Greatest camouflage????

Started by Cpl Hudson, Jun 09, 2007, 05:56:40 PM

Author
Greatest camouflage???? (Read 5,522 times)

War Wager

War Wager

But Aliens will never be in a bright enviroment...

Predboy

Predboy

Its unbelievable that some people actually think that the aliens' camoflouge is better than the predators. The preds cloak gives them the best camoflouge anyone could get. Aliens' camoflouge only work good in dark places, a predator's on the other hand works in all places.

Yautja666

Yautja666

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 10, 2007, 10:54:01 PM
Its unbelievable that some people actually think that the aliens' camoflouge is better than the predators. The preds cloak gives them the best camoflouge anyone could get. Aliens' camoflouge only work good in dark places, a predator's on the other hand works in all places.

Indeed some believes and i don't know how, alien has better camouflage ???

They are blinded period.

No chance at all can it be. ::)

Ansul

Ansul

I think that Aliens are silent and attack unpredicably. Whereas the Predator could have a gun pointed at your face from two feet in front of you. I would have to say the Preds win this one.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Well there are only two major flaw in the predators cloaking

One it doe not work when wet. as for the aliens camouflage works better when wet ;D

Two the aliens can see the predator with there cloak on.

Now lets check out the flaws in the aliens camouflage.

One they can not camouflage well when in light. well the aliens are almost never in the light so...

ALIENS WIN!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

The whole argument that Aliens' can blend well when it's not too light is just silly.

That ain't camouflage...that's just hiding in the dark.  They can only hide in plain sight (ie: the one in front of Dietrich) when the viewer in question doesn't know what they look like.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Quote from: aliensetta on Jul 17, 2007, 02:30:54 AM

That's never been seen with a predator that was standing still, trying to hide in a canon source. In videogames? Yes. In a movie where a pred is not moving, and his blades are not visible? no.

And all this stuff about aliens never being anywhere bright: okay, but what if they were forced to under extreme circumstances. Would their camoflauge work then? Aliens can render themselves almost invisible in their environment of choice, but the pred can do so anywhere, so Predator wins.  ;D

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: darkbladepred on Jul 17, 2007, 03:53:22 AM
Quote from: aliensetta on Jul 17, 2007, 02:30:54 AM

That's never been seen with a predator that was standing still, trying to hide in a canon source. In videogames? Yes. In a movie where a pred is not moving, and his blades are not visible? no.

So are you saying that aliens can't see predators with there cloak on?

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

No, not at all. I think they have some way of seeing without actually "seeing". I'm just saying we don't know FOR SURE if they can.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: darkbladepred on Jul 17, 2007, 04:05:20 AM
No, not at all. I think they have some way of seeing without actually "seeing". I'm just saying we don't know FOR SURE if they can.

Ok.  So your saying that aliens know where the predator is with his cloak on but they might not see the predator but they know were they are?

I'am confused.  ???

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

All I'm saying is that we don't know if aliens can see a cloaked predator that is not moving, and doesn't have his blades visible. I've always been a fan of the "aliens have echolocation/sonar" theory myself.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Well the only thing will know that the predators cloak doesn't work against aliens.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jul 17, 2007, 03:13:02 AM
The whole argument that Aliens' can blend well when it's not too light is just silly.

That ain't camouflage...that's just hiding in the dark.  They can only hide in plain sight (ie: the one in front of Dietrich) when the viewer in question doesn't know what they look like.

I think what they mean is that the Aliens are black and not brightly-colored, making it easier for them to hide in poorly lighted areas

but anyone can use the dark...a Pred can wear dark armor, or green armor when he hunts in the jungle

Ansul

Ansul

Quote from: darkbladepred on Jul 17, 2007, 11:27:22 PM
I've always been a fan of the "aliens have echolocation/sonar" theory myself.

Yeah, that one's pretty good. Because they hiss all of the time and stuff, and that would generate sound. That would also explain how they can see in the dark.

SunFire

SunFire

Predator.  Aliens can hide well, but they don't have camouflage.  Put them both in a bright location and the Alien is sticking out like a sore thumb!!!

This might be slightly off-topic but I would say the greatest camouflage EFFECT was in Predator II when he walks down the alley splashing the water with each step.  Sweeeet!!!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed