AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 358,775 times)

wolfboy

wolfboy

I'm gonna say they should ignore fan ideas because they are generally bad. As long as it's written by someone smart and not some dumb shit like Ripley clones thousands of years in the future or setting the movie on Earth for budget squeezing.

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: wolfboy on Jan 02, 2008, 02:12:07 AM
I'm gonna say they should ignore fan ideas because they are generally bad. As long as it's written by someone smart and not some dumb shit like Ripley clones thousands of years in the future or setting the movie on Earth for budget squeezing.

I agree, except I have some ideas of my own but can't be bothered to share them right now, maybe later.  ;)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 02, 2008, 01:03:29 AM
I would say the planet Ryushi... an onscreen adaptation of the original AvP comic.

-Rakai'Thwei

You must like Peter Briggs or whatever his name is script for an avp film then.

Craig

Craig

Quote from: Dragon-Pred on Jan 02, 2008, 01:29:49 AM
Starts on a secret testing facility on random planet. Due to events the humans are well aware of the pred threat and have manage to capture a predator.  Scientists due tests on aliens and pred which leads into having surgically altered pred. Aliens escape and unleash hell then pred escapes.  The entire faciltity is shut down due to pred and aliens make a hive and pred recovers his equipment. Army sends a bunch of Soldiers to what is a unchartered planet to find survivors and recover valuable info. Eventually the preds would send like five or six different preds to kill the main pred who is basically a bad blood. This of course would be the last avp movie and would be like 2 hrs and 40 mins long. It would cost upward of like 100 mil though so prolly never gonna happen   

I would love to see a bunch of different preds though like one wearing alien skin to cover his armor or something.
That's basically Doom with some predators in it.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Craig on Jan 02, 2008, 02:33:58 AM
Starts on a secret testing facility on random planet. Due to events the humans are well aware of the pred threat and have manage to capture a predator.  Scientists due tests on aliens and pred which leads into having surgically altered pred. Aliens escape and unleash hell then pred escapes.  The entire faciltity is shut down due to pred and aliens make a hive and pred recovers his equipment. Army sends a bunch of Soldiers to what is a unchartered planet to find survivors and recover valuable info. Eventually the preds would send like five or six different preds to kill the main pred who is basically a bad blood. This of course would be the last avp movie and would be like 2 hrs and 40 mins long. It would cost upward of like 100 mil though so prolly never gonna happen   

I would love to see a bunch of different preds though like one wearing alien skin to cover his armor or something.

Sorta, but the bad blood subplot would be cool as well.

killzonewith bladesandteet

killzonewith bladesandteet

How about colonial Marines sent out on exercise to test new weapons capabilities. What they don't know is the off world location they've been sent to conduct exercises on is believed according to secret reports made to the Weyland Yutani, company to be a source of Predator activity. There is already tension between the military commanders and the military scientists who have been sent by the company to keep an eye on things-ultimately their secret goal is to try and capture one again after failing several times before on Earth.
As the exercise progresses and conflicts start to arise  as tensions come to ahead as Marine commanders are being forced by powerful political pressure to obey the company scientists who seem to be sending groups of Marines out to out of the way locations. As this happens Marines start to die in ever increasing numbers. The mission commander concerned for his men decides to have the scientists arrested and plans  to go and find out what's killing his men in such horrific fashion.  As the mission proceeds and individual deaths started becoming multiple killings the colonial Marines find themselves up against a small number of these deadly invisible killers.
As situations become more desperate however, the Marine commander begins to notice a pattern. Whoever these silent killers are they are concentrated in one are near the base of a mountainous region  almost as if they were trying to stop the marines from discovering something.
The marine commander decides to mount an operation to find out what believing whatever it is that they are protecting could be key to getting off the planet alive.
However as an elite squad of the Marines chosen to infiltrate this area make their way in they discover in hidden underground caverns that what really lies there are the unimaginable terrors of creatures so deadly they realize that whatever was killing them was trying to hide a deadly breeding program for the ultimate prey: Aliens

Spectre

Spectre

Never saw or played the video game  :-[

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Dragon-Pred on Jan 02, 2008, 05:02:44 AM

The game could have actually been an Alien game, the premises are very similar, but because of creative differences, Id left that idea and created doom.

Craig

Craig

I was referring to the movie, which is underrated btw.

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: Craig on Jan 02, 2008, 06:12:10 AM

I was referring to the movie, which is underrated btw.

never saw it

ReViliTy

ReViliTy

in the future on a scrappy mining planet.  During mining they find some space jockey ruines and tons of eggs.  Eggs hatch and grab everyone slowly during the night.  They send a distress call that is recieved by the colonial marines and the predators as well.

4 predators go to the hunt, they already know what lies there.  Each predator is very unique this time around and specializing in different combat styles, from melee, to strickly projectile based.  Many weapons would return. A cross between the smart disk and the shuriken is introduced.  Weapons would be a cross between standard pred weapons and some of the avp stuff but not as over the top.  main new weapon seen is a arm cannon as I could never picture using pistol or rifle like devices, it just looked out of placein avpr.  The spear gun is also finally shown.  These guys are decked out for grand hunt.  This is also the first time the predators have been encountered since avpr.  Their cloaking technology has improved to a point that they can't be tracked down any way known to man.

Aliens this time around include the cameron style ones, runners and a new one, the king.  There is no queen this time around and about 2 dozen eggs.  No clue on what the king be like, but he is more of a protector and layed in hibernation till all the eggs hatched. Thing is huge, but little smaller than a queen. This is the main reason the predators are there, to hunt one of the toughest and rarest types of aliens.

Everybody arrives a weeks too late, so those cameron style aliens could make more sense.  First the marines, and then the preds.  The marines have no clue what their in for, only the synthoid with them sectrely does.  Marines go in looking for survivors and get into the ruins, they find a few there and some hints to alien origins are shown.  Shit hits the fan and run to the evact plane only to find the predators has destroyed the their only chance of escape.  During the fights, one of the survivors was taken away, who has the access to the planet's escape pods.  He has a trackign device on him, so the marines have no choice but to enter the hive and retrieve it if they are to survive.  When they find him, he is being protected by the King because he was facehugged from the very last egg, a queen.

Its got enough familar stuff from previous movies for it not to feel out of place, but enough new stuff in pred tech, alien life cycle, and alien origin to add to the lores. Alien and predator origins would never be explained and i don't believe ever should, the mystery makes them better. Theres many aliens, but not as many as A2 to keep the battles from turning into shooting galleries like aliens did.  I'd say a budget around 75 million and about 2:00 to 2:00 & half hours max.  no hour and half deal can work for this type of movie, theres just too many characters and creatures that need proper fleshing out.  There would definally be a winner between the predators and aliens.  Whether the humans escape or not depends upon which ending, gotta have 2 for the dvd.

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: ReViliTy on Jan 02, 2008, 08:00:18 AM
in the future on a scrappy mining planet.  During mining they find some space jockey ruines and tons of eggs.  Eggs hatch and grab everyone slowly during the night.  They send a distress call that is recieved by the colonial marines and the predators as well.

4 predators go to the hunt, they already know what lies there.  Each predator is very unique this time around and specializing in different combat styles, from melee, to strickly projectile based.  Many weapons would return. A cross between the smart disk and the shuriken is introduced.  Weapons would be a cross between standard pred weapons and some of the avp stuff but not as over the top.  main new weapon seen is a arm cannon as I could never picture using pistol or rifle like devices, it just looked out of placein avpr.  The spear gun is also finally shown.  These guys are decked out for grand hunt.  This is also the first time the predators have been encountered since avpr.  Their cloaking technology has improved to a point that they can't be tracked down any way known to man.

Aliens this time around include the cameron style ones, runners and a new one, the king.  There is no queen this time around and about 2 dozen eggs.  No clue on what the king be like, but he is more of a protector and layed in hibernation till all the eggs hatched. Thing is huge, but little smaller than a queen. This is the main reason the predators are there, to hunt one of the toughest and rarest types of aliens.

Everybody arrives a weeks too late, so those cameron style aliens could make more sense.  First the marines, and then the preds.  The marines have no clue what their in for, only the synthoid with them sectrely does.  Marines go in looking for survivors and get into the ruins, they find a few there and some hints to alien origins are shown.  Shit hits the fan and run to the evact plane only to find the predators has destroyed the their only chance of escape.  During the fights, one of the survivors was taken away, who has the access to the planet's escape pods.  He has a trackign device on him, so the marines have no choice but to enter the hive and retrieve it if they are to survive.  When they find him, he is being protected by the King because he was facehugged from the very last egg, a queen.

Its got enough familar stuff from previous movies for it not to feel out of place, but enough new stuff in pred tech, alien life cycle, and alien origin to add to the lores. Alien and predator origins would never be explained and i don't believe ever should, the mystery makes them better. Theres many aliens, but not as many as A2 to keep the battles from turning into shooting galleries like aliens did.  I'd say a budget around 75 million and about 2:00 to 2:00 & half hours max.  no hour and half deal can work for this type of movie, theres just too many characters and creatures that need proper fleshing out.  There would definally be a winner between the predators and aliens.  Whether the humans escape or not depends upon which ending, gotta have 2 for the dvd.

I like it but the king alien is alittle farfetched maybe a jockey alien or something like the burster was frozen or something i would also say more preds and maybe one can actually live

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Quote from: ReViliTy on Jan 02, 2008, 08:00:18 AM

needs some polish but a good start i think?

ReViliTy

ReViliTy

couldn't think of a better name than the king, but its built for defense. Without gear, no predator would even stand a chance against him.  I'm keen on a mining planet to help set a dark chaotic mood like the movie the decent did with a sprinkle of tech on the surface and equipment related areas.

A shot of an elder's trophy room be cool as well from where he dispatches the predators.  Just this huge corridor of trophies including a queen hanging showing just why he is in charge.

4 preds, 5 main marines, 2 main survivors and 25 aliens.  Thats a 2.2 kill ratio if the humans and predators were to kill them all.  With many deaths going on, that 25 number would be tougher to beat.  Having multiple endings is where we could finally see a predator live.

To really stick it to selrano, the synthoid would say a little info on what is known about the predators after the first encounter.  Something along the lines of how various rumors and myths built up in the military over time, including an antartica battle, were proven false decades later.

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

I would like .. to see AvP3 on a big SpaceStation or ship .. not an a planet!

Like .. some Science flyable station or ship discover some strange Planet with strange signals, anomaly etc. or smth. like that ... but not land on it, just fly over it ... send some Teams etc. Simply like in Alien .. then come back with the infected one to the station ship and the kills get started. Hive is build, Queen laying some eggs ... an Environment like in Aliens. An emergency signal from this infected ship/station reaches humans and some rescue team etc. is beeing send. A nice build up for human/Alien Action is ready .. imo. Now ... the Predators ... excactly! Predators ...how they come in.
Some ?Scout? Ship with a coule of predators (with an elder on it i thought about 5 - 6), who where on the hunt on a planet in the near. After the Hunt they also get the emergency signal and investigate it. But this happens shortly after the rescue team arrive on the station/ship. Humans dont know about the landing of the preds on the station/shipt because scanners etc. on the ship/station are offline, because aliens cut the power or smth. like that and the scout ship is invisible.

And now the fun begins. Predators discover 2 races, humans and aliens to hunt. They split up and begin to hunt. Some Preds get killed by drones, some drones get killed by preds. And the Humans are in th middle of the action and also kill some aliens alone. But Humans priority is to survive and get back to their ship. A hard way with aliens and preds ...

In the End i imagined some scenes like that. 3 Preds (one is the elder), who survived the "hunt" discover finally the hive and the queen. An epic fight begins ... Drones are helping queen and attack mainly the 2 preds. Elder is fighting with Queen ... and how it ends? The 2 Preds defeat Drones but get killed by the queen ... the Elder is hard wounded but strikes the queen down in a long fight .. well it seems so! But the Queen lives and impale the elder with with her tail. Elder activates self destruct and the whole ship/station blows up .. But the Human reached their ship before and escaped ..

greetz

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed