So much potential...

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2007, 08:52:00 AM

Author
So much potential... (Read 3,451 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

...I was just watching all the old AvP trailers and I'm really disappointed. It looks so awesome.  :-\

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Exactly i thought that after watching all them more than 100 times that this was going to be the greatest movie ever...but after i started reading who Paul Anderson was, i still had a little hope...that hoope quickly got destroyed by watching the movie...but after watching AVP at least 18 times(WTF?! How did that happen?) i just kind of just saw it for what it was...an ok movie, with a great concept but terrible writing.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2007, 08:52:00 AM
...I was just watching all the old AvP trailers and I'm really disappointed. It looks so awesome.  :-\

I agree, the trailers made it look really good, but I guess most trailers only "make" a film look good...  :-\

SM

SM

They did their job.

Darkness

Darkness

I'll give that to Anderson or whoever put the trailers together. They were pretty good.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Yeah whoever put those trailers up should get an award for making the trailers more interesting than the movie itself

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

T'was the same thing with Ghost Rider.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Right on...Ghost Rider should have been as awesome as the trailer made it seem to be, the movie completely sucked, that movie is on my list for one of the mistakes of mankind. There was absolutley no way that this movie could have failed, But then Mark Steven Johnson who also directed the complete pile of horse$#%T that was Elektra seemed to find a way to make one of the most interesting characters in the marvel universe suck in the big screen.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Mark Steven Johnson did not direct Elektra.  Rob Bowman did.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

I really HATE the fact that it took place on earth!  >:(
HATE!

fluxcap

fluxcap

I remember the first time I saw the shot of a predator extending his wristblades, then extending them a 2nd time to become those massive blades, I thought to myself "based on that this movie has to be badass."
*sigh.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 22, 2007, 10:14:32 PM
Mark Steven Johnson did not direct Elektra.  Rob Bowman did.

Well i guess he wrot it or whatever...i'm just remembering that he had something to do with the movie.  Or not...well whatever then

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 23, 2007, 05:44:38 AM
Well i guess he wrot it or whatever...i'm just remembering that he had something to do with the movie. 

He was a producer on it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Then who wrote it then...guess i can't blame Mark on Elektra then, oh well, he still screwed up Ghost Rider >:(

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 23, 2007, 04:37:51 PM
Then who wrote it then...

Zak Penn, Stu Zicherman, and Raven Metzner.

Quoteguess i can't blame Mark on Elektra then, oh well, he still screwed up Ghost Rider >:(

Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed