL for not appropriately responding to Predboy's drivel with a proper argument, but you respond to my comments about the Predator with the tiresome and entirely irrelevant "What about the Alien, blah, blah, whine".

There is safety in the predictability of your inherent hipocrisy though, I suppose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed