Yes
32 (58.2%)
No
17 (30.9%)
I don't care.
6 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author
AVP Pred wrist blades (Read 11,282 times)

Predboy

Predboy

God, that plasma cannon is f*cking huge. I just....hate it.

Cromartie

Cromartie

the wristblades are more practical the longer they are.

SiL

SiL

Other way around. The longer they are, the more impractical they are to use.

Caledonia

Caledonia

Sword attachments where sweet, but the wrist-blade was too long. Felt Paul Anderson just wanted something to be cool without thinking about it....
I hated the way they flipped around too.

Aeus

Aeus

The blades looked horrendous. Who would use a slicing weapon against a creature that has acid for blood any way? Duh, accident waiting to happen. Should have tried to snap its kneck or beat it to death with a blunt weapon.

Didn't even bring acid proof armour...What a tit.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Who the hell voted yes???!!!

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: The Joker on Aug 17, 2007, 03:18:18 AM
Who the hell voted yes???!!!

23 people of questionable taste, I'd say.  :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Have these people no shame!?

ultimate predator (india)

I liked the AVP wrist blades, but they were made of poor quality. They melted on first strike with the blood - acid of the aliens. They are the primary weapons of the predator. If they melt then the predator has no choice but to fight with his hands, and i don't think he would stand a chance as the aliens would tear him with their claws. I hope this time the wolf has good quality anti-acid wrist blades.

Cromartie

Cromartie

aliens have an exoskeleton or caparice not bones!

Bishop2

Bishop2

On the "Unrated" DVD, Anderson mentions that Predators going on an Alien hunt would, to his mind, need to have blades with a longer reach so as to avoid acid backsplash onto their body or armor.  Makes sense to me.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Kal Skirata on Aug 17, 2007, 02:18:44 PM
aliens have an exoskeleton or caparice not bones!

How very random.  Who or what are you responding to?

Regardless, at least one strain of Alien has bones, the one in the Predator 2 display case.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I voted yes, i liked the wristblades. Yeah they may have been big but they were long enough to kill an alien without the pred losing its hand.

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

my opinion of the various wristblades in the movie is...

that the longer "alien hunt" wristblades were acid proof (although there's no evidence for or against this), but I like this idea none the less...

and the shorter "human hunt" wristblades are not acid proof, hence we see them melting in the film...

each pred had a unique "uber" weapon... Scar had the longer wristblades, Celtic would have had the biggest plasma caster (if they were'nt taken) and chopper had the super blades...

so celtic only had the "human hunt" wristblades to take on Grid, and they were'nt too effective...

Gill Predator

Gill Predator

gill predator's wrist blades is too long .....but cool

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed