AVP movie script

Started by Colinmarcus, Apr 01, 2009, 08:13:54 PM

Author
AVP movie script (Read 2,290 times)

Colinmarcus

Colinmarcus

I've written a script for a fanfilm, any filmmakers interested in seeing it?

Colinmarcus

Colinmarcus

First ten scenes:

Alien vs. Predator: To the death

Written by: Colin Marcus, Alien and Predator franchises owned by FOX.

Scene 1:

FADING IN:

SPACE:

A sleek spaceship cruises silently through the galaxy.

CLOSE UP:

The spaceship had Yautja symbols on it's hull.

CLOSE UP:

A door opens at the back of the spaceship and four smaller pods fly out of it at high speed, their engines leaving a blinding light as the ignite.

Scene 2:

EARTH, A FIELD OF CROP:

The pods crash into the field, throwing up clouds of smoke and dust.

CLOSE UP:

The four small pods open up, revealing the silhouettes of four Yautja in armour.

FULL SHOT:

The predators come out of their pods and walk up to each other, forming a row of the four of them.

CLOSE UP:

The masks have almost no damage on it, suggesting that these four are un-blooded warriors here to prove themselves.

FULL SHOT:

Another, larger pod crashes a few miles away from them, close to a large farm.

CLOSE UP:

Inside the ship are dozens of Alien eggs, with facehuggers inside them waiting for a chance to grab a host.

MED. SHOT:

A farmer wearing old work clothing and a straw hat driving an old truck saw the explosion and drives up to it, a rifle next to his seat. He pulls over next to the wreck of the ship containing the eggs and suspiciously sneaks up to it.

CLOSE UP:

The farmer's hand touches the door and it immediately slides open, startling the farmer.

MED. SHOT:

The farmer loads his rifle before cautiously entering the ship.

CLOSE UP:

One of the eggs in front of the farmer slowly opens up and the farmer peeks inside the egg out of curiosity.

CLOSE UP:

The man's terrified face is seen from the egg's position down on the table.

MED SHOT:

The man screams in fear as the facehugger leaps up and grabs onto his face. He falls down and lands on the metal floor of the ship with a loud thud.

FULL SHOT:

A woman, presumably the man's wife walks up to the pod.

WOMAN:
Charles, where are you honey?

MED SHOT:

She wanders inside the ship and a scream is heard.

FULL SHOT:

The woman's silhouette becomes visible as she stumbles backwards outside the pod, something attached to her face.

Scene 3:

CLOSE UP:

Two police officers drive their patrol car over the sandy road leading to the farm. They pull over when they see the pod and get out of their car.

MED SHOT:

The heat signals of the two men are seen by a predator lurking in a tree as they walk up to the body of the woman.

OFF. JAKES:
What the hell is that on her face?

DEP. O'FRY
The hell if I know! Let me see.

MED. SHOT:

O'fry crouches down and touches one of the facehuggers tentacles. The facehugger reacts violently as it's tail tightens around the woman's neck. O'fry pulls his hand back.

OFF. JAKES:
So, what now?

CLOSE UP:
O'fry shrugs his shoulders before suddenly looking over to the side where the pod is.

MED. SHOT:
The door slides open, revealing the dark interior of the ship.

DEP. O'FRY:
Let's investigate.

CLOSE UP:
Jakes nods his head and walks towards the ship.

MED. SHOT:

They enter the ship with handguns at the ready.

CLOSE UP:

Thick slime drips onto Jakes' shoulder, and he looks up slowly.

CLOSE UP:

An alien's head is shown with it's mouth open. The tongue shoots out and penetrates Jakes' skull, killing him instantly.

MED SHOT:

O'fry shouts in panic when he spots the alien. He fires his handgun several times before the Alien lunges onto him and knocks his back down onto the floor. He screams in pain when the Alien lashes out with his claws.

Scene 4:

FULL SHOT:

The ship's walls are smeared with blood and the Alien leaps out of the ship, at the same time as the woman's chest bursts.

CLOSE UP:

Predator 'slasher' equips his wristblades with a swift movement of his arm.

MED SHOT:

The new born Alien slithers away towards the farm quickly.

MED SHOT:

Slasher cloaks himself, hops out of the tree to land behind the observing Alien. He stalks up to his prey with silent, large steps.

CLOSE UP:

Alien turns around and screams. He attacks with his tail but Slasher is fast enough to grab onto it.

FULL SHOT:

The powerful tail however lifts him up into the air and throws him back. He rolls over backwards and his cloak is deactivated before jumping back up.

MED SHOT:

The Alien rushes towards Slasher and leaps at the end of his run. Slasher is knocked down by the impact of the Alien ramming him and falls on his back. Slasher roars loudly as he pushes the Alien of him.

CLOSE UP:

Slasher's blade pierces into the Alien's skull, the acidic blood melting the blades. Slasher roars and takes of his mask.

MED SHOT:

He smashes the now-blunt wristblade into the Alien's skull and carves a Yautja symbol onto his forehead with the newly acquired acidic blood.

CLOSE UP:

A facehugger crawls out of it's egg and silently runs towards Slasher with surprising quickness.

MED SHOT:

The facehugger leaps up but Slasher jumps to the side. The facehugger hits the ground and rolls over.

CLOSE UP:

Slasher kicks down on the facehugger, turning it into a pool of acidic blood that quickly eats through the soil.

Scene 5:

CITY CENTER,

FULL SHOT:

Two men walk down a street. They are wearing loose suits with white shirts and ties. They look a pair of detectives and by the handguns hanging from their belts they presumably are.

MAN 1:
Remember when the president's daughter was kidnapped and us two found her, Jason?

MAN 2 (JASON):
Sure do Jim, four terrorists armed to the teeth, but we blazed through them like it was a basic training video.

BOTH MEN:
Laugh and give each other a high five.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION:
Detectives Hirn and Smith, the deputy and a local officer have gone missing whilst on an assignment to check out a farm that was owned by a farmer who was accused of dealing in drugs.

CLOSE UP:

The two men look at each other and smile.

MED SHOT:

Hirn (Jason) takes his responder from his belt and replies.

HIRN:
We're on it.

Scene 6:

THE FARM,

FULL SHOT:

The car stops in front of the pod, braking suddenly.

CLOSE UP:

Hirn looks out of the window, confused at what he sees.

HIRN:

What the heck is that?

SMITH:

I have no idea, what so ever.

MED SHOT:

Both men get out of the car, their pistols drawn. They walk towards the pod cautiously.

CLOSE UP:

An Alien sticks his head outside of some bushes, observing the two humans. His jaw vibrates and slime drips out of his mouth.

HIRN:
Holy shit! What the heck is that hole doing in her chest?

SMITH:
Man that's creepy. That's something I've never seen before.

MED SHOT:

Smith crouches over the body and his fingers run over the wound.

SMITH:
It's like her chest imploded, something fought it's way OUT of there.

HIRN:
I don't like this. Watch my back I'm going in.

FULL SHOT:

The Alien runs past the two men's backs, making some noise.

MED SHOT:

The detectives turn around swiftly after hearing the noise.

SMITH:
You heard that too?

CLOSE UP:

Hirn nods his head slowly.

HIRN:
I'm afraid I must say I did.

MED SHOT:

The Alien crawls on the roof of the ship, slime still running out his mouth as he peeks over the edge, looking down upon the two detectives and looking like he's preparing to lunge at them.

CLOSE UP:

Slime falls out of the Alien's mouth and landed in front of Hirn's feet.

HIRN:
Step back!

MED SHOT:

The two men jump backwards just in time to avoid the Alien crashing down on them.

HIRN:
Holy shit! Open fire!

FULL SHOT:

The guns are fired at the screaming Alien, acid spilling out of it's body on some spots. It lunges forwards and knocks Hirn down but the detective rolls away to avoid the Alien's slash.

MED SHOT:

Hirn jumps back up and follows Smith who runs into the field of crop whilst firing his gun backwards at the following Alien.

CLOSE UP:

The two men run into the crop, which is high enough to conceal them from the eye completely. The Alien follows them.

MED SHOT:

Another Predator 'Wager' hides in the high grass, spotting the heat signals of the two men who are caught up quickly by the Alien. He jumps up and runs towards them.

SMITH:
Shit Hirn! He's on to us!

HIRN:
He? What the heck is it anyway?

MED SHOT:

The two men take a turn to the right and the Alien slides as he tries to chase them immediately.

CLOSE UP:

The Alien screams as a Yautja shuriken cuts of it's arm.

MED SHOT:

Acidic blood is spilled over the uncloaked Wager as the Alien turns around in anger.

Scene 7:

FULL SHOT:

The men stop running nearby a forest, out of breath.

SMITH:
I think we lost it Jason, let's rest.

MED SHOT:

Hirn crouches over to take a breath and nods.

FULL SHOT:

A Predator 'Breaker' spots their heat signals and makes it's distinctive sound before recording the talk and replaying it.

MED SHOT:

The cloaked Predator switches the sights of his mask.

CLOSE UP:

'Breaker' zooms in on Hirn's chest, checking for diseases or hidden objects and does the same with Smith but he sees nothing.

FULL SHOT:

The cloaked 'Breaker' turns around and runs away.

CLOSE UP:

Hirn grabs his transponder and presses the button that allows him to speak.

HIRN:
Hirn to station. We just saw something very disturbing, people have been killed. We request immediate back up.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION:
Back up on your way.

Scene 8:

OUTSIDE THE POLICE STATION,

FULL SHOT:

Two men, dressed in similar fashion as Hirn and Smith are drinking coffee whilst walking towards their car.

MAN 1:
So those two douchebags need our help, again.

MAN 2:
Those jerks should be demoted to traffic officers if you ask me, this is the hundredth time they have us do their dirty work. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually lied about the people being killed.

MAN 1:
Damn right, Pastrelli.

MAN 2 (Pastrelli):
You know I always am, Hanson.

CLOSE UP:

Pastrelli opens the door of the car and gets in.

HANSON:
I'll drive.

MED SHOT:

Hanson takes a last sip of his coffee before disposing of the paper cup and opens the door of the car before taking the wheel and driving off.

Scene 9:

FULL SHOT:

Pastrelli and Hanson's car pulls up and they step out.

CLOSE UP:

Hanson notices the woman's body and walks over to it.

HANSON:
What the heck? She's got a nice hole in her chest!

PASTRELLI:
I'd say she was shot with big calibre gun.

HANSON:
Yeah, nothing else can inflict a wound like that, it would be ridiculous to think some animal would do that.

PASTRELLI:
Right again, partner. Let's get inside this thing and check it out.

MED SHOT:

The two men venture into the ship casually.

CLOSE UP:

Pastrelli pulls up his eyebrows upon seeing the eggs and the blood smeared walls.

PASTRELLI:
This-isn't-normal.

HANSON:
Whatever it is, it isn't normal.

MED SHOT:
Hanson walks up to an egg and looks over it, his hands holding his waist.

HANSON:
Now that is---

CLOSE UP:
Hanson is cut off as a facehugger jumps onto his face.

PASTRELLI:
Shit!

MED SHOT:

Pastrelli turns around and tries to run but bumps into cloaked Slasher's chest. Pastrelli screams as he falls on his back next to a struggling Hanson. His terrified face looks up at Slasher, who now uncloaks himself and grabs the detective by his neck.

PASTRELLI:
Get off me!

CLOSE UP:

The predator lifts Pastrelli up to the height of it's face, still holding onto the detective's neck.

MED SHOT:

Pastrelli screams as Slasher holds the detectives face in front of an opening egg.

PASTRELLI:
Oh shi---

FULL SHOT:

Slasher walks out of the pod, dragging the two bodies behind him by the collars of their shirts.

CLOSE UP:

Slasher swings his arms up and throws the bodies through the sky with his great strength.

CLOSE UP:

The bodies land with a thud, throwing up a cloud of dust as they land.

FULL SHOT:

Slasher cloaks and disappears by running out of the screen.

Scene 10:

FULL SHOT:

Night has fallen and Smith and Hirn sit on log's around a fire somewhere inside the forest.

HIRN:
No one showed up yet and I'm not sure it's safe enough to stay here, we need to get back to the car.

SMITH:
I'm inclined to agree, let's go.
FULL SHOT:

The two men get up from their logs and walk out of the screen.

FADE OUT

FADE IN

FULL SHOT:

Uncloaked Breaker crouches by the fire and examines it. He gets up into a standing position and cloaks. It's eyes lit up before he walks off in the same direction as Hirn and Smith.

SM

SM

Some tips:

- Ditch the MED SHOT; FULL SHOT stuff.  It's not necessary in a script.  Use it sparingly only when you really need to.  Like if there's something the audience needs to be shown, use a CLOSE UP.

QuoteMAN 1:
Remember when the president's daughter was kidnapped and us two found her, Jason?

MAN 2 (JASON):
Sure do Jim, four terrorists armed to the teeth, but we blazed through them like it was a basic training video.

BOTH MEN:
Laugh and give each other a high five.

Expository and obnoxious.  I hope these two die really quickly.

In fact all the dialogue is appalling.  Try reading it out loud and you'll quickly realise that people don't talk like the way you've written.

And one major rule of script-writing is "Show; don't tell".  Describe what is going on in descriptive passages in the script; these translate to what the camera will be showing the audience. Don't have the characters describing what the audience will be seeing.

Colinmarcus

Colinmarcus

Thanks a lot for your critique, I realize it isn't perfect so adjustments can still be made :P

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

I agree with SM about the exposition. Also, the whole thing kinda feels repetitive, almost like it's the same movie three times in a row; Officers: dead. Agents: dead. More agents: dead. It's like the predators and aliens should be saying, "alright, these ones are dead. Next!" Other than that, the action is pretty well written.

P.S. this ones kind of a nitpick, but "implosion" is a violent collapse of an object into itself. Explosion is from within outward. Just being kinda picky there, though  ;)

Kyuubi no Kaiju

Kyuubi no Kaiju

I can help.
By the way, add much more drama. Make people feel bad for other people. I can help write the script if you want.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I agree with what SM said too.

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

Do we all agree with SM?  :P

Vulhala

Vulhala

I don't. He's well known for spamming *runs*

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

Is that why his post count is so high?

Anyway nice work, keep working on it.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Bone Crusher on Jul 21, 2009, 06:48:40 PM

No. He's probably one of the few members of this site who knows what he's talking about.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jul 21, 2009, 10:37:11 PM
Quote from: Bone Crusher on Jul 21, 2009, 06:48:40 PM

No. He's probably one of the few members of this site who knows what he's talking about.

And hes been around for a while.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed