Anderson's script

Started by echobbase79, Jun 13, 2007, 02:15:33 PM

Author
Anderson's script (Read 5,329 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Aye it defo would of been interesting to see 5 preds, i wonder how many would of survived towards the end.  Or what the Alien and Predator battles would of been like.

SiL

SiL

Read the novel.

Grid and Celtic die. Scar gets huggered. One Pred gets torn apart by Aliens without a fight, the fifth gets face-hugged. Its chest explodes while Scar and Lex are leaving, and Scar kills the PredAlien.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2007, 10:36:13 PM
Read the novel.

Grid and Celtic die. Scar gets huggered. One Pred gets torn apart by Aliens without a fight, the fifth gets face-hugged. Its chest explodes while Scar and Lex are leaving, and Scar kills the PredAlien.

Thanks for that  :-\ i've only just started reading the novel  :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Re: Commentary. I couldn't do it. I love commentaries. One of my main praises of the Quad but...I couldn't take the man's voice and his comments. I would have thrown something at him had I been there with him.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2007, 10:52:19 PM
Re: Commentary. I couldn't do it. I love commentaries. One of my main praises of the Quad but...I couldn't take the man's voice and his comments. I would have thrown something at him had I been there with him.

I love the comentaries on the Quad DVD's.  I would have done more that throw something at him.  I would made sure he couldn't continue with the blasted comentary period.  I was ok with the Tom and Alec comentary just not H I S  >:(

SM

SM

QuoteI hate actors who think they're above the films they've starred in.

I didn't get that impression at all.  She knew about her character but knew little of the other films in the series.  I can't imagine most of the other actors did either.  And I'm sure it's pretty similar with previous Alien and Predator films and will continue to be so.  Just because someone is in one of these flicks doesn't mean they know all the ins and outs of the universe their character inhabits.

QuoteI've read one Draft of the Alien Rez script and it was more action packed.  I remember reading somewhere on the net that most of the actin sequences were being cut as you said while being written because of the budget i.e the underwater scene taking much of it having to built the whole underwater set from scratch.  But this is going of an article from the net

Earlier drafts had the jungle sequence where they were on a jeep hooning through a massive hydroponic garden of Sweet Mary Jane, being attacked by Aliens.  And there was another sequence where they first encounter Ripley and she has a prolonged punch up with an Alien.  Even while they were shooting Weaver and Ryder had to go 'plead' with Bill Mechanic to keep things like the Viper Pit, while Mechanic was complaining Alien3 didn't make much money.  Weaver response was that it had a good worldwide box office.  And they were shown the Titanic trailer which looked like it cost more than Resurrection's entire budget.

Probably did come to think of it...

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Can't believe that Weaver and Ryder pleaded for the Viper pit sequence it was terrible! I've always disliked that scene big time.

SM

SM

Wasn't just that.  There were other things.  I thought that scene was pretty sweet personally.  Enigmatic.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

...I thought that scene was pretty sweet personally.  Enigmatic.

You did?...don't know, i mean yuk it was terrible....Now i'm dyslexic and this is gonna sound extremely dumb but what does Enigmatic mean?  :-[

Fitzley

Fitzley

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 14, 2007, 11:56:01 AM
...but what does Enigmatic mean?  :-[

Mysterious.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Yeah for an action film Alien Rez really stunk! I mean the script read so much better and when I saw the finished film I was very puzzled. But another thing that pissed me off was when Elgyn went to get that gun by himself!?! In the orignal script that didn't happen at all. It was like watching a slasher scene out of a Scream movie or something. I couldn't believe they sunk that low.

Sometimes I don't know which one is worse, A4 or AvP.

SM

SM

AvP

QuoteMysterious.

Yup.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Fitzley on Jun 14, 2007, 03:56:39 PM
Mysterious.

Cheers for that  ;)

Yeah for an action film Alien Rez really stunk! I mean the script read so much better and when I saw the finished film I was very puzzled. But another thing that pissed me off was when Elgyn went to get that gun by himself!?! In the orignal script that didn't happen at all. It was like watching a slasher scene out of a Scream movie or something. I couldn't believe they sunk that low.

Sometimes I don't know which one is worse, A4 or AvP.

The first Draft of the Alien Rez script i thought was very entertainging to read.  Shame certain scenes never made it in the Filmed version.  As for Early drafts for AVP (not including the Peter Briggs script)  i've only read the shooting script, i assume the Novel IS based off an early Draft.  But thats just going off early story boards and concept art etc.  As to which is worse Rez or AVP i'd have to think on that one cos i dislike both of em.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed