would peter jackson be able to clean up the mess of the avp franchise

Started by Technine, Jun 23, 2008, 04:21:59 AM

would peter jackson be able to clean up the mess of the avp franchise

yes
no
Author
would peter jackson be able to clean up the mess of the avp franchise (Read 2,378 times)

Technine

the avp franchise is in a bit of a mess
it totaly forgot about all the info we have previously learnt about the predators
and changed the alien design twice sparking much disagreement in the avp community

so my question to you is
would peter jackson be able to clean up the mess of the avp franchise??

do you want him as director for avp3??

do you want avp3??

SM

YEs he could clean it up.

No, he won't though.

The Necronoir

I know I'm not going to be popular by saying this, but I think Peter Jackson's talent as a director is overrated. Yes, he's competent, but in a very text-book kind of way, and his style often leaves periods with a very clunky inartistic feel. I think the success of the Lord of the Rings has a great deal to do with the original material prevailing over what is often not the best treatment. In other words I think they are, to some degree, a success despite Jackson being director. For me King Kong just confirmed it, being one of only a very few films I've turned off half-way through.

As such, I'm really not interested in him being involved with the AVP franchise. He'd probably lift it a little, but I'd rather get someone in who could raise it even further.

Technine

anyone in piticular you want to see

Technine

a good directing team for avpr would be

John McTiernan (die hard, die hard with a vengance, predator)
&
James Cameron(aliens, termanator, rambo first blood prt 2, titanic, true lies, termanaqtor 2)

darkbladepred

A Peter Jackson AVP? Great... a four hour, poorly paced, overly dramatic, overly artistic, Alien and Predator movie. I like KILLa's idea, but neither of them will ever touch AVP.

Undeadite

I say yes, but not the new epic jackson, the old gore hound jackson. He is a good story teller, he just needs to go back to his more humble days.

Technine

imagine what movie those 2 could make
it would make mona lisa look like
crap on a stick made by some red neck hillbilly
who lives in a ex-nuclear weapon testing zone
and drinks mercury from thermometers

Ratchetcomand

He trun the offer to direct the forth alien movie, so i doubt he would do a AVP movie.

XENOWARRIOR

no he wont, no he cant, no he shouldnt.

PERIOD.

avp3 yes, but done well.

Undeadite

Quote from: XENOWARRIOR on Jun 23, 2008, 07:23:43 PM

PERIOD.

avp3 yes, but done well.

Care to explain your opinion?

XENOWARRIOR

Quote from: Undeadite on Jun 23, 2008, 07:28:39 PM
Quote from: XENOWARRIOR on Jun 23, 2008, 07:23:43 PM

PERIOD.

avp3 yes, but done well.

Care to explain your opinion?

witch one?

Undeadite

The one that you feel is set in stone lol.

XENOWARRIOR

well first i dont think peter jackson will do avp3, but also i dont think he could do avp justice, so i dont think he should try, i mean his work is great, but i dont think he would do avp in a way the fans would want. he would probaby use a lot of cgi, and imagine if alot of the creatures were done the same way golom and king kong were! not exciting me. :-\

SM

Rather WETA doing effects than most other effects houses.

That said - Jackson knocked back Resurrection.  He'd never even consider AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed