Brian Tyler Talks AvP2

Started by Darkness, Jun 11, 2007, 04:08:46 PM

Author
Brian Tyler Talks AvP2 (Read 20,314 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a new interview with music composer, Brian Tyler, on MusicFromTheMovies.com. It’s mostly about the psychological horror film Bug but there’s a couple of things about AvP2 right at the end:

MFTM: You're now working on Alien vs. Predator 2. What are your impressions of the kind of music needed for AVP2?
Brian Tyler: It is going to be wild wild crazy wild! I really want to bring the world of Alien and Predator together musically. There will be references to the tradition of those classic scores. The music of the Predator is more organized and methodical while the Alien music is certainly extreme and frighteningly primal. The score will be purely orchestral.

MFTM: Will you be using actual musical motifs from Alien and Predator or using music in the style of those films?
Brian Tyler: There will be some homage's to the music of the earlier films in there. But mostly it will be conceptually bringing the two musical worlds together. One thing I can say for sure, it is going to be big!

Thanks to John Chambers for the news.

Highland

Highland

they have to have the original predator theme in there somewhere! I love that music, with the samba drums and all! It'd be cool if the original Alien music (title shot) was thrown in there for the start of the movie....

Johnny Handsome

All Alien and Predator films have great scores, but i really love the Predator 2 score, when hes inside the spaceship at the end, thats really a great score full of mystery, great. Very close after that comes the music from the first one.

Dekapitator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 11, 2007, 04:09:39 PM
when hes inside the spaceship at the end, thats really a great score full of mystery, great.

Yeah, it's my favorite aswell. I wonder if they can top it with AvP2.

War Wager

War Wager

I hope there is that score from Aliens when they're on the Drop Ship and the place is about to blow. That would be a really cool piece of score for the teaser or trailer...  8)

SM

SM

QuoteBrian Tyler: It is going to be wild wild crazy wild!

Oh dear lord...

QuoteThe score will be purely orchestral.

One positive at least.

SiL

SiL

QuoteThere will be references to the tradition of those classic scores. The music of the Predator is more organized and methodical while the Alien music is certainly extreme and frighteningly primal.
Oh boy. The Alien films had the methodical music, the Predator films had the tribal music. But otherwise, funky news.

SM

SM

Off topic-ish.  I was watching Wrath of Khan yesterday and noticed Horner ripping himself off again during the scenes where Khan meets Chekov.  Same stuff as he used later in Aliens during the early colony sweep scenes.

He musta really been stretched...

gameoverman

Parts of the score for Alien have already been re-used twice - in Aliens and Alien Resurrection.

SM

SM

Cameron used the actual score - I think Frizzell just incorporated a few notes of the Alien score into his own compositions.

Vader the White

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2007, 01:13:33 AM
Horner ripping himself off again
Which doesn't shock me. He used the same theme 3 or 4 times.

I'm happy it's pure orchestral.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2007, 01:13:33 AM
Off topic-ish.  I was watching Wrath of Khan yesterday and noticed Horner ripping himself off again during the scenes where Khan meets Chekov.  Same stuff as he used later in Aliens during the early colony sweep scenes.

He musta really been stretched...

I thought we all knew that? Most of Horner's scores from then are all the same.

SM

SM

I knew Horner had used the Klingon attack motif from ST 3, but I wasn't aware he also nicked stuff from ST2.  Mainly cos the stuff I'm talking about is very quiet under the dialogue.

Uncanny Antman

Most of the score to Trek III is straight outta Trek II.  There's very few new compositions done for it, mostly making do with re-timed cues from II.

Corporal Hicks

Entertaining film none-the-less.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed