They should have put the Runner in AVPR

Started by Yihdore, Aug 19, 2008, 06:40:19 PM

Author
They should have put the Runner in AVPR (Read 4,848 times)

Yihdore

Yihdore

That would be cool.

Eidotemit

Yeah, it would have been a reasonable thing to do.

Given their funding constraints and ineptitude with budgeting their funds, they couldn't really afford to make another mold for the runner.

Private Hudson

It would have been more logical than only human born hosts, I mean the aliens are by a forest and they can't find animals for hosts? Give me a break.

wolfboy22

I wouldve loved to see the runner in AVPR and other different hybrids but I guess one can only imagine :'(

DoomRulz

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised we didn't get a runner considering there was a dog in the sewer, where the facehuggers were.

darkbladepred

The runner would have been cool. That homeless dude's dog should totally have given birth to a runner. Of course, then people would question why the aliens didn't come back from the forset with shit like a deer-alien, a racoon-alien, a squirel-alien, ect.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Didn't they say there would be new hybrids in the movie too?

SM

Dunno if they did or it was just a rumour.

No Tail

Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 19, 2008, 10:49:00 PM
Didn't they say there would be new hybrids in the movie too?

There were hybrids

Pred-alien
and
Shit-alien ;D ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

(1) Only one of the computer games referred to them as 'runners'. It's a term I've come to have an irrational hatred for. :)

(2) Why bother? It essentially looked the same as the others, with the exception of lacking the dorsal tubes (there are other differences, like the more developed tail and leg configuration, but most people don't notice them). If they had put one in there, I'd bet you wouldn't even have realised it.

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 20, 2008, 01:35:32 AM
(2) Why bother? It essentially looked the same as the others, with the exception of lacking the dorsal tubes (there are other differences, like the more developed tail and leg configuration, but most people don't notice them). If they had put one in there, I'd bet you wouldn't even have realised it.
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=70&pid=385
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=59&pid=327

Yes, the ... similarities are ... uncanny ...

I know they're figures, but come on. Wouldn't have noticed?

Eidotemit

Don't forget how dark the film was, it could just look like another alien crawling on the wall.  :P

Private Hudson

I think the Ox/Dog alien looks nothing like the warriors from any of the movies, with the exception of maybe A:R and AVP.

Eidotemit

It looks a good deal like them, mostly with different leg structure and lack of dorsal spines. When it stands its not that different (ignoring the color since there are slight variants in every incarnation).

It certainly doesn't look the same, but its not drastically different.

Yihdore

Yihdore

Well lets see the runner would have been red and faster

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed