Doom (2016) (Doom 4)

Started by Ratchetcomand, May 09, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Author
Doom (2016) (Doom 4) (Read 89,364 times)

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 10, 2018, 08:39:50 PM
Yeah that looks pretty fantastic. They've grasped the appeal of D2016 as kind of a super-empowerment-simulator and dialled that up even higher. Love the art and design too - that squelch when he's walking through the fleshy tunnels... And finding further ways to imbue the player character with personality despite being silent. Properly lol'd on the Doomslayer's introduction to the Phobos base.

That feature of other people "invading" your campaign might rub some the wrong way though, it'll need to be very carefully executed.

No worries, the "invading" thing is optional. It is up to you if you allow for this in your campaign. They already said that during the presentation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Makin' me wanna fire up the first.

Well, the last. You know what I mean.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Doomguy's big dick energy was supreme. Love the fact that everyone feared and in awe of him. I actually love the new flamethrower feature that defends you while reloading, thats a huge help when you are closed to getting bodied.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 13, 2018, 02:35:10 PM
Doomguy's big dick energy was supreme. Love the fact that everyone feared and in awe of him. I actually love the new flamethrower feature that defends you while reloading, thats a huge help when you are closed to getting bodied.

Makes me think they want us to feel out of control LOL. Some areas in the last game definitely made me feel overwhelmed and wanting to throw my mouse at the monitor. With the addition of the Archvile, I think that'll definitely be the case ;D

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Rip & Tear

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 13, 2018, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 13, 2018, 02:35:10 PM

Makes me think they want us to feel out of control LOL. Some areas in the last game definitely made me feel overwhelmed and wanting to throw my mouse at the monitor. With the addition of the Archvile, I think that'll definitely be the case ;D
Then what were those other guys that looked like brain children of Guillermo del Toro? Those Summoners?

Wysps

Wysps

Yep they were Summoners. No Archviles were present in Doom 2016. I'm curious to see if they will still deal heavy damage when in their line of fire, or if they'll just resurrect. Can't imagine trying to fight both the Archvile and Summoner at the same time.

Predaker

Predaker

Lookin' good. I see they're bringing back the original plasma rifle design! Invasion sounds fun, too.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 13, 2018, 11:33:52 AM
Makin' me wanna fire up the first.

Well, the last. You know what I mean.
Heard that.

Immortan Jonesy

Wweyland

Wweyland

That is awesome. But wouldn't this secret be discovered earlier by the "noclip" command, looking at source code or the like?

D88M

D88M

God i love Doom, but i thought that you could finish that level on 100% anyway?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 03, 2018, 05:14:23 PM
That is awesome. But wouldn't this secret be discovered earlier by the "noclip" command, looking at source code or the like?
It's a well-known secret, but this is the first time someone has legitimately triggered it in the game without using noclip.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

No Name

No Name

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 05, 2018, 08:53:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IITZDBvqE

All of that being rendered in GZdoom? Damn, that engine has come a long way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed