Brian Tyler Talks AvP2

Started by Darkness, Jun 11, 2007, 04:08:46 PM

Author
Brian Tyler Talks AvP2 (Read 20,318 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I really hope that it is really true what he says, im not worried about the score anyway, brian is a great composer.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I love Brians work, I have no worries of the score, it's in good hands now.   Now for a trailer! I think I heard that the AVP2 trailer will be shown with the next Die Hard film, is that true?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

bringing both music themes togetther....amazing shit.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

The first avp2 teaser will be shown at the end of june at comic-con...

Darkoo

Darkoo

at the end of july at comic con   :P     ::)  

Cellien

Cellien

@Corporal Hicks: Thought the EXACT same thing as I was reading that.. SiL ain't gonna be happy to hear that :P  Lol..

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

End of july?!!!  This shit better be good! You know....worth the wait   ;)  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Primal, how dare he    :o   the alien films have the best musical scores I have heard ever, anyway good to hear that the original scores are in avp 2, sort of    ;D  

SiL

SiL

I'm a bit confused. He's calling the Alien MUSIC primal ... if he means in AvP2, fine and dandy, but in the previous films? I'd hardly call the work primal.  Unless again he's talking about the creatures. Fair enough.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

By 'primal', I think think they mean organic and visceral. Primal does not equate bad. The music from the first two 'Predator' films, however, had the most primal atmosphere, because of the tribal theme.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I am not worried, I am hoping for some homages to the older scores, but I want to have it's own score, stand on it's own legs, so when we hear a sound byte of the score, we can go "AvP 2!" not "AvP 2's score, which is just a bunch of homages to the older movies, so there is nothing fresh!"

SiL

SiL

That's what confused me. The Predator films had primal music, with the drums and horns and all the rest of it. The Alien films didn't.

Dual Blades

Dual Blades

One thing that I am worried is not about the film as such but the fans expectations. I know full heartedly that it will dominate, regardless so Strause bros I got ya back    ;D  , Its the fact that the fans will be intenstionaly wanting to SEE those scarey moments only to feel that those moments won't be as good.   This is a totally different fan base as oppose to those from both the previous Alien and Predator films (the audience members didn't know what to expect thats what gave it its razor edge). Today we know amost everything of what to expect of these movies so the suspense may possibly .... POSSIBLY not work as well.   Saying that I hope I am as wrong as hell and that those moments when watching those movies takes me back to those moments of terror, and thats what we ALL want.  Its all good regardless.

Cellien

Cellien

Dual Blades:  I agree completely.. I had a long ass write up about how AvP isn't the same IP as the old movies... but frankly, dount anyone gives a damn so I deleted it :P

Predboy

Predboy

I hope what they're saying is true, and are not just BS'ing us.   :(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed