POST PROOF for Canon

Started by Meathead320, Jun 01, 2007, 04:06:27 AM

Author
POST PROOF for Canon (Read 1,300 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

"POST PROOF"  >:(

I always thought this was odd, and that it should be more like; "where is your evidence?"   :D
Evidence vs. Proof.

This is mostly concerned with Fan-Fiction, but there are some things that fans try to prove to each-other, but they tend to just re-hash evidence, and call it "proof".  ::)

Is there enough evidence to suggest that Bishop II (A3) was an Android, or Human? Who knows? Maybe his is a descendant of the original Weyland, maybe he is a Clone, or just a more advanced Synthetic, made to appear more human, and even programmed to demonstrate reaction to what would register as pain for a human, and has red blood.  :-X

Same thing with Egg-Morphing. We have evidence, but fans still dispute it. Looks like nothing if proven at all, or at the very least is still "arguable", obviously, because fans are arguing over it. 

Some of the things in the films, that fans try to Prove, would not even be enough evidence to prove and event in court, because the evidence is not strong enough in either argument, for or against. Hence the term "the Jury's still out".  :-\

Absolute proof would be me taking a friend to the Topsfield Pumpkin weigh-off in October, to prove to him that Growers can get Pumpkins over 1,000 pounds (455 kg). Sure enough every year many contestants go over that weight, so by taking a friend there I just PROVED something to him.  :o

It is not like we can just take a walk in the Alien universe, so all we can compare is evidence for most of the debatable topics.

Proof is simply not possible, and evidence in not always proof.  :'(

Now on matters of collectibles etc... Then all you got to do is post pics. Such as Facebox has proven that he has an awesome Alien figure and model collection by posting real world pics.  ;D

SM

SM

QuoteIs there enough evidence to suggest that Bishop II (A3) was an Android, or Human?[/quote

Yes.

QuoteSame thing with Egg-Morphing. We have evidence, but fans still dispute it. Looks like nothing if proven at all, or at the very least is still "arguable", obviously, because fans are arguing over it. 

There's also this thing called 'denial'.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2007, 04:26:19 AM

There's also this thing called 'denial'.

Thing is, we still do not have enough evidence to prove to them it is official.

Not until they see it in a film other than the DC of A1.

Then they will just say "well I still don't like it", but it will be proven.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed