Predator teamwork

Started by JaredK21, May 05, 2009, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Predator teamwork (Read 2,812 times)

JaredK21

JaredK21

Hey, since this movie will feature multiple Predators, do you think the Predators will act as a team to take out the group of commandos?

Or will they each be on their own sort of competing with each other to get the most trophies? RR said he would like to feature other-worldly creatures. Maybe the movie will show these Predators hunting other creatures early on and then make their way to Earth to hunt the big game aka humans.

The competition scenario could also lead to a scene in which two Predators fight against each other because the competition becomes very heated.

I think both situations could be very exciting to see on screen. AVP never really showed us the team aspect like I was hoping for.

Thoughts?

Danger Close

Danger Close

I agree that the AVP films never tapped into the whole teamwork thing. I hope in the new film they hit both angles of teamwork and competition.

Highland

Highland

I'm only backing team work if its to take down a larger/tougher opponent. Team work just doesn't seem predator to me. They want the trophy on their own. 

Master

Master

Even if the enemy is much bigger and tougher than pred I think that he would hunt it alone. Team work does not seem right when it come to preds.

dachande89

dachande89

Like Preds using combination of techniques to take down an army? Or a tank? Or some huge force, creature, piece of tech, etc? Then yea, I would love to see that. But its probably going to be like 3 preds, going off to hunt alone, and then meeting up at camp at night, showing off their trophies to each other before hunting again. (This was in Predator Turnabout).

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: dachande89 on May 06, 2009, 10:43:18 AM
Like Preds using combination of techniques to take down an army? Or a tank?

If they do that, I'm going to be very disappointed.

JaredK21

JaredK21

If I had to venture a guess, I would say the Predators go off on their own to hunt for trophies. It just seems more Predator like, like some of you guys said and if you look at Predator 1, the Predator had no problem picking off the skilled commandos one by one. A team working together could rip them all apart in seconds (like the Predator did by himself in Predator 2).

Maybe it's the humans that will need to work together to survive after their men keep disappearing. And THEY take out each Predator one by one.

It's just hard to see multiple Predators in a movie when they are just facing humans and not Aliens.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Do not bring up Turnabout. I like Steve Perry but that book had nothing to do with Predators and was riddled with bad facts.

1.) The whole idea about this subject is will there be teamwork. NO they will hunt alone and sadly be taken out one by one , and multiple probably means like 2 - 4 I can't see 10 humans taking out  5 + Predators with no aliens involved it would be just so so not true.

2.) Notice how in Turnabout the main guy sloan claims that in his camoflauge suit he was as invisible as the alien creatures.... NOT TRUE , he is in fact not. The suit allows him to blend into brush which would do nothing to prevent the Predators from seeing his heat signature...

yeah so they will work NOT together... the first 2 will die in a few minutes like in AVP leaving one or two strong ones left .... and Danger close... nice Image on your Avatar!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The PredBen on May 06, 2009, 08:10:41 PM

2.) Notice how in Turnabout the main guy sloan claims that in his camoflauge suit he was as invisible as the alien creatures.... NOT TRUE , he is in fact not. The suit allows him to blend into brush which would do nothing to prevent the Predators from seeing his heat signature...

The book also noted that the suit trapped most of his heat within the suit so none escaped. This was why the Predators couldn't see him. On the note of Pred teamwork, I think it'll be fine to show them working to co-ordinate traps and etc. But it'll make them more interesting with us not seeing them communicate. Only looks and etc because they'd be using the helmets and etc to coordinate. Makes them more of the silent monster we're used to.

The PredBen

The PredBen

That is true.... :P but whatever Turnabout wasn't much of a predator book anyway seeing as how that idiot poacher Jack Regal was the main villain.... yeah it would be nice to see some teamwork.

Übermensch

Übermensch

I would like to see some predator interaction - that would be interesting.

Nightmare

Nightmare

preds shud not do team work

i mean, if one of the preds cant handle some guy alone, the other shud just sit and watch, if the other dies, he can take down that awesome prey that managed to kill other pred! damn, eitehr be it sport or honor crap it fits the predator, no teamwork please!

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: highlandpred on May 06, 2009, 05:27:14 AM
I'm only backing team work if its to take down a larger/tougher opponent. Team work just doesn't seem predator to me. They want the trophy on their own. 

That or they require some sort of medical assistance otherwise these creatures keep to themselves a majority ofthe time.

predator55

predator55

Sgt torque reikan is right..the predator is a one man band achieving their own trophys and hunts! Teamwork can only be achieved if there is a huge bigger threat, i agree with teamwork there but, the predator is more an individual one man band hunter machine!

Awgustas

Awgustas

I think only 1 predator in a movie would be just fine... No BS like in AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed