Fox's Tom Rothman Dishes on an Alien Prequel !!!

Started by Darkoo, Apr 28, 2009, 09:35:09 AM

Author
Fox's Tom Rothman Dishes on an Alien Prequel !!! (Read 16,160 times)

Übermensch

I just checked Scott's wikipedia page and it looks like he's fully booked on Robin Hood and Forever War for the next few years so I'm not holding my breath..  :(

SM

QuoteWhat I dislike about him is that he seems to cater more to the general audience instead of trying to find a middle ground with the fans as well.

If the general audience digs the film and it makes money then he's doing a good job as a stduio exec.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Unfortunately, your right. 

Doesn't mean the movies are any good though.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: gold on May 14, 2009, 01:14:57 PM
If you call and say you'd like to speak to him they'll take a message and you likely won't hear back.

Say your the spokesperson for avpgalaxy and a number of other franchise forums and have compiled a list of 8 questions for Ridley that have been collected in various competitions. If he'd be so kind as to answer.  Then mail his secretary the list and we'll see.

Don't call up and say I wan't to ask Ridley a question :)

Great idea, thank you. :)

You guys will be the first to know what's up.

gold

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 15, 2009, 01:37:15 AM
Great idea, thank you. :)

You guys will be the first to know what's up.

Good luck.

I'm discussing the details of the last 4 alien designs with ADI at the moment, trying to relay what the fanbase like(d)s/dislike(d)s. I'll let you know as soon as I've compiled some information.

SiL

"The fan base basically dislikes everything you've done since Alien 3, you sound like idiots in interviews when you talk about your "improvements" on something that never needed them, please stop" about covers it.

magical_boy

I've basically disliked everything they've done since Aliens, for Alien 3 I wish they had used the wooden planet idea. I won't even get into any of the films after Alien 3...

Pvt. Hicks

I have to contact his publicist, Simon Hall. That's as far in as I could go. Updates coming soon...

gold

Let's get some questions going for Ridley: e.g.

1. In an ideal world uncomplicated by film studio desires or real world limitations, of the (arguably) unconcluded Ridley creations; Bladerunner, Legend, Alien, etc., which do you desire the most to see being concluded in "your" way?

2. What would your answer to 1. be, not in an ideal world but in the one we live in?

3. What is your view on a sci-fi horror film to end all sci-fi horrors created in collaboration between yourself and J. Cameron? (Fox knows the AVP fanbase will spend dollars either way, in this fashion the rest of the world will aswell.)

anyone else?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed