AvP deleted/missing scenes!

Started by luispaulo53, Jun 08, 2007, 01:25:30 PM

Author
AvP deleted/missing scenes! (Read 26,200 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well that is true.

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

In Anderson's script, the story involved 5 predators, not 3. Everyone says that that interview with Anderson where he says "...well, as a filmmaker, I'm satisfied with the film, but as a fan of the originals, this cut really pisses me off." is false, well, this is my opinion, FOX read Anderson's script and because of the budget and their interest of making a lot of money they changed it. I wonder where all those missing scenes are.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I was so pissed when i found out that the 5 preds were cut down to 3

but even so...the last script..the one that i read, had only 3 predators, yet in every page at least 3 scenes where cut out, so many damn scenes were cut out. So who knows if those scenes would have mattered or not.

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

What I mean is that the whole script changed because FOX wanted that way.

Trioxide

Trioxide

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 16, 2007, 06:49:03 PM
MUCH longer?

what the hell were they thinking, were we going to see 10 minute slow mo sequences?

Thank god they cut out the slow mo time, it was just right in AVP..any lnger and this would be my face.... ::)

I love that slow-motion sequence with the face-huggers, so you -- dear sir-- can go to hell!  >:(

:D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I was saying that if it was any longer it would be too much...i said that it was just right in AVP, i am not hating on the scene.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Trioxide on Jun 16, 2007, 07:07:40 PM
I love that slow-motion sequence with the face-huggers

We need a 'puking smiley' for days like this. 

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

I found this  http://trw.umbc.edu/pdfs/vol39/theretriever3901.pdf

Look at page 18, article about AVP

Major point

"Anderson's shooting script was 110 pages while the released product was 87 minutes, meaning at least 20 minutes of the intended  movie was removed."

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I bet my life that they are just waiting for AVP 2 to release this extended version that i have said that they should do...whether or not the damn scene's effect are even done.

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

I hope so. I'll buy it! One thing I don't get. The special effects team didn't have the time to finish all the scenes, right? Why not finish them after the movie release and put them on the unrated DVD?

SiL

SiL

The released shooting script was about 104 pages. There's a lot of description going on in it, with Anderson's usually directing the audience, so it's hardly surprising it came out as short as it did.

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

Where I can get the original script? With 110 pages?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/images/films/avp1/downloads/scriptavp.zip

The script above has 100 pages, was edited by FOX for sure!

echobbase79

echobbase79

What effects scenes are they talking about??? I don't think a $40 mill. budget goes a long way anyway.

As for another cut I think the UNRATED version is the last cut we'll get.

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 16, 2007, 09:52:10 PM
What effects scenes are they talking about??? I don't think a $40 mill. budget goes a long way.

and a few others.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: luispaulo53 on Jun 16, 2007, 09:49:59 PM
The script above has 100 pages, was edited by FOX for sure!
No, that's the one. That's what they shot with. Shooting scripts often have 'scene omitted's on them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed