Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 903,081 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Collection complete... kind of:

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Release dates for the Hellboy Omnibus Editions have been moved up. Here they are!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-omnibus-mike-mignolas-all-new-covers-revealed-1058196

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Gilfryd on Nov 21, 2017, 03:42:02 PM
Release dates for the Hellboy Omnibus Editions have been moved up. Here they are!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-omnibus-mike-mignolas-all-new-covers-revealed-1058196

Oh man... looking at my huge Trade collection of Big Ol Red and wondering what to do with about this Omnibus .... hmmm....

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Gilfryd on Nov 21, 2017, 03:42:02 PM

Good to know I still have some time before I start spending money on Hellboy. And I can complete the collection in less than a year, unlike say, Hellblazer. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Anyone else read the first issue of Doomsday Clock?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 07, 2017, 01:54:23 PM

I ordered and read the first 4 collections that were written by Garth Ennis.
They were really great, I enjoyed the character of Barracuda.
I heard the quality drops after that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I finished off The Flash by Geoff Johns Book Two, and have started Book Three. Aside from the weak, overlong story that opened Book One and some subpar guest or fill in artists, it's been a great run so far. Sorry Barry, but Wally is the GOAT Flash, IMO. And hey, Cyborg isn't boring, annoying, or shilled as the most important character ever. :laugh:

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 03, 2018, 01:11:26 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 07, 2017, 01:54:23 PM

I ordered and read the first 4 collections that were written by Garth Ennis.
They were really great, I enjoyed the character of Barracuda.
I heard the quality drops after that.

I've not read the stuff in between them, but the Jason Aaron run is great in its own way.

Prez

Prez

Picked up my copy of the Predator Hunters trade and also preordered Alien Dead Orbit, Dust to Dust and the Collected Life and Death from my local ... sure I pay more than I would say on somewhere like Bookdepository online but if you don't support your local business then they won't be around for you to wander into and enjoy.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I read the Superman: Last Son of Krypton trade, which contained the stories "Last Son" and "Brainiac", both by Geoff Johns. I thought the stories were... fine. Last Son was the better of the two, but the mechanics of the Phantom Zone were somehow both too vague and too detailed at the same. It also pulled a few punches, e.g. we're told Chris was abused by Zod and Ursa, but we see little of this, and the idea of the Krypton science council lobotomizing Non was danced around so much it was ridiculous. "Brainiac" had an interesting take on the title villain, but everything around it was a little bland, particularly every other character loudly exclaiming their wants and motivations. None of this was helped by the just plain cringey attempts to make make Clark and Lois look exactly like Reeve and Kidder for no discernible reason.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Prez on Mar 05, 2018, 03:36:46 AM
Picked up my copy of the Predator Hunters trade and also preordered Alien Dead Orbit, Dust to Dust and the Collected Life and Death from my local ... sure I pay more than I would say on somewhere like Bookdepository online but if you don't support your local business then they won't be around for you to wander into and enjoy.

5 Stars to you Sir!  * * * * *   Independent Retailers Thank You!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 16, 2018, 01:12:38 AM
Quote from: Prez on Mar 05, 2018, 03:36:46 AM

5 Stars to you Sir!  * * * * *   Independent Retailers Thank You!

Thanks mate. Gotta support your local!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm the same. I've got standing orders with my local and visit once or twice a month. Only time I ever use online is if it's just for something they can't get in easily.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm taking a break from Lucifer (great comic, but a little goes a long way), and reading Fury: Peacemaker by Garth Ennis. It's a solid WWII comic, with some interesting twists and turns. Fury isn't quite the cigar chomping whore monger he is in the other Ennis penned stuff yet, but it's fun to see him when he was just starting out.

Prez

Prez

Been getting back into good ol Batman of late. I've got so many trades in my collection that I still haven't read!

Wweyland

Wweyland

At one point at took this list as a reference point and read about 36 of the 50 here:
https://forbiddenplanet.com/log/50-best-best-graphic-novels/

Now I read mostly Alien and Predator comics when I have the time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed