AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 358,401 times)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Lionhart on May 19, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
I hope they never make another avp movie ever again.

"James Cameron" They screwed the whole franchise

You know he said that before he even saw the movie, right? after he saw it, he actually liked it.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, he endorsed Terminator Genisys too.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 25, 2018, 11:01:32 PM
Yes, he endorsed Terminator Genesys too.

Dangit, you beat me to it.  :D

Yeah, Cameron says a lot of things. He's made some good movies, some not so good. After Avatar and his comments about genisys, his opinion is suspect...in my opinion. ;)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 25, 2018, 11:03:36 PM

Yeah, Cameron says a lot of things. He's made some good movies, some not so good. After Avatar and his comments about genisys, his opinion is suspect...in my opinion. ;)

I always considered Cameron mediocre, his two Terminator films are really the only films of his that I like and I heard he stole the idea from an outer limits episode.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 26, 2018, 12:37:11 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 25, 2018, 11:03:36 PM

I always considered Cameron mediocre, his two Terminator films are really the only films of his that I like and I heard he stole the idea from an outer limits episode.

Well ALIENS took some inspiration from Starship Troopers, Cameron never denied that. Avatar on other hand was just Pocahontas on space, I already knew everthing that was going to happen before seeing it, predictable as I had already seen the same story in other movies. I also heard the blue humanoid aliens were ripped off from a old novel that had such creatures.

Huggs

Huggs

Terminator 1&2
Aliens
True Lies
The Abyss

And that's about it for me. I can slightly tolerate Avatar about once every 5 years. Why it was such a big deal, I'll never understand. It's just dances with wolves meets the smurfs. In fact, Dances with Smurfs is a name I've heard it called several times.

Titanic is one I just can't forgive. As a titanic nut, I couldn't stand what he did with it. Nothing is ever going to top "A Night to Remember". But certainly not some ridiculous "paint me like you love me" business, or whatever the heck that was.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 26, 2018, 01:16:53 AM
And that's about it for me. I can slightly tolerate Avatar about once every 5 years. Why it was such a big deal, I'll never understand.

Perhaps the filming techniques used in this movie were considered an innovation at that time.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Sep 26, 2018, 01:40:57 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 26, 2018, 01:16:53 AM
And that's about it for me. I can slightly tolerate Avatar about once every 5 years. Why it was such a big deal, I'll never understand.

Perhaps the filming techniques used in this movie were an innovation at that time.

I remember the 3D being a big deal, or something to that effect. Still, as a story, it followed too closely in the footsteps of Dances with wolves, and was far too political to suit my tastes.

The Old One

The Old One

No AVP film

SiL

SiL

Yes AvP film. A good one.

The Old One

The Old One

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It can be done! It can be fun! It can be good!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 19, 2018, 11:21:55 AM
https://i.imgur.com/jqSbH1S.jpg

An accurate picture of almost every producer in the mid to late 70s being pitched a monster on a spaceship movie ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps.

I do not believe the creatures' coexistence is suitable.
As sensible as The Thing + Alien/Predator IMO.

SiL

SiL

I believe you're wrong.

Also The Thing works with ... everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed