ADI to return?

Started by War Wager, Apr 25, 2009, 09:01:18 PM

Author
ADI to return? (Read 16,803 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The face design in AvP:R was only slightly better than AvP's because while both heads were animatronics, Wolf's head looked more real to me. AvP's looked 110% fake.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Honestly, I would love to see KNB effects give it a shot. They have worked with Rodriguez before on Grindhouse, so it isnt like this is a complete shot in the dark. Heres a list of all the things they have done. http://www.knbefxgroup.com/FilmBio.html

severen76

severen76

I think it will probably be KNB Effects, if Rogriguez is involved. I think he's worked with them on all of his films.

pjdoodle

pjdoodle

Im sold on KNB effects. ;D

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: severen76 on Apr 26, 2009, 04:20:51 PM
I think it will probably be KNB Effects, if Rogriguez is involved. I think he's worked with them on all of his films.

I think that's why brother thinks they would be suitable.  They have a nice little filmography.

QuoteIm sold on KNB effects

Compare KNB's to ADI's

KNB
http://uk.imdb.com/company/co0015640/
ADI
http://uk.imdb.com/company/co0021289/

Even though KNB has been running longer compare movies they've worked on since 1990

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Their demo reel is quite impressive.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 26, 2009, 04:38:32 PM
There demo reel is quite impressive.

Im just watching that now... :D

EDIT:  Did you notice the Aliens head in that demo reel?

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I don't like the lower jaw on the Alien there. doesn't look right. everything else is ok though.

ADI sucks. I don't know why the hell god (or who ever or what ever you worship) allowed ADI to be created.

honestly, I don't want a predator reboot. besides. why does everybody think the film will bring back the original Predator creature design? what makes you all think they won't redesign the predator? like almost all reboots everything is redesigned.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yeah, that head looks a little off, but Im guessing it was something just made for fun. I never heard of them auditioning for the AvP films, and they never officially collaborated with ADI on them. Given the incentive, they could pull it off easily.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Apr 26, 2009, 04:56:02 PM
Im just watching that now... :D

EDIT:  Did you notice the Aliens head in that demo reel?

Well, it looks more like the Cameron Aliens then the ones we got from ADI, and they actually got the same mold and still didn't got it right.

Quotewhy does everybody think the film will bring back the original Predator creature design?
Maybe because the design is perfect and doesn't require any major changes?
Of course they could redesign it, but it would be even more unnecessary then the concept of a remake.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Undeadite on Apr 26, 2009, 06:25:06 PM
Yeah, that head looks a little off, but Im guessing it was something just made for fun. I never heard of them auditioning for the AvP films, and they never officially collaborated with ADI on them. Given the incentive, they could pull it off easily.

Turns out Greg Nicotero is an 'Aliens' Fan (and Jaws), he even has his own Pulse Rifle.

QuoteWell, it looks more like the Cameron Aliens then the ones we got from ADI, and they actually got the same mold and still didn't got it right.

True indeed.  But if i had the choise id choose that design over ADI's anyday.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

you never know. FOX is known for screwing things up so bad. even reboots are bad. Idk I just can't trust fox.

Draven

Draven

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Apr 26, 2009, 01:39:27 PM
Sorry bud no offence but i hope not.

Have you seen the creatures in Hellboy 2? Easily the best practical monster effects I've seen in years.

Undeadite

Undeadite

I think most of HB2's practical effects were done by FB-FX. I dont know who did the digital renderings, and I have yet to see a complete list of all the companies that attributed to the Troll Market.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I'll try and have an answer for you guys tomorrow on whether it's ADI, KNB, or a colloboration. I've just collected both their business numbers. Neither are open over the weekend so probably tomorrow morning.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed