Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 86,341 times)

Darkness

Darkness

What did you think of AvP?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a wierd film for me. On one viewing I enjoy it alot and an another I can't stand it. But generally, it was a very disappointing film.   :'(

The Ultimate Predator

I gotta re-watch it again, my opinion in films has changed a lot recently.

Darkness

Darkness

I bought it on DVD in April and watched it through, then listened to both commentaries.

I still don't like it although I wish I'd have waited for the DVD instead of watching it the way I did. I liked the main Alien-Predator fight I guess.

The Ultimate Predator

The Celtic vs Alien fight I did enjoy, except Celtic being killed. Its just ridiculous, in hand to hand, a Predator can generally take out an Alien, just look at the original comics.

Darkness

Darkness

A Predator could take out a 1000 Aliens and still be standing. I just hate the way they were portrayed in AvP. Paul Anderson changed far too much relating to the Predators.

The Ultimate Predator

I don't know about a thousand. Hand to hand certainly not. But I hated the way they were portrayed as well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Anderson's commentary bugged the hell out of me. I love watching films with commentaries - one of the reasons I'd been excited about the Quad - but I just couldn't stand it. Skipped to the Celtic-Scar fight and then turned it off.

Darkness

Darkness

Well, I listened to both commentaries. It pisses me off what Anderson says about the Predators in the first two films being children.

The Ultimate Predator

I found one of the interviews they did with him hilarious. He kept on going on about how you can't find a bigger Alien and Pred fan than him.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What does he call them? Predatoids?

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Nov 26, 2006, 05:29:16 PM
I found one of the interviews they did with him hilarious. He kept on going on about how you can't find a bigger Alien and Pred fan than him.

I think the moral of the story there is don't let "fans" make Alien and Predator movies.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Personally I think it's, don't let no talent hacks make any Alien/Predator films. It's people like him that given British film makers a bad name.

The Ultimate Predator

Totally agree with you there Hicks.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corpral Hicks on Nov 27, 2006, 08:51:46 AM
Personally I think it's, don't let no talent hacks make any Alien/Predator films. It's people like him that given British film makers a bad name.

Yeah, it still surprises how this guy still keeps getting work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed