What do you think of alien Grid

Started by xi killa yu, Feb 15, 2009, 03:00:52 AM

Author
What do you think of alien Grid (Read 6,996 times)

xi killa yu

xi killa yu

I think he shouldn't died because he was a good alien he should of help the queen and destroy the predator.

maledoro

maledoro

He was a pretty good guy, once you get to know him over a few beers.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

You know, I was intending to make a topic about this. At least, the idea of a "unique" Alien, or at least a sort of "main character" one of sorts. I thought it was a cool idea, it just wasn't exactly executed to the full potential in my opinion. About the only "unique" thing it did other than kill 2 Predators back-to-back was dodge one of Scar's plasma-caster shots (and even then you really have to be looking for it or know it's happening; I didn't notice it until my second or third viewing).

Anyone else have thoughts on "unique" Alien characters? Like, are they a good idea? If so, how would you implement one?
The only other "unique" Alien characters I can think of, even in the EU, are in 'Aliens: Mondo Pest' (the one-handed Alien) and I guess the Alien player character in AvP2 on PC. I'm talking about an otherwise normal Alien that stands out among other Aliens, not just one Alien by itself like in 'Alien' and 'Alien3'.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I didn't think there was anything "unique" about Grid. As far as the film was concerned, he was just another Alien, except he was on the receiving end of a Predator's netgun.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's what I mean, he was sort of under-utilized. His only real distinguishing moments are that he kills 2 Predators back to back, and he dodges the plasmacaster shot.

EEV2650

EEV2650

I've never really given Grid any thought. Like Doomrulz and xenomorph said, he doesnt really have any distinct traits. He was a pack leader obviously but thats it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The idea of a unique Alien seems a bit pointless because it's not a creature you can root for. Moreoever, it doesn't have any human characteristics like the Predator that make it like-able. The Predator can be reasoned with. An Alien is just that. An Alien.

Cellien

Cellien

The markings/wounds were a great way to make an alien they could use in promo material to show something 'new'.  I liked the look of Grid, but that's about all I could say about 'em.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Yeah, I also think it was a brilliant and clever way to give one of the aliens an identity.

gameoverman

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 15, 2009, 06:09:15 AM
That's what I mean, he was sort of under-utilized. His only real distinguishing moments are that he kills 2 Predators back to back, and he dodges the plasmacaster shot.

Under-utlised.  That's the key word.

He was supposed to have a battle with Scar on the surface, but that was cut.  That would've been the payoff. 

NO PAYOFF.  No Grid.  No nothing.......  :(

SiL

SiL

It had no unique personality, either, which might've been nice. But nooo...

Shadow Hunter

He was a amazing BADASS!

xi killa yu

I think he shouldn't die. it sucks that he died  :-[

War Wager

War Wager

At the end of the day, all the Aliens would have needed to die.

xi killa yu

How they will die?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed