ADI's predator design...

Started by MetroidMatt87, May 30, 2007, 10:20:13 PM

Author
ADI's predator design... (Read 7,793 times)

MetroidMatt87

MetroidMatt87

We all know how ADI and Andersons help really made the preds look uber retarded, but what i wanna know is why is the pred on the ADI website look different and much much better than the one in the first movie? It looks like the pred from Predator, not stupid scars fake looking self. Im guessin cause its a sculpt and not a costume. Has anyone seen what im talking about? The pic of the pred and alien fighting in ADIs workshop. Also, the alien looks a bazillion times better in that what we all saw on screen.

Highland

Highland

I think Anderson asked for Specifics, hence the tosh that was Scar.....

jacorama

jacorama

::)i think all desighns that have been made for the predator  and alien movies have been cool exept alien vs predator 2 desighn for the alien !

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Scar also suffered by not being 'slimed up' as Anderson wanted him to be more leading-man-like (??) and not so monstrous.

One of the reasons why the suit looks painfully fake in pretty much all the close-ups.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: MetroidMatt87 on May 30, 2007, 10:20:13 PM
We all know how ADI and Andersons help really made the preds look uber retarded, but what i wanna know is why is the pred on the ADI website look different and much much better than the one in the first movie? It looks like the pred from Predator, not stupid scars fake looking self. Im guessin cause its a sculpt and not a costume. Has anyone seen what im talking about? The pic of the pred and alien fighting in ADIs workshop. Also, the alien looks a bazillion times better in that what we all saw on screen.

If you notice the Predator in AVP when it does it's angry face (especially when pulling on the Queen's chains to kill her) he looks way better.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I don't think it looked that bad as most people say.  They had to make it more expressive because of Paul Anderson's requests so that's why the mandibles stuck out more.  Sure, it may not look as good as the previous designs, but I think it achieved what it set out to do.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: gameoverman on May 31, 2007, 04:32:15 AM
I don't think it looked that bad as most people say.  They had to make it more expressive because of Paul Anderson's requests so that's why the mandibles stuck out more.  Sure, it may not look as good as the previous designs, but I think it achieved what it set out to do.

Which was to make a mockery of the Predators face.

jimmylace

jimmylace

am I hearing empahty towards andersons botchjob of the predators? sympathy for the devil that is. The preds looked like shit. I'm at least encouraged to hear that the reason for that may have been andersons orders and not ADI's inexperience in creating the pred.

Highland

Highland

The money shot (or Shot from the Devil) for me was when the Queen burst through the ground and scar turns round, if you look at his face you can almost add the caption "Oh my good I just filled my space shorts"....... Poor!

Spoon

Spoon

LOL 
When he first took off the mask in avp and i was watching in theater i said out loud "OMG hes so f@#$in ugly"  Speaking of course on what a shit job.
  I thought I was watching a ninja turtle movie back in the late 80's was it?
Looked so rubbery and stupid.  He has a full set of teeth which looks so retarded! ahahahah
And those mandibles opening up that far with that noticable jerking from electronics was soo preiceless.  Paul anderson is a IDIOT.

jimmylace

jimmylace

best post of the decade ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Eh... It looked just the same as the early design, to me, except for being able to express more.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

how does this

ALMOST look like this?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Good comparison. But what about showing a shot with the first Predator's mandibles closed?

Won't find the same pic with Scar.  He seems to always have his mouth open like some kind of retard.  :P

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 01, 2007, 11:17:51 AM
Good comparison. But what about showing a shot with the first Predator's mandibles closed?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/predator/dvdcap30.jpg

Won't find the same pic with Scar.  He seems to always have his mouth open like some kind of retard.  :P

That's what happens when you use ADI instead of Stan Winston...

There is one thing that puzzles me though: the blueprints for the construction of the Predator head, servos and all included, aren't they Fox's property...? If so, they should have 'given' them to ADI being ADI, you know, more experienced with Aliens and NOT with the Predator... And it shows... I mean, Tom and Alec were a part of Stan's team, but I don't know if they ever got to work on the Predator...

Though I have to say that the Aliens in AVP looked too small (check out the Aliens climbing up the device that is restraining the Queen on AVP - they look very small as the Queen is a lot bigger than the ALiens and Alien Resurrection Queen). In Alien they were more than 2 metres tall, and here they were smaller than the Predator! What's up with that?

So, everything regarding the prosthetics debacle, I blame it on ADI's inexperience with the Predator design... They ought to have built the Predator according to Stan's designs from the first and second movies... ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed