AvP deleted/missing scenes!

Started by luispaulo53, Jun 08, 2007, 01:25:30 PM

Author
AvP deleted/missing scenes! (Read 26,182 times)

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

AvP
Missing Scenes

I've talked to Gareth from over at PlanetAVP in the past about AVP, and he told me that he has a source that worked on the film, apparently they told him that there were quite a few scenes and/or shots (which weren't even mentioned on the 2disc dvd) that did not make the final cut due to the fact the Visual Effects teams were not given enough time to complete the work. Actually I believe many of these shots/scenes can be found in "shooting script" that's available online.

Beyond the aforementioned missing scenes, here's some other tidbits I know about....

-There was a short fight scene between Scar and Grid filmed, it occurs in the Ice Grotto(sp?) just before Scar & Lex jump onto the emergency sled. From what I was told it was almost exactly like the beginning of the Celtic/Grid fight, Scar and Grid striking at each other while rolling around on the ground, with Scar taking out a shuriken and slicing Grid across the side of his dome then kicking him against a rock.

-Several shots in the Celtic vs. Grid scene were deleted, unfortunately I didn't get a description of what they were, although when you watch the scene the edits are quite noticeable.

-In the sequence were Scar attacks the team in the Pyramid, there was a scene cut were Scar throws a shuriken which nearly decapitates Sebastian, Lex and Stafford.

-A couple of shots in the scene were the Pred slaughter the team at the Whaling Station were cut. In the final film, we see one of Stafford's men standing outside for no apparent reason, well originally there was a shot were he catches a glimpse of the 3 Preds walking torwards the camp in the middle of the snowstorm. Furthermore, when that said character is killed, all we see in the final film is the camera in Pred POV zoom torwards his face followed by a metallic slashing sound effect, there was a shot cut of a closeup on a cloaked 'Chopper' swiping one of his giant side-blades down into camera.

-In the Flashback sequence, the massive pull-back was trimmed slightly, and just before the Pred's Wristbomb explodes a couple shots of Aliens being diced-up were cut, aswell as a shot of a Pred impaled through the throat by an Alien tail.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Don't buy into Andersons' bullshit prattle.  That all came after the fact.

Pre-release - hyperbole.
Post-release - excuses galore.

Yes, there's deleted stuff.  None of it concerns hormones or R rated footage.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

That is all BS! all of it!

:D

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

===
===

And if is not?

topman

topman

all fake mate!!!!!!!!!

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Quote from: luispaulo53 on Jun 08, 2007, 05:10:35 PM
===
===

And if is not?

i´m just quoting arnie  :D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

DAMN YOU DELETED SCENES!!!!!!!

War Wager

War Wager

After 3 years you'd think Fox would have re-realeased the film with all the deleted scenes and R-rated footage in it...  >:(

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Why the hell are they not doing this!

They should at least give us the option of watching the theatrical version and the NEW version with ALL the deleted scenes in them!

:'(

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 09, 2007, 01:04:21 AM
Why did Veirheiden or whatever call Miller a beaker? What does that mean?

They explain it in the film less than thirty seconds later.  Damn A.D.D.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

"All of the best scenes were cut."

"Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then. Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything."

This was an internet rumour and so is bulls!t...Topman is right all FAKE  :D
The screen shot of the Scar Predator removing the Grid Aliens finger is talked about by Anderson in the Directors commentary on the Extreme Edition DVD.  After the Explosion theres bits of Alien flesh laying round.  The Scar Predator walks over the the Grids courpse one of it's removes a fingers and dips the tip of it in Acid then makes marks Lex's face.  These scenes were also storyboarded.

Trioxide

Trioxide

If you guys watch AvP with the audio commentary by John Bruno, Alec and Tom, they said that the facehuggers leaping in slow motion was much longer but the studio demand a shorter cut....

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

MUCH longer?

what the hell were they thinking, were we going to see 10 minute slow mo sequences?

Thank god they cut out the slow mo time, it was just right in AVP..any lnger and this would be my face.... ::)

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

The movie would have been much better if FOX had given to Anderson total control on the movie!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed