A / AVP / P Omnibus - Complete List

Started by The Necronoir, Jul 25, 2008, 02:11:43 AM

Author
A / AVP / P Omnibus - Complete List (Read 43,542 times)

Predator@Alien

Thank's for answers  ;D

Wweyland

These Omnibuses break apart too easily and I guess this format has been discontinued.

Perfect-Organism

They look dated, and kitschy.  It would makes sense that the format is discontinued.

Question to the AVP readers:  If I were to buy the AVP series of Omnibi, and read it in the sequence that it appears in the comilations, would I be reading everything in the proper sequential order and would I be reading the complete works (not counting Fire and Stone nor Life and Death)?

SM

SM

Yes and no.  The first series (AvP) with Machiko Noguchi has a sequel with AvP: War, which has another lead-in Aliens only series (Berserker aka Frenzy).  AvP: Pursuit is a sequel to Aliens: Purge, and AvP: The Web is another sequel to AvP.

AvP: Thrill of the Hunt, AvP: Civilised Beasts, and AvP: Three World War (a further sequel to AvP) aren't omnibised.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 13, 2013, 09:15:56 AM
So my current Aliens/Predator/AvP comic collection is largely single issues, and I'm finding that that's a pain in the ass to store and transport, so I'm considering re-buying everything as Omnibii and then re-selling my individual issues to recoup my costs. Are the pages as large as normal comic pages, or are they scaled down? I have the Indiana Jones Omnibus and it seems smaller than normal comic book pages, and that kind of annoyed me.
4 and a half years later, I'm FINALLY making good on this plan. I got the omnibii several years ago, but after moving to a new house (a year ago) i finally spent this weekend sorting out all the single issues and I'm going to get rid of them. Less clutter feels good.

Perfect-Organism

I agree.  I think I will do the same.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I would never get rid of my single issues and graphic novels for the omnibus releases.

The smaller scale and lack of cover/variant art are a deal breaker for me. The collection of single issues has more character and make for a more interesting collection even if you have the omnibi & panel to panel as well.

The omnibus are good for easy access if you want to read the stories easily or on the go but are not an actual substitute for my collection, which is made up of all the released stories for a/p/avp and many different releases and tpb's of the same stories. (Not quite finished getting all the different released editions and im missing some Aliens magazine issues as well)

Im weird tho

Wweyland

I love the idea of the Omnibuses but the reality is that they are smaller, they are missing some stories and they break apart easily.
I have them all but I also have scanned versions for the quickest and easiest access.
Maybe they could restart the omnibuses and make a more complete collection with a better presentation.

Perfect-Organism

The DH omnibus collection dated really badly.  They just don't look good.

Wweyland

I agree, the white and soft covers are not great and it doesnt help that all the other Dark Horse omnibuses look the same (Buffy, Star Wars, Terminator). One advantage they have over single issues is that there are no commercials. Some of the 90ties NES and SNES commercials are fun though,

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 24, 2018, 05:52:54 PM
I love the idea of the Omnibuses but the reality is that they are smaller, they are missing some stories and they break apart easily.
I have them all but I also have scanned versions for the quickest and easiest access.
Maybe they could restart the omnibuses and make a more complete collection with a better presentation.

I have the AVP ones, and my Omnibus 2 basically fell apart the second day I got it 9 or 10 years ago.  I actually just started re-reading it a few days ago and had to toss the cover aside because it kept getting in the way of my page turning :-\  It'd be nice if they did quality covers - The Sandman covers are a dream (no pun intended).  Or at least hardback. 

Xenomrph

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2018, 05:14:15 PM
I would never get rid of my single issues and graphic novels for the omnibus releases.

The smaller scale and lack of cover/variant art are a deal breaker for me. The collection of single issues has more character and make for a more interesting collection even if you have the omnibi & panel to panel as well.

The omnibus are good for easy access if you want to read the stories easily or on the go but are not an actual substitute for my collection, which is made up of all the released stories for a/p/avp and many different releases and tpb's of the same stories. (Not quite finished getting all the different released editions and im missing some Aliens magazine issues as well)

Im weird tho
What with all the other stuff I collect, I just don't have room anymore for the single issues while still keeping my house relatively "organized". I agree on the page-resizing, and if every Alien story had been collected and reprinted in TPB format I'd have stuck with that, but there's all those odds-and-ends stories like the Dark Horse Presents stuff that was never collected as a TPB that makes that impossible.
With the omnibii I can put them on on a bookshelf and it'll look clean and neat, as opposed to having stacks of containers holding all my single issues. Single issues are cool and all, I just don't have a good way to store them without either keeping them in the garage or stacked up in a room somewhere and looking tacky.

Wweyland

Was there a list of comics missing from the omnibuses? Not counting the newer stuff of course.

HuDaFuK

Not a list, but the ones not included are mentioned in the last paragraph here.

Wweyland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 08, 2018, 12:37:36 PM
Not a list, but the ones not included are mentioned in the last paragraph here.
Thanks, it makes sense that the card-game stuff is not in the omnibuses. Would have thought that the list with missing stuff is actually bigger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed