ADI's predator design...

Started by MetroidMatt87, May 30, 2007, 10:20:13 PM

Author
ADI's predator design... (Read 7,791 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That's the main thing that upset me about ADI's Predator design. The fact that the madibles don't even cover it's mouth. If the mandibles were as close together as the original design, i wouldn't have hated it that much, but i would still hate it for all the other reasons why the face looks "romantic" ::)

Danger Close

Danger Close

You can blame who you want for the screw up in AVP's Predator design, but unless someone takes responsibility, we will never know. Anderson's concept of a romantic lead was idiotic, and ADI should have had the BALLS to say NO!
The bottem line should be that ADI has a chance to redeem themselves and it looks like they have done it. The new Predator is exactly what everyone wants. Everything I have seen on the AVP2 Pred is good, now I won't judge till at least the trailer.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Just because it had its mouth open means nothing. That was situational behaviour.

The impression of it being 'romantic' was nothing to do with them. The only reason it appeared like that was because of soft focus and a long pause. That was a directorial decision.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Anderson screw up the behavior and movments of the Predator and ADI screwed the look.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

What he said

MetroidMatt87

MetroidMatt87

What they said

Predboy

Predboy

Scar looked like a giant pile of dog shit that a cat pissed on. The movement of the mandibles was crap, it spreaded too far, the face looked like the inner mouth was the main and the mandibles were just there for show, it didn't look like it was part of the mouth at all. The face was rubbery and fake, the eyes were shit, also making you believe that the predator was some guy in a suit. The inside of the mouth looked like Anderson got bored of playing with himself so he decided to draw a mouth on the pred with a magic marker. They didn't put enough slime on the face and the eyebrow movement made the predator look more like a scared human whos about to shit their pants than a fierce alien whos about to make you eat your own shit. Anderson is such a retard. I hate that idiot. >:( He made the predators look like a bunch of weaklings too. >:(

MetroidMatt87

MetroidMatt87

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 02, 2007, 12:38:20 AM
Scar looked like a giant pile of dog shit that a cat pissed on. The movement of the mandibles was crap, it spreaded too far, the face looked like the inner mouth was the main and the mandibles were just there for show, it didn't look like it was part of the mouth at all. The face was rubbery and fake, the eyes were shit, also making you believe that the predator was some guy in a suit. The inside of the mouth looked like Anderson got bored of playing with himself so he decided to draw a mouth on the pred with a magic marker. They didn't put enough slime on the face and the eyebrow movement made the predator look more like a scared human whos about to shit their pants than a fierce alien whos about to make you eat your own shit. Anderson is such a retard. I hate that idiot. >:( He made the predators look like a bunch of weaklings. >:(

Yes hehe

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 02, 2007, 12:38:20 AM
Scar looked like a giant pile of dog shit that a cat pissed on.
Ohh man, that one really made me laugh ;D ;D ;D... but its the truth :'(

Spoon

Spoon

Its so ture it hurts.  I dont even like thinking about avp.  Im so disgusted with the predator in that movie.  They really need Stan Winston doing the predator.  He even did the aliens in Aliens.  Aliens, predator and predator 2 where the only movies with such great creativity and so well designed.   Stan Winston really showed him self.
  I really like the improvment with the alien and predator design in avp2 but im sure it wont compare with the originals.  Saying that makes it quite sad as this is like 15 years later.

What I dont like is how poeple dont really care what they are doing as long as they are getting paid.  I know if I was on design team or doing spcial effects I would have been disgusted with avp and said something even if i get fired :)
Like even the part where the alpha alien all of a sudden has a 30 foot long tail and stabs the predator to bring it up to his face.  Not only is the aliens tail 30 feet long in that scene but hes able to lift a 300 pound predator with that extension.  Is paul anderson like 12 years old and thought that was sooo coool.  Ahhh that movie is so shit!!! OMG. I really hope this avp movie doesnt have 2 in it and make it a replacement.

MetroidMatt87

MetroidMatt87

I always wondered if while filming the movie, Anderson was like OOooOO this is soooo the shits! Awsome big esplosives make the audience cry with joy! And also what was going on in his mind when (or shall I say IF) he was with a test audience and they showed their dissappointment towards the film. I just really hope AvP2 turns out good cause the Strause Bros are gonna have ALOT of hate mail if its not. The Alien and Predator community is friggin HUGE. I hope the best for them (as well as us fans)

Spoon

Spoon

LOL  I was just saying that in another topic.  I really think Paul Anderson giggles while directing and thinks his designs are so cool.    Hes like running around the set pertending hes the predator with those stupid 4 foot blades that they have and making effect sounds as he swings his arms wildly " SHING, SHING"     " I GOT YOU!  NO I GOT YOU FIRST!"

MetroidMatt87

MetroidMatt87

Quote from: Spoon on Jun 02, 2007, 01:47:56 AM
LOL  I was just saying that in another topic.  I really think Paul Anderson giggles while directing and thinks his designs are so cool.    Hes like running around the set pertending hes the predator with those stupid 4 foot blades that they have and making effect sounds as he swings his arms wildly " SHING, SHING"     " I GOT YOU!  NO I GOT YOU FIRST!"

Hehehehehe its funny cause its true!

jimmylace

jimmylace

that comparison made me laugh out loud. Theres no way a Predator should ever EVER look afraid.

SMJ

SMJ

I actually thought Scar's "shock face" was funny. I also thought his angry face, if you pause at certain points, was awesome, but I didn't like how the skin between his mandibles was so loose looking and they never fully closed!!! And yeah he coulda been less dry looking too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed