Started by Chris P, May 29, 2008, 10:09:26 PM

Which ALIEN design did you preffer out of:  AVP  &   AVPR

AVP
175 (66.8%)
AVPR
87 (33.2%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Author
Which ALIEN design did you prefer out of: AVP & AVPR (Read 91,414 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on May 29, 2008, 10:42:50 PM
AVP aliens looked a whole lot better and more menacing onscreen.

What he said.

Chris P

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 30, 2008, 04:13:19 PM

What he said.

The jaw on the Aliens from AVPR were a little bit much.  If they kept the AVP Alien design, just changed the head to what they were in AVPR (GRID) that would have looked better.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chris P on May 30, 2008, 08:02:59 PM

What he said.

The jaw on the Aliens from AVPR were a little bit much.  If they kept the AVP Alien design, just changed the head to what they were in AVPR (GRID) that would have looked better.

Agreed. The teeth looked as though they were growing out of the lips.

Chris P

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 30, 2008, 11:26:12 PM

What he said.

Agreed. The teeth looked as though they were growing out of the lips.

I know right?  They went a little bit "overboard" on that design.  In my opinion.

Stalker

Stalker

I think you might be mixed up. "Grid" was the nickname of the alien in AVP which killed Celtic & Scar, identified by the grid-like marks on its head caused by Celtic's net.

And as far as your comment about taking the AVP alien design & putting a different head on them...well that is what they did.

Tundro

Just think, we wouldnt be having this conversation if Stan Winston had been on board from the very beginning, LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN!  Screw you Fox and your cheep executive low-budget asses!
That being said, for me it's actually requiem for me, reminds me of Cameron's aliens.  Guilty as charged.

Da-Wolf

you know, I do like both designs, I don't think their awesome like the first two though.  I like the avp one, is actually the first design I knew, what I liked about the ones in avpr was the fact that they looked like different versions of the ones on avp but still the same, a part in the sewer
when chet impregnates the homeless people is almost completely alike (reversed though) to when grid turns to look at celtic before he starts running to gris, that's something I really liked.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Tundro on May 31, 2008, 02:48:02 AM
That being said, for me it's actually requiem for me, reminds me of Cameron's aliens.  Guilty as charged.

You must not remember his aliens very well.

gameoverman

One thing I give Anderson credit for - he knows how to shoot aliens.  Not one shot did I think that the aliens looked fake or retarded looking.

And every shot was great - you could really make out the detail.

AVPR - holy f**k - when you could barely make them out.  I admit, some shots I liked.  The alien running along the ceiling looked good. 

But the aliens on the rooftop were a disgrace!  They looked like muppets.  :D  It was like a carnival game - they kept bobbing up and down in the background.  It was the most retarded thing I've ever seen.  :-X

Stalker

I have to agree with you there mate, the rooftop scene was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. The part that really made me laugh my head off was when Dallas shot one of the aliens with the plasmacaster, & it flew backwards, ass-first into the air with its feet flailing everywhere. You just can't watch that with a straight face.

Chris P

Quote from: Stalker on May 31, 2008, 07:55:48 AM
I have to agree with you there mate, the rooftop scene was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. The part that really made me laugh my head off was when Dallas shot one of the aliens with the plasmacaster, & it flew backwards, ass-first into the air with its feet flailing everywhere. You just can't watch that with a straight face.
:D :D :D :D YEP.  That was pretty funny.

War Wager

AvP. They had a nice sleek dome with a nice pattern underneath. They look much, much better than they do in AvPR, they're smart, agile and are worthy of being called 'Aliens'.

Byohzrd

Quote from: War Wager on May 31, 2008, 09:29:06 PM
AvP. They had a nice sleek dome with a nice pattern underneath. They look much, much better than they do in AvPR, they're smart, agile and are worthy of being called 'Aliens'.
Well i wouldnt call much of anything after 1997 'aliens' but ill agree the AvP creatures looked alot more dangerous and realistic then the ones in requiem. The shot that just oozed fake was the shot through the night vision goggles.

War Wager

Agreed. The way it's dorsal tubes just flap around... ugh. :-X

aliensetta

aliensetta

They both sucked but the AVP aliens sucked less and the Predalien chestburster in AVP didn't look like a puppet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed