Kane facehugger attack

Started by gameoverman, Dec 31, 2008, 12:21:49 PM

Author
Kane facehugger attack (Read 25,800 times)

SM

SM

But it didn't need to.

There was a hole in her tube, so it got in after the EEV launch.  And the hole has no signs of acid damage consistent with a hugger breaking in.

predxeno

predxeno

The facehugger appeared to have cracked open Newt's tube, without using acid.  What does the comic depict?

SM

SM

Don't know and I don't care.

With Newt's tube, it tried to force the lid, which cracked the glass - not smashing it like Ripley's.

If logic can be applied, the explosion caused the tube damage.

predxeno

predxeno

Very well, I'll take your standing until I get further evidence.  I haven't read the comic yet, but I plan to.  I just want to say that there's still a possibility that the facehugger smashed Ripley's tube; a small possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

SM

SM

And even smaller considering that for all the huggers supposed efforts to crack the tube open, we never see it attached to her face.  If it somehow managed to break her tube open the first thing it's going to do is jump on her face.

predxeno

predxeno

Whose face are we referring to?  If we're referring to Ripley's, it could have left the tube by the time we see her again after the scene with the computer screens showing the facehugger on someone's face.

SM

SM

As per earlier post - from the start of the fire to EEV launch 20 seconds elapses.

predxeno

predxeno

Alien 3 isn't 24 tv series.  The events may not have been shown in real time.

SM

SM

QuoteAs per earlier post - from the start of the fire to EEV launch 20 seconds elapses.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, and as per earlier post - Alien 3 isn't 24 tv series.  The events may not have been shown in real time.  Do you honestly believe that all the events in Alien 3 took place in what 2 hours?

SiL

SiL

Most buildings try to evacuate within twenty seconds of a fire breaking out.

Ships aren't much different. It'd be more of a stretch to think it took longer.

predxeno

predxeno

Still, we don't know that the whole incident occurred in real time or if the queen facehugger took a shorter amount of time to impregnate a host.  Let's keep in mind that she had two embryos, an unusual biological occurence.

SM

SM

T'would be better if you were sure of yourself and actually read others posts prior to arguing.

As per my earlier post, the Sulaco's computer says the EEV will launch in 20 seconds.  This is about the same amount of screen time as depicted in the film

predxeno

predxeno

Ok, didn't realize that point.  But we still don't know if the queen facehugger takes shorter time to impregnate than for other normal facehuggers.

SM

SM

And we don't know if they can recite the entire back catalogue of Lady Gaga as beat poetry.

Deal with the things that are known.

There's nothing to suggest a shoter impregnation is required.  If anything the opposite is true due to the Queen's longer gestation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed