Recent Magazine Article I looked at.

Started by Lone Warrior, Apr 02, 2009, 07:34:02 PM

Author
Recent Magazine Article I looked at. (Read 25,220 times)

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

Well, as the topic suggest I recently observed a magazine article from Xbox360 magazine or whatever its called, and it has a small section on AvP3, and here it is:

Release Date: Q1 '10               Publisher: Sega
Developer: Rebellion                Genre: FPS
Players: 1-TBA                        Xbox Live/PSN: TBA

Hey, what happened to Aliens: Colonial Marines?
Your guess is as good as ours, but it may have been in a bit of trouble, so Sega has decided to give it some extra development time and focus our disappointment on this reworking of another classic franchise.

Does this have anything to do with those awful films?
We're going to say no - those films should really be destroyed and never viewed as part of those iconic series. The original games were based on the popular Eighties comic and were developed by the same team that has now been put together again to make this new AvP. So, with any luck, it sould recapture some of that brilliance.

What can we expect, then?
Three campaigns: one as a colonial marine, one as a Predator and the third from the perspective of an Alien Drone. Expect frantic, FPS horror, lots of gore, and the beep of the marine's motion tracker to keep you up at night. The three different characters allow players to experience three types of gameplay, each taking advantage of their strengths and weaknesses, but AvP was always remembered for being one of the most pant-wetting, keyboard-swetting games to ever be released.

So it's going to be a scary game, then?
Rebellion has a knack for recreating the desperate atmosphere and dread from the Alien film but also the classis action Predator. It managed to get the mix just right. Let's hope it can do it again.

How's it looking?
If it's even a little bit like its predeccesors this should be brilliant, scary fun, and probably extremely gory to boot. Let's hope Rebellion can recapture that magic.

Well, thats it guys, enjoy, discuss e.t.c :D

-Lone

Le Celticant

It sounds good.
I hope it's gonna be 1 - 32 player allowed in multiplayer.
The fact they take nothing about the movies is the biggest point, they got it well.
I just worry about the developer Rebellion, their last "AvP-Requiem" game was horrible.

Lone Warrior

It does sound good yes, I think its in capable hands, just discard the stuff they have done for consoles and hand-held things. And take into account AvP1, like it says in the article, if they can make it like the first one, without the obvious bugs and problems (if there are any), then they've done it again.

Le Celticant

Indeed, but main problem would be the multiplayer so.
I don't have good remember about AvP Gold Multi, it didn't impress me as AvP2 did.
My only wish is they will release a SDK which is the most important thing for a Multiplayer game.

Lone Warrior

AvP2's MP, and AvP1's SP. Good combination, and an editing kit :D. Not to mention open source.

ShadowPred

I am freakin' pleased about this!

Corporal Hicks

I think it's all speculation. I've seen similar articles in about 4 different Xbox mags.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

I hope they have some kind of Single player cooperative mode for the marines or somthing one thing they didnt manage to do besides that Survivial mode in AVP1. Kind of lose the feeling when your solo playing a marine on avp2 campaign

Corporal Hicks

Well I think it's a given, personally, that there will be 3 seperate campaigns.

Lone Warrior

That article is not specualtion, but rather it is from one of Rebellion's designers. So, I would take the majority of it to be fact.

Also, while I'm here, I'd like to direct you here, as I cant bump the thread, I would just like to say I have a new pic that needs crit, sorry if this counts as meaningluss spam   :-[

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=22687.0

Corporal Hicks

Any chance of a scan or some such?

Lone Warrior

My printer is fuxed, so probably not. I took all the info that was there, besides the title and a small picture.

In-case it matters, title is:

Aliens vs Predator 3
"The bitch is back!"

Corporal Hicks

Okays. I'll post this up on the font page later tonight.

ShadowPred

"The bitch is back"

I'll use that as my personal subtitle for the game.   ;D

Awgustas

Can't wait to get my hands on this game!
Time to get some trophies!  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed