Should the Predators metal have been resistant to the Aliens acid blood in AvP

Started by Yautja, Dec 14, 2006, 12:02:55 AM

Author
Should the Predators metal have been resistant to the Aliens acid blood in AvP (Read 32,267 times)

DB

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 16, 2006, 06:25:09 PM
Comics are the first thing to come up with the whole AvP concept.  ;D

But remember that the films came up with the Predator itself. The comics depict the Predator's "hunting ethic" in an exaggerated manner just as they depict the Aliens as even weaker and less intelligent versions of the creatures in the films.

YautjaWarrior

Wasn't the whole honor concept present in the first Predator movie? The Pred didn't attack anyone unarmed, or in Arnie's case, the Pred fought him in hand-to-hand combat.

Corporal Hicks

It was a challenge thing. He wouldn't fight if you were unarmed because you weren't threatening. I can't remember the exact line but Dutch said something similar.

YautjaWarrior

I thought they were all pretty much like that; hunting's not fun without a challenge...

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: DB on Dec 16, 2006, 07:59:20 PM
Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 16, 2006, 06:25:09 PM
Comics are the first thing to come up with the whole AvP concept.  ;D

But remember that the films came up with the Predator itself. The comics depict the Predator's "hunting ethic" in an exaggerated manner just as they depict the Aliens as even weaker and less intelligent versions of the creatures in the films.

Yes, I suppose.  :-\

ButtZilla

Arnie said something like:

"He didn't kill him because he wasn't armed. No sport!"

I could be wrong, but hey.  :D

What about Predator Helmets? Shouldn't they protect the Predators from Face Huggers and Alien jaw attacks? Acid proof as well? Not completely acid proof but give you some protection.

Predator Schwarzenegger

To me the whole honorable thing was just a given. I'd only seen the films and never read a comic til now and I deducted as much years ago just from how the Preds acted, hunted and how they prepared and relished thier trophies. I didn't know it was such a debated point.  ???

G.C. Samaras

Quote from: Yautja on Dec 16, 2006, 01:17:33 PM
Quote from: GC_Samaras on Dec 16, 2006, 03:39:49 AM
Quote from: DB on Dec 15, 2006, 05:41:48 PM
If it's "survival of the fittest", why would it be unfair?
Becuase Predators claim to fight with "honour". Honour isn't owning your opponents with little effort. Like I said, it is like using an Autosniper in Counterstrike.

Even if they predators metal was resistant, it would still make killing the Alien an honorable kill. Especially if the Pred was without a plasma cannon.
That's like killing a human with a spacesuit on, its cheap. A human can't really hurt you and you're probably wielding an AK-47 so it would be a cheap kill.

carlp06

If the predators metal would have been resistant the aliens acid blood then it would have easily been an unfair fight. The grid alien would have been caught in  the net and would have been killed.

The Ultimate Predator

I don't mind the alien broke out the net, but I find it stupid that the predator was subsequently killed.

carlp06

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 31, 2006, 09:03:26 PM
I don't mind the alien broke out the net, but I find it stupid that the predator was subsequently killed.
I was dissapointed when the alien killed the celtic pred after breaking out of the net,cos that meant there was only one more pred left in the hunt. :(

topman

who created the predator first? did the comics come first or the movie version? ???

The Ultimate Predator

Movie, lol. Comics created the AvP concept though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed